Special Ops Paintball: shoulder pain - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

shoulder pain uh oh.. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:59 PM

So today we have been cleaning out the basement (finally putting the home theater in) and we had two move out two old couches, they had got stained with rat pee and crap and were absolutely disgusting.

now the first one got loaded onto the truck just fine. i got to ride in the back of the truck on the couch while playing my accoustic, great fun! and we came back for the second one, and we were about to pick it up, i picked it up using my legs of course and there was equal weight distributed on my right and left arm. as soon as we picked it up i heard a pop at the very top of my shoulder farthest from my face, with a big stabbing of pain. i put it back down, the pain went away in mere seconds. we got it loaded up fine, no problems.

Now i have the full range of motion in my arms and shoulders, but i have a horrible pain on left side of my rib cage, the shoulder isnt even stiff.

was the ribs somehow hurt by this? do i need to get it checked?

Tl;dr- picked up couch, popped shoulder, now ribcage on that arms side hurts like crazy, shoulder doesnt.

thanks
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#2 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

Does it hurt when you inhale/exhale deeply? If so it may be acid reflux (stomach acid gets into upper chest) but if not then then t could just be a pull or strain.
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#3 User is offline   C0N0R 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:03 PM

View PostM.O.P., on Feb 21 2009, 06:02 PM, said:

Does it hurt when you inhale/exhale deeply? If so it may be acid reflux (stomach acid gets into upper chest) but if not then then t could just be a pull or strain.

it hurts constantly, so i dont really know.

if its worth anything: im only 16
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#4 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:12 PM

You probably pulled a flank muscle. I have done this before. You don't really notice that you use these muscles unless you move a lot of stuff. If it is just a pull or strain, take it easy for a while. Maybe ice it or put hot on it... I think you want ice, not positive though. Might wanna google that.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#5 User is offline   C0N0R 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:14 PM

View PostFrontier_Bill, on Feb 21 2009, 06:12 PM, said:

You probably pulled a flank muscle. I have done this before. You don't really notice that you use these muscles unless you move a lot of stuff. If it is just a pull or strain, take it easy for a while. Maybe ice it or put hot on it... I think you want ice, not positive though. Might wanna google that.

flank muscle?
thats fine, my suppress muscle can make up for it :)
edit- BA DUM PSHH

but i will google it and check it out

This post has been edited by C0N0R: 21 February 2009 - 04:15 PM

brownie points-15

#6 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:27 PM

Hahaha. Its not called the flank.. but thats what its called on an animal. Bacon is flank meat.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#7 User is offline   Blazerpaint 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Blazerpaint

Posted 21 February 2009 - 06:30 PM

you definitely want to ice it. if it hasnt quit hurting in a couple of days, you should prbly see a doctor.

#8 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:31 PM

it also can be NERVE related, if you pinched the nerve in your shoulder socket when the "pop" occurred, the nerve that runs to your shoulder, runs down into the rib cage area, and over your diaphragm into your spine. the pain can fire off from any spot on that nerve, like the feeling you get in the ribs.

i have had a separated shoulder and it happened to me. but since i had the actual separation, the stabbing pain from that nagged more than the rib pain.

pain killers....advil....any of the extra strength stuff......reduce movement for a while, let it calm down.

#9 User is offline   C0N0R 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

alright, thanks guys, ill se what i can do.

there is some pain around the part of my spine between both of my shoulders, but i think my head is playing games with me.

my guitar teacher told me about how his college guitar teacher (professor i guess?) was straining so hard to play a chord that he heard a SNAP! and then the left side of his rib cage separated from his spine, so ive always been paranoid if i ever hurt my shoulders/ back that will happen to me.
brownie points-15

#10 User is offline   Niceguy74 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:35 AM

yep....and beware of back spasms too. they suck. you can identify those by harsh pain when you try to move. the muscles will lock up, not giving you any range of motion. this can happen in any section of the back, the neck area being the worst.

#11 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:08 AM

Don't be concerned unless the pain sticks around for more than a week. Don't be SERIOUSLY concerned unless it sticks around for more than like two or three weeks. Shoulder injuries suck -- I know that better than most people. But even though it's painful, it's not necessarily bad.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#12 User is offline   C0N0R 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:28 AM

well its all moved to my lower back, nothing in my ribs and shoulders.
im probably just sore.

thanks guys
brownie points-15

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users