Special Ops Paintball: What Defines A Hammer Paintball Gun - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Defines A Hammer Paintball Gun Rate Topic: -----

Poll: What Defines A Hammer Paintball Gun (32 member(s) have cast votes)

barrels

1. 1 (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

2. 2 (28 votes [87.50%])

Percentage of vote: 87.50%

3. 3+ (1 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

markers

1. 1 (7 votes [21.88%])

Percentage of vote: 21.88%

2. 2+ (25 votes [78.12%])

Percentage of vote: 78.12%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Lament

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:41 AM

View Postbetasniper, on Aug 31 2008, 11:24 AM, said:

so if it is multiple markers that define a hammer, then gatling guns dont count?

No, as even though it has multiple barrels, it is still only one gun, or marker. I guessing, to be a true Hammer set up, it must be two separate markers that are placed on a frame work that holds them both together. Now I am not totally positive about this, but I believe that it also must have some kind of firing system that allows one, then the other, to fire. It may still be technically okay to have both markers fire at the same time, but it may not be totally field legal. If another Hammer wishes to correct me on this, please do so.

View Postlardlad, on Aug 31 2008, 01:23 PM, said:

Gatlin guns are too heavy to use.

Not entirely true. Granted, do their weight, it may not be possible to use for a long period of time, at least in a man portable sense. But they can be used, and are not as heavy as say a 1:1 scale reproduction 105 mm cannon.

Shooting like there is no tomorrow. For all we know, there is no tomorrow.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#17 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:01 PM

i thought weight was wat made it a hammer gun

View PostCustom Cowboy, on Jun 30 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

Don't tell anyone I said this, but the reason a hammer gun is a hammer gun is pure weight. If its heavy enough to actually be used as a hammer and can effectively knock out an 1,800 bull with one swing, its good enough to be a hammer.
Now you know our secret.

View PostLament, on Sep 1 2008, 12:41 AM, said:

View Postbetasniper, on Aug 31 2008, 11:24 AM, said:

so if it is multiple markers that define a hammer, then gatling guns dont count?

No, as even though it has multiple barrels, it is still only one gun, or marker. I guessing, to be a true Hammer set up, it must be two separate markers that are placed on a frame work that holds them both together. Now I am not totally positive about this, but I believe that it also must have some kind of firing system that allows one, then the other, to fire. It may still be technically okay to have both markers fire at the same time, but it may not be totally field legal. If another Hammer wishes to correct me on this, please do so.

Not entirely true. Granted, do their weight, it may not be possible to use for a long period of time, at least in a man portable sense. But they can be used, and are not as heavy as say a 1:1 scale reproduction 105 mm cannon.

but i guess it has to be multiple markers to be a hammer
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#18 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:55 AM

if two markers need two hoppers to be called a hammer, then if one marker has two hoppers, is it called a hammer b/c it can lay the same paint as a hammer?

This post has been edited by betasniper: 05 September 2008 - 02:40 PM

Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#19 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lament

Posted 07 September 2008 - 10:02 PM

In my debate a couple of years ago, I did not bring up your point, but think about this, if you have an Ion with a custom feedneck that allows you to attach two HALO hoppers, you will only pretty much be able to shoot as fast as the marker allows, but basically have twice the amount of paint that a normal Ion with one feedneck would have. With a Double Trouble type of set up, each marker is shooting, first one, then the other. Without modification, I believe that the 1st Generation Ions were shooting about 17 BPS or so. With a DT set up, using a Firestorm crank, I have seen that typically, they are shooting about 24 BPS, 12 BPS per marker, up to about 30 BPS, 15 BPS per marker. So partially, it is about volume, and partially, it's about two trails of paintballs being spit out from the same spot to cover the target. And keep in mind, I have seen some hoppers out there for A-5's that are used on DT's that hold about 500 paintballs each. That is 1,000 paintballs shooting at 24 BPS.

Shooting like there is no tomorrow. For all we know, there is no tomorrow.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#20 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 10 September 2008 - 04:59 PM

^^^ and like nelly, i got 2 pair.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#21 User is offline   Sheriff Matt 

• GI Matt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sheriff_Matt

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:50 PM

Seems like this one never ends...but, the way I see it, and always thought of it, is that in order for your Marker setup to be considered a hammer setup it needs to have at least two barrels and the ability to keep a sustainable high rate of fire for longer than 15-20 seconds. It doesn't matter if it's "one marker" like the nasty's or if it's two markers bolted together like the double trouble. That's at least how I see it.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users