Special Ops Paintball: The first Paintball Mecha has arrived! - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The first Paintball Mecha has arrived! Construction has begun, will end by nov. 15th. Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:23 PM

I've heard of Mobile Infantry, but this sounds more like it's going to be the Immobile Infantry.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#47 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:09 PM

Not to hate on your Idea or anything but you need to at least meet me halfway here on thinking this is fake. You say possible upgrades would be four pogo sticks on the shoes. And a more recent post of something about laser guided laws. Im trusting you as of know that its real but aside the fact how would such a project and expensive suit be realistically marketed? If thats not your goal then what field would have the insurance capabilities looking past the fact that they would reject you for other obvious purposes. In any form I'm pulling for you guys I think it would be awesome to see and a fearful sight to be seen on the opposing force.
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#48 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:44 PM

View Postsipbgod94, on Oct 16 2008, 07:09 PM, said:

Not to hate on your Idea or anything but you need to at least meet me halfway here on thinking this is fake. You say possible upgrades would be four pogo sticks on the shoes. And a more recent post of something about laser guided laws. Im trusting you as of know that its real but aside the fact how would such a project and expensive suit be realistically marketed? If thats not your goal then what field would have the insurance capabilities looking past the fact that they would reject you for other obvious purposes. In any form I'm pulling for you guys I think it would be awesome to see and a fearful sight to be seen on the opposing force.

I don't think he's looking to market it. I think this is more of a paintball tank but infinatley cooler type deal.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#49 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:48 PM

Oklahoma D-Day would never allow this to be used in play because it's unsafe.

#50 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:57 PM

View PostDigitalPirate, on Oct 16 2008, 07:48 PM, said:

Oklahoma D-Day would never allow this to be used in play because it's unsafe.

I think the awesome factor would overcome th unsafe factor. :dodgy:

actually, no, i kinda wanna know why people think it'd be more unsafe than a normal PAV?

other than having to disable or rework the Nerf LAWS he'd be fine, i think.

#51 User is offline   C Unit 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:C Unit

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

View PostIron__Man, on Oct 6 2008, 11:35 AM, said:

details remain classified until the unveiling, but construction and testing of the first ever paintball mechanized suit had begun. it will look like a mix between a mad cat mech, and ed 209 from robocop. is will start off being equipped with a double trouble, 8 rocket launchers, and possibly an f8 as a secondary marker system. it will be EQUIPPED FOR NIGHT TIME OPERATIONS with (2) 15,000,000 candle power spotlights, and possible infra red nightvision (which i already own).
the system incorporates a large ammo drum on top of the shoulders with tubes running down the front of the chassis to feed the DT, which is powered by a scuba tank. the total possible ammo load is looking to be around 3-4 cases at a time. the rocket launchers will be divided in half, and each group will have a single shot feature. therefore i can have 8 law shots, not 2 of 4 rockets a piece. the mech is meant to be counted as a pug, as both the pilot and chassis will be extremely heavily armed and armored. as for the actual chassis, the frame itself is made from different combinations of re inforced tubing, as well as a special armored plating specifically light enough to use on this project, but also strong enough to stop the standard .68 caliber rounds. the size of this thing will be roughly the equivalent of mine plus about half a minicooper.

later additions (after initial operation and testing) include but are not limited to-

firepower upgrade- either to quadzilla, trident, minigun, or with heavy arm modification, the dreaded 8 A-5 setup.

mobility upgrades- may include but are not limited to spring dampened legs (we plan to attach 4 pogosticks to act as "moon shoes" on each foot, which could possibly increase top speed on foot to more than a running human)

elecrical upgrades- may include a battery powered radio, ammo level sensors, battery meters, a helmet integrated cooling system for the pilot, and possibly a zoom/targeting hud made from camera parts.

this is not a hoax, a joke, or some pipe dream. so if you've come to talk crap and tell me how stupid.overdone/useless it is, you can go somewhere else and save the post. ITS COMIN HATERS, EAT IT!

the unveiling is scheduled for november 15th at a field in zolfo springs florida where my team will be making its debut as the generaling force for the human side.

i, the pilot, will be extremely armored, and armed. the suit will be put to the test, and so will I. i hope anyone who can make it tries to, so they can witness the 22nd century in action!!!

That is way to cool! Everything is great about it! I want pictures soon!
C-Unit, Team Blue Devils
"Be brave, a feint heart never won the day"

#52 User is offline   C Unit 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:C Unit

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:18 PM

This video clip is really high tech but iron man's idea can be a reality. Check out what the army is looking into. Here is the clip.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=n0X1vyWU6bw
C-Unit, Team Blue Devils
"Be brave, a feint heart never won the day"

#53 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 16 October 2008 - 08:19 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

This post has been edited by mtaylor: 16 October 2008 - 08:20 PM

<Insert Sig Here>

#54 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:23 PM

lol, i remember that whiteboard.

well, this isnt a hoak, and its actually alot safer than a regular pug in alot of respects.

1. i have a roll cage that i'll be strapped into, and everything in the cockpit is completely secured. from my waist up, i am impervious to paintballs. for the waist down, i have the leg protectors that baseball catchers would wear, and built in groin and seat protection on the frame.

2. all my air systems, ammo, and plumbing will be covered, so if i did roll over, it wouldnt hurt anything, as its in a roll cage of its own.

3. alot of you who are talking about immobility forget i will have automotive actuators on the legs, allowing me to move more weight without more strength from me. hence why the reversed knee legs are so important to the design.

4. i could disable the launchers by not even having them hooked up to the air tank.

5. the main gun is a double trouble. field legal everywhere. the f8 is aslo legal, as for some of its modes, that depends ont he field.

6. the laser range finder is simple, and probably a good idea for anyone who owns a law. why other people havent thunk it up before is a mystery to me.

7. the pogo sticks are actually very simple. and theyre not heavy when u have actuators helping you, not to mention if you're not supporting all the weight of everything else. and once you get forward motion, did everyone forget how a pogo stick likes to keep going? granted the actual movement might look more like the astronauts hopping on the moon, but did you notice the air time?

you guys, its not that im crazy, or obsessive, im just putting into reality what everyone else only thinks about, but isnt willing to work out and make happen. im just coming at it from angles that have to be explained. this whole project, of just this working prototype and everything i can currently put on it, is probably close to the 3-4 grand mark. but i already have half or so of that invested in the weapons already. the rest is movement and strength, and speed.

i already own the frame, DT, the lights, the law rockets, the main air tank, and if the SCBA fails, i have a 20lb co2 sittin at home. ive alreayd proved im strong enough to move it... hell, i have pictures on my brigade page that say most are girly men by comparison, if you wanna go into the endurance factor. besides, who else has their own paintball mech? what do you use for a pug? a box with screen and holes?

This post has been edited by Iron__Man: 16 October 2008 - 09:26 PM

Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#55 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:05 PM

all that aside, i still say you ougghta make the nerf rounds wire guided

#56 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:02 PM

I don't care if you're safe or not. What happens if it tips and lands on a group of guys?

#57 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:54 AM

didnt rules say that no matter what, players have to be AT LEAST 10-20 feet AWAY from the tank, regardless of what it is? (mecha, PAV, PUG, etc)
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#58 User is online   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:35 AM

you guys, its not that im crazy, or obsessive

Umm...yeah, you are. Youre building a paintball Mech for cryin' out loud..of course you're obsessed... :)

...and there's nothing wrong with that at all. :)
Cant wait to see the pics!

#59 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:26 AM

View PostCamoDeafie, on Oct 17 2008, 03:54 AM, said:

didnt rules say that no matter what, players have to be AT LEAST 10-20 feet AWAY from the tank, regardless of what it is? (mecha, PAV, PUG, etc)

You've obviously never been to D-Day, the only safe way to walk back to the DZ is to walk down a tank path. Therefore you literally have people almost surrounding the tanks.

Not to mention, when this thing is standing, it has less surface area at that time actually contacting the ground, when it falls, it will gain much much more surface area contacting the ground, thus a greater risk of injury.

#60 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:33 PM

well in that case it sounds to me like OK d day is in violation of their OWN insurance rules and policies. besides, this thing isnt nearly the size of a tank. imagine 1 fat guy giving another a piggyback ride. now add guns.

and even if i were to topple over, who says there'd be anyone around?

as for the whoe" when soemthing falls it gains contact surface area with the ground", dude, EVERYTHING DOES THAT when it FALLS OVER. except for a sphere, a square, and one or two other shapes.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users