Special Ops Paintball: Looking for Serious Team in Colorado - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking for Serious Team in Colorado Want to pitch a story to a local Rocky Mntn. Sports Magazine Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Editor 

• Editor
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Editor

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:14 PM

Hi guys!

I am interested in pitching an article about paintball to a magazine based in Colorado. I'm looking for a serious team in Colorado (woodsball preferred, but speedball is fine), that:

* Is serious about the sport
* is made up of mostly players in their teens to late 30s, who are in decent to excellent shape
* preferably competes in the SPPL
* can speak knowledgeably about established fields and games in the Rocky Mountain region.

Because this is a health/sports/lifestyle magazine, I don't want a bunch of heavyset older guys who play paintball mainly to drink beer and hang out. (Hey, I'm not being insulting, I just described many of my closer friends! LOL) It would be best if the team actually practices and runs drills, etc., but if not, as long as most of the team members are in good shape, that's good enough for me. :)

A 'fact-finding' interview will take about 30 minutes and can take place through e-mail. If I get the assignment, I'll probably need some good photos of your team and about an hour of your time on the phone.

So if you want a chance to be featured in a local sports pub, PM me with a link to your team's website and some info on why you fit the criteria.

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   Danger Dan 

• Team Desert Edge
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Danger Dan

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:24 PM

Dawn

I think the best 2 for you to look at are Band of Brothers and Dirt hogs. I have no idea how fit they are but those are the big CO 2. Black light company but they dont play SPPL.

#3 User is offline   WrathOfTheGods 

• WrathOfTheGods
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WrathOfTheGods

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:23 PM

I would say Band of Brothers, Get a hold of Lo, he seems to know all about the happenings out there.

#4 User is offline   gman 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:gman

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:13 PM

www.blacklightcompany.org - Check us out. We are quite active in the colorado paintball community, hosting many free painball events, and have participated and placed in the last 2 Band of Brothers hosted "tri wars" events run with a SPPL game format. We are also planning on an attending a major SPPL event this year. If we fit the profile that you are looking for, please feel free to contact us to set up and interview.

Thanks for the reference to our team.

STRIKE - BLACKLIGHT COMPANY

#5 User is offline   Carbide 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:54 AM

Dan, we haven't thrown down the gauntlet yet, so I'll do it now...

Blacklight will be in Utah for SPPL.
Founding Member of the MOTO Coalition - MOTO Callsign: Hopper
MOTO: Pointing out what you already knew since 2006
Also Known as Griffen

#6 User is offline   Danger Dan 

• Team Desert Edge
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:49 PM

AWESOME!! Make sure JackRock will be there so I can FINALLY shake his hand.

Black Light Company ROCKS!!!

#7 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:41 PM

Wow, thanks guys! Really appriciate it! Checks will be in the mail tommorow :P

I'm also not surprised to see that BLC and DirtHogs were suggested.. great teams both. The DirtHogs are a smaller and older team, but very talented players that definitly can make that impact in any game. And of course, BLC, great group of guys who make their presence felt all over the state.

Whichever way you go, Dawn, shoot me a message and I can get you in contact with the go-to people.

And I can't pass this opportunity up.. Dan... We were in good enough shape to beat some of your DEjr. runners to swing in Utah... (playing for US SOCOM).. ;) :laugh: We're trying to get JR out there.. we're trying.. haha

This post has been edited by Lomarandil: 09 March 2008 - 03:42 PM

#8 User is offline   BlackLight_skid 

• Skid
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Skid

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:56 PM

I think JR is out for the SPPL. I think he told me that there could be an allied invasion any day now.

Feel free to drop me a line if you need more information.
Skid

BlackLight Company Paintball CO & BlackLight Company Paintball Founding Member

#9 User is offline   Editor 

• Editor
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Editor

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:43 PM

View PostBlackLight_skid, on Mar 9 2008, 11:56 PM, said:

I think JR is out for the SPPL. I think he told me that there could be an allied invasion any day now.

Feel free to drop me a line if you need more information.

Thanks so much everyone for the suggestions! I am, in all likelihood, going to go with Band of Brothers, as they fit all the credentials...now just to hope the magazine I'm pitching wants to buy the article! LOL If it takes the angle I want (it's more than a team profile, but an overview of the sport in the state) it will be great publicity for Colorado paintball across the board. Lo and I spoke today and I have enough information to pitch it. I'll keep everyone posted.
Dawn

#10 User is offline   Danger Dan 

• Team Desert Edge
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:25 PM

View PostLomarandil, on Mar 9 2008, 04:41 PM, said:

And I can't pass this opportunity up.. Dan... We were in good enough shape to beat some of your DEjr. runners to swing in Utah... (playing for US SOCOM).. :D :) We're trying to get JR out there.. we're trying.. haha

You guys were awesome. I have no doubt that you can hang with any team out there so Jr or not you guys are awesome!

Hope to see you guys in UT this year.

This post has been edited by Danger Dan: 10 March 2008 - 05:26 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users