• You cannot reply to this topic

MULTICAM Camo Ghillie Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Alex Spartan 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Alex Spartan

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:51 PM

Hey Guys, I thought it is worth it to buy Multicam and I was deciding on making a simple Multicam ghillie poncho.
But I'm not sure What colors and materials to use.

I was thinking the Special ops Vinyl leaves or Jute. And for the colors I'm not sure, So I would like your help guys.

#2 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:37 PM

View PostAlex Spartan, on 09 February 2011 - 04:51 PM, said:

Hey Guys, I thought it is worth it to buy Multicam and I was deciding on making a simple Multicam ghillie poncho.
But I'm not sure What colors and materials to use.

I was thinking the Special ops Vinyl leaves or Jute. And for the colors I'm not sure, So I would like your help guys.

There's genuinely alot of khaki colors, tan, light variations of olive drab to weed green and brown as well.
To begin, I say (as I'm observing my multicam, and a pair of bdu) majority of the camo is a slighty more darker khaki than tan, and light faded lime/or olive, as opposed to woodland colors in larger black, brown, green and tan, portions of colors.

Multicam is a 7 color camouflage

Woodland is a 3 color excluding black as it is considered a deprivation of colors

Multicam
Posted Image

Woodland
Posted Image

the difference while maybe the use of lighter shades of previous colors, is also the obviously less smaller portions of colors used in a group.
IMO I've observed that multicam does not utilize as much dark brown, or as much light tan, heavily focused on the median of both colors in the
same as the shades and fades of green, no lush colors

I'd opt for a good pair of multicam wear, or a piece of it, to atleast have in your hand to experience, and observe it yourself
and in the case of ghillie pancho , avoid black period, and start on a khaki and faded lime/olive foundation

Posted Image

Our team has used jute in our ghillies and it has served us Very well

This post has been edited by DZ Unit-1: 09 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#3 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:47 AM

Hey Alex, good choice using Multicam. I love the stuff as it works very well where I play.

Here's a link to a topic in the painting sub-forum that explains the individual colors & the layering effect, may help you as you build up your suit. This member did a great job of color analysis & breaking the pattern down.

I will say that ghillies should be built for your specific area, not to match the clothes you're wearing. As good as MC is, a suit built on those colors isn't going to work very well in a pine forest. At the same time, ghillies are often times constructed for specific seasons as well. But, since you are from Florida you wouldn't see the extreme changes that many other areas of the country do... lucky :D.

Good luck w/ the build & post up pics when you finish.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users