Special Ops Paintball: Ok Got a Few Questions - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ok Got a Few Questions wondering how i should incorporate my vest with my ghillie suit Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   bonfire 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:bonfire

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:29 PM

ok yall so i went to make the top part of my ghillie suit and I found out that I ran into and interesting predicament. I have a few vest that resembles a medium rifleman vest. So I was wondering if anyone has had this issue or has an idea of a way to get around it. I want to use my ghillie suit but I also want to be able to get to the pod holders in my vest with decent ease

#2 User is offline   Prophaniti 

• Just not in front of the kids...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Prophaniti

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:25 AM

If you're using Action ghillie...it's a simple matter of leaving the back of your shirt bare and zip-tying bits and pieces of the AG material to your vest. I did this with mine and it works flawlessly. Only problem I've had is with the remote coils getting tangled in the AG material. It gets rather annoying. I'm buying one of the remote coil sleeves to see if that'll help prevent tangles.

If you're using a jute/burlap sort...I haven't the foggiest idea. I'm not brave enough to risk a heat stroke and that sort of material here in Tennessee would certainly have me passed out on the field in a half hour.

#3 User is offline   B.S. Rastamon 

• Da Pizza making Sniper m on
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DABENZ

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:51 AM

what i did to get out of this problem i got a Redz 2+1 pod it small and straps to the side of your leg. its tight enough so i can run as fast i can to get ahead and hide. theres two pods plus my hopper is more then enough ammo for one part of the game. the other stuff you need can be put in pockets. but if you need another idea you can try to make pockets inside the ghillie suit, the military snipers take BDUs or one piece aviators flip them inside out to protect the contents to make ghillie suits. i have my sources

I like cookies

#4 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:00 PM

Are you making the ghillie or is it already there? either way if the ghillie is only attatched at the seams you can cut holes for the straps to go and unsew the bottom of the ghillie from the base bdu or what ever and then you can slide the back of the vest up and in and reattatch the front of the vest to the back. It's what I do and it works fine.

edit: I'll try to get pics up, later.

This post has been edited by Phobeus: 26 June 2008 - 12:01 PM

#5 User is offline   bonfire 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bonfire

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:27 AM

ok so i am in the process of makin it i was just needing suggestions for how to use it but still be able to wear my full vest

#6 User is offline   andrew h 

• death is on the wind...
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*shadow*

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:35 AM

i would personaly ghillie the vest. or go with a pod pack that goes on your leg.
so a bush shot you?...
...fear the sniper

official sniper #23
play here! -> http://www.forestfirepb.com/

#7 User is offline   REBELS_PEACHZ 

• I have ADD, you wouldn't understand....LOOK A SQUIRREL!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:PEACHZ

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:36 PM

Nice to see someone else is having this problem too. I'm trying to figure it out as well. My idea was to get the recon or scout vest in addition to my sabre. Only because they are fairly inexpensive and have a mesh back and sides. I figured it would be worth the investment and time to be able to tie AG material right into the vest and still have the function of a vest. Figured buy the vest, density upgrade kit and probably a remote line sleeve. That's kinda my direction. Still have to put that one to work. Any progress with yours?
Official Sabre #75 If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Christian Paintballer
Tippmann Owner's Club #112

#8 User is offline   GhillieMonstar 

• The kid with a ghillie
  • PipPip

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:33 PM

Yea the vest would be kinda hard to hide under the ghillie.

#9 User is offline   cRosSfIR3 

• Ben G
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CROSSFIR3

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:41 PM

I am using my AG density upgrade leaf to sew or tie onto my vest. and painting my pods wouldnt be a bad idea...
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
"Nobody has to be a hero...it just sometimes turns out that way"
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users