• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New to the game any suggestions? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Primus_Raven 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:17 AM

I just recently got started in Woodsball, I have played a few outlaw matches but nothing at a park yet. A few friends got me into it and we decided to start a team. Our first problem was Animosity. We have all known each other for a long time but there is alot of bickering, especially among the 2 bothers. To nip this problem in the bud they voted me as SC, witch i have no problem with.

But being wet behind the ears I could use all the help from any other SC out there to get everyone moving smoothly. Any tips on some drills we could run, gear i should pic up, or mods i should buy would be wonderful as well.

My current gear is as follows.

Gear:
Tippman A-5 (fresh out of the box)
2 8onc. cans of Co2
Helmet with thermal lens (brand name escapes me at the moment)
2 squad blusters

Apparel:
Cammo shorts
Black t-shirt
pair of Etnies

Anyone in the central New York Area I look forward to playing a game with you.
Thanks-Raven

PS: sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum

#2 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:19 AM

Read all the pinned topics you can find.

Check out my sig for many many many many helpful links...everything is clickable in my sig...even the images!

-Tenacious

#3 User is offline   Primus_Raven 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:25 AM

All right ill look around then.

#4 User is offline   sneakycanuk 

• Delta One
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Delta One

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:14 PM

First- Get to know the game and the 'proper name' for everything. The smarter you sound, the more people will listen to you.
Second- ALWAYS come to practices prepared with ideas. It really beats sitting around and trying to think of things on the spot.
Third- Get cool, military-sounding names for stuff. If you get used to it, it feels cool and scares the bejesus out of other teams. eg. On my team I am a Sniper, and being the only one in Delta Squad I am called 'Delta One', our commander and his two body-guards/base defenders are called Command, and we have a squad of two, Alpha, (with Alpha One and Alpha Two) and of four, Bravo (with Bravo One, Two etc.)
Fourth- Don't take crap from anyone on your team, ever. And never let someone talk down about someone else if they screw up. You can help them get better by talking to them, but try your best not to be overly-critical. Try to focus on what they can try to get better at, instead of what they did wrong.
Fifth-Don't make your drills or manuvers overly complicated. Finding a balance between simplicity and originality is your best bet. And continue to experiment with new ideas, instead of always using the tried and true (I am not telling you to never use effective strategies that you have tried before, just make sure you don't over-use them to the point that when they fall apart, your team mates are unsure of what to do)

Hope that helps.
If you can see me, I can see you. If you can't see me, you are about to be eliminated.

#5 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:53 PM

Sneaky covered a good some of it. Also just don't get too stressed out in a game, if your in game its o.k. to yell when you need to, like today I was the only one to move up while our opponents reloaded so I was a little unhappy, just don't blow your top. Welcome to the sport and the forums!
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#6 User is offline   Dark Wolf 

• elite newb
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Wolf

Posted 12 August 2006 - 12:56 PM

keep a cool head make maps of fields u play at have ur men flank!!!! always a good idea. u yeah pm me if u want some other ideas.(cant think of any now)
look at me, I am an attention whore

#7 User is offline   Justin Connor 

• All Recruits Welcome!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Combat Connor

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:11 PM

I would upgrade to HPA, get a good barrel, and maybe a vest if you plan on playing in any scenario games.

Read some of the Field Intelligence Articles they are good.
Sabre - If We Can't Do It, It Doesn't Need To Be Done!

#8 User is offline   camper6000 

• Maximum Ownage
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PBsniper216

Posted 12 August 2006 - 09:29 PM

Hmmmm..... don't get shot.

But seriously do some reading and practice... alot. and when your done practicing, practice some more.
IPB Image
One Shot. One Kill.

"One on one in a duel to the finish, you either stand or fall alone, strictly on the merits of your skill, training and physical abilities. "

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users