• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

From T8 - 8.1 Wanting to convert Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   motherboard1 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:47 AM

Hi. Iv had My T8 for a couple years now and I was thinking about converting to 8.1

Does any body have info on converting my T8 and 4 x mags to 8.1 ?

Is it cost effective ?

Where can I get the parts ?

What are the differences between a converted T8 mag, or an all new T8.1 mag?

Thanks anyone.

#2 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

The best idea I have of converting is to contact Tiberius via email through their website or by phone. They will give you the necessary information.

The older mags like you and I have are no longer made. They new ones are acceptable in all T8/T9 models and include the quick release instead of the screw-in pin. They use both first strike and regular paintballs as well. I'm sure if you can contact Tiberius and ask them about trading in your magazines they can cut you some kind of deal. Maybe not mag for mag exchange, but maybe a discount on the new magazines.

As for cost, I believe a conversion kit might run you up close to 140-150, based on what SO offered awhile back. Then again, they included a tube of First strike rounds. You will need a new spring, bolt, and a new set of magazines I think.

Parts are on websites scattered around, i wouldn't trust too many of them, so again, i would contact Tiberius Arms directly.

So.. probably head you up to the 200 dollar range now would be my guess if you can cut a deal for the new mags. If not, it's really hard to say how much. I got the same problem as you.. Got the old mags, would like to convert, I just don't have that kind of money to toss around. I wish I did.

did I die for a second there?...

#3 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

easiest thing to do is look for a used tac 8.1 on here..

i got one with 1 fs round mag and 2 regular mags.. now that doesnt help you with the 2 regular mags.. but i paid $200 shipped...
then since i bought a sa-8 ... tiberius took it back and gave me 3 - fs mags for it... so now im sportin 4 fs mags and 2 regular....
getting ready to order my specops vest and go play in 3 weeks... CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#4 User is offline   motherboard1 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:47 AM

View PostTeleFragger, on Apr 10 2010, 01:56 PM, said:

easiest thing to do is look for a used tac 8.1 on here..

i got one with 1 fs round mag and 2 regular mags.. now that doesnt help you with the 2 regular mags.. but i paid $200 shipped...
then since i bought a sa-8 ... tiberius took it back and gave me 3 - fs mags for it... so now im sportin 4 fs mags and 2 regular....
getting ready to order my specops vest and go play in 3 weeks... CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Out of curiosity, what is the SA-8 ?

Also. what are the FS mags like? are they all metal construction? They look like it in pictures Iv seen and so I wonder about ejecting them onto the ground without worrying about breaking the bottom of the mag onto a rock. I know I wouldnt try it with my 8.0 mags

Oh and I see they dropped the counter at the bottom of the mag, boooooh !
I would have a hard time keeping track without that thing. Even if I did have to take the spring screws out and shorten them down on my mag to keep it from slipping.

This post has been edited by motherboard1: 11 April 2010 - 01:31 PM

#5 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

• Squad Marksman
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

DO NOT BUY AN SA-8.
These are the LAW ENFORCEMENT model. They are made to shoot way above field legal velocity and are DANGEROUS.

Theres almost zero point in spending the money to convert your T8. A new T8.1 is around 200US instead of spending the 140-150 for a conversion kit.
Then you can run dual pistols with one being First Strike capable (or you can sell your old T8).
The old mags do not work on the T8.1 unless you modify them. There is a thread somewhere on the forum that shows you how. The new mags have a new quick punture kit that comes with them, they are made of aluminum and about 40% lighter.

Just as a heads up:
1. T8.1 cannot use the old mags without modding them.
2. T8.1 uses new rubber detents.
3. T8.1 can shoot regular paint and First Strike rounds stock.
4. T8.1 has a new barrel insert system thing. It cannot use the t8 or t9 barrels (Lapco is going to release their STR8 Shot barrel for the T8.1 soon)
5. New mags are aluminum, 40% lighter, and come with a new quick puncture system.
6. There's a few more little things I'm forgetting such as using a remote line with a T8.1.

This post has been edited by Wh0pp3r: 11 April 2010 - 01:49 PM

-Vinny
T9 Longbow

#6 User is offline   TeleFragger 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

View PostWh0pp3r, on Apr 11 2010, 04:47 PM, said:

6. There's a few more little things I'm forgetting such as using a remote line with a T8.1.

HAH now how did you forget to say it if you said it... the remote line.. HAHAHHAHAHAA....

yeah i had the sa-8 as it was$100.... but for law enforcement and many of us bought them for PB.. but tiberius said they are not safe..
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB

#7 User is offline   scooby doo 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:machine gun expert

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:15 AM

View PostWh0pp3r, on Apr 11 2010, 03:47 PM, said:

DO NOT BUY AN SA-8.
These are the LAW ENFORCEMENT model. They are made to shoot way above field legal velocity and are DANGEROUS.

Theres almost zero point in spending the money to convert your T8. A new T8.1 is around 200US instead of spending the 140-150 for a conversion kit.
Then you can run dual pistols with one being First Strike capable (or you can sell your old T8).
The old mags do not work on the T8.1 unless you modify them. There is a thread somewhere on the forum that shows you how. The new mags have a new quick punture kit that comes with them, they are made of aluminum and about 40% lighter.

Just as a heads up:
4. T8.1 has a new barrel insert system thing. It cannot use the t8 or t9 barrels (Lapco is going to release their STR8 Shot barrel for the T8.1 soon)
5. New mags are aluminum, 40% lighter, and come with a new quick puncture system.

no, sa-8's can be crono'd down to below 300fps. they just come stock from the factory shooting 400ish.

#8 User is offline   motherboard1 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:42 AM

Well. I want to run 4 FS mags or I wouldnt be bothered with the upgrade, so that automatically puts me back about $170 - $200 ? Im guessing. Unfortunately Iv got no real interest in running 2 pistols.

I also wish there was a way to keep my shot counter :tup:

This post has been edited by motherboard1: 12 April 2010 - 08:43 AM

#9 User is offline   Wh0pp3r 

• Squad Marksman
  • PipPip

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

View PostTeleFragger, on Apr 11 2010, 05:51 PM, said:

View PostWh0pp3r, on Apr 11 2010, 04:47 PM, said:

HAH now how did you forget to say it if you said it... the remote line.. HAHAHHAHAHAA....

yeah i had the sa-8 as it was$100.... but for law enforcement and many of us bought them for PB.. but tiberius said they are not safe..

I mean that they are planning to release an adaptor so that you can run a remote line straight to the reciever block instead of running it through just one mag. Allowing for the use of multiple mags with a remote line. =.=

View Postscooby doo, on Apr 12 2010, 09:15 AM, said:

no, sa-8's can be crono'd down to below 300fps. they just come stock from the factory shooting 400ish.

Yes, but they also lack some of the safety features of T8 such as the relief valve.
-Vinny
T9 Longbow

#10 User is offline   Mudbucket 

• Shigiddywhat?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mudbucket

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:17 PM

DO NOT BUY AN SA-8.

Just as a heads up:

The Lapco barrel that you mentioned is already out. The only thing is that its 9 inches long.
http://www.lapcopaintball.com/store/produc...products_id=533
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result.” - Sir Winston Churchill

“Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever. ” - Baron Munchausen

#11 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

View PostMudbucket, on Apr 13 2010, 11:17 PM, said:

DO NOT BUY AN SA-8.

Just as a heads up:

The Lapco barrel that you mentioned is already out. The only thing is that its 9 inches long.
http://www.lapcopaintball.com/store/produc...products_id=533

That's not the correct barrel. That is for a T8/9. The T8.1/9.1 use a slightly different barrel and they are NOT interchangeable.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users