• You cannot reply to this topic

pumps... y? Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   russc 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:08 PM

View PostEthrealwolf, on Sep 19 2008, 03:44 PM, said:

View Postrussc, on Sep 19 2008, 11:24 AM, said:

TRad, one of the main reasons I try and get other people to play pump is because it makes the game overall better. If you want to stomp the rec field, a speedball gun is absolutely the best way to go and make yourself a douchebag winner. The more people using pumps, the more fun everyone has. Don't believe me? Try checking out a pump only day. Even if you don't have a pump, you can show up and there will be people willing to lend out their guns - since pump players don't spend as much on paint, we get to buy 10x more guns.

No. I, for one, can't stand pump play. it's slow, it's boring, and I find it to be pointless. This is exactly indicative of the attitude we hate- there are more than a few people in this world who don't have more fun playing pump games. It dosen't make the game 'overall' better, I've run into more than one douchebag pump player who will happily lord over you as a semi player that he shot you out, but when you shoot him out, he blames equipment difference (do it on a consistent basis, and he'll even make sure to loudly accuse you of cheating) I've seen pump 'speed' ball games that lasted twenty minutes because no one moved. Pump play is like any other style of paintball- it's just a different take on the game we all know and love. it is not inherently better, faster, more intense, or more skilled than any other single form of paintball.

For the record, yes, I have tried pump play. I, at one point, owned both a hammer 2 and a razorback...I believe it was. Not sure about the second one. I hated them. hated the play style, hated the guns, hated it all. I think one was gutted and never re-assembled, and the other, IDK what happened to it (and don't honestly much care, either).

The thing about firepower is that it acts to slow things down. When it isn't guaranteed that you'll be lit up if you run out to create a game breaking move, game breaking moves happen more often. If you have two teams of campers who won't take risks, it doesn't matter what guns they have.

#47 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 20 September 2008 - 02:18 PM

View Postrussc, on Sep 19 2008, 11:08 PM, said:

View PostEthrealwolf, on Sep 19 2008, 03:44 PM, said:

View Postrussc, on Sep 19 2008, 11:24 AM, said:

TRad, one of the main reasons I try and get other people to play pump is because it makes the game overall better. If you want to stomp the rec field, a speedball gun is absolutely the best way to go and make yourself a douchebag winner. The more people using pumps, the more fun everyone has. Don't believe me? Try checking out a pump only day. Even if you don't have a pump, you can show up and there will be people willing to lend out their guns - since pump players don't spend as much on paint, we get to buy 10x more guns.

No. I, for one, can't stand pump play. it's slow, it's boring, and I find it to be pointless. This is exactly indicative of the attitude we hate- there are more than a few people in this world who don't have more fun playing pump games. It dosen't make the game 'overall' better, I've run into more than one douchebag pump player who will happily lord over you as a semi player that he shot you out, but when you shoot him out, he blames equipment difference (do it on a consistent basis, and he'll even make sure to loudly accuse you of cheating) I've seen pump 'speed' ball games that lasted twenty minutes because no one moved. Pump play is like any other style of paintball- it's just a different take on the game we all know and love. it is not inherently better, faster, more intense, or more skilled than any other single form of paintball.

For the record, yes, I have tried pump play. I, at one point, owned both a hammer 2 and a razorback...I believe it was. Not sure about the second one. I hated them. hated the play style, hated the guns, hated it all. I think one was gutted and never re-assembled, and the other, IDK what happened to it (and don't honestly much care, either).

The thing about firepower is that it acts to slow things down. When it isn't guaranteed that you'll be lit up if you run out to create a game breaking move, game breaking moves happen more often. If you have two teams of campers who won't take risks, it doesn't matter what guns they have.

While that may be true and all, it still dosen't make the statement "The more people using pumps, the more fun everyone has. " true.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#48 User is offline   Infamous_51 

• official rock and roll clown
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2008 - 03:09 PM

Its funny how everyone says pump players think they are gods...most will say they suck...I know I do. I play pump to have fun, semi if its serious.

(Go sig yourself) Maybe I will...Maybe I will..........-Epic_fail

#49 User is offline   TRad 

• Ultimate...paintball...guy
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TRad

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:13 PM

View PostInfamous_51, on Sep 20 2008, 05:09 PM, said:

Its funny how everyone says pump players think they are gods...most will say they suck...I know I do. I play pump to have fun, semi if its serious.

Preciate you saying that. cause most people I play with are that way, but I just want to say that voky, t-freak, and coco played pump with me today, and I didn't detect any attitude at all so props to you guys, keep up the good work, y'all are AWESOME to play with.
I am a christian paintballer!
Alabamian #2
_My feedback_ _My eBay feedback_

#50 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:43 PM

When I'm with new players I just say I'm 'ok' if they ask me. Although, I have to admit, when I come across a wiping, playing-on, overall not-nice-person I will and I get happy and something might slim out, like "Owned!" or "Yes!". But, usually I try to keep my cool even though I get really happy after any elimination. :dodgy: However, I think a lot of pumpers are getting the old speedball stereotype when *most* of us are good guys.
a.k.a. old_school_player (techpb), paintsoldier (MCB), paintsoldier8 (PbN)

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users