Special Ops Paintball: Which SP Marker Good for beginner? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Which SP Marker Good for beginner? Need an easy to use marker that is CO2 friendly

#16 User is offline   Rathje 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Rathje

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:33 AM

Well, sort of.

Actually, I had a functioning MR-1. I didn't like it much, but it was shooting, and I just couldn't justify upgrading - especially when there was other stuff I wanted to get (like a Halo Too loader, paintball pants and clothing, new mask lens, Trracer pump gun for pump games with my group, and mostly ammo). And finally I've started saving up money for a new gun.

But now Smart Parts has gone under and Azodin looks like a better brand. What's more, I've kind of said "screw-it" on the new gun idea and decided to get a used classic Automag instead. I don't need top of the line features anyway. I play more dagger style, with mobility and only a few shots at a time. I don't need really fast rate of fire. I just want a gun that works reliably. So Automag it is.

After that, I figure I'll grab an HPA tank, and start working on a project I've got planned to convert one of those new BT SA-17 pistols into a sniper rifle that shoots First Strike rounds. Mostly for scenario games were there are enough people to make use of an effective 100 yard range on a paintball gun.

After that, who knows? Maybe an Invert Mini if they're still around at the time.

Thanks for the help though guys. It was quite useful back when I was thinking about this.

#17 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:35 AM

Mags are beasts. Once you get HPA ditch the classic valve and toss an X valve on there and it will be glorious. Just can't use co2 in it anymore once you do that.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#18 User is offline   Rathje 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rathje

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:38 AM

Can you upgrade the bolt on a classic? I thought you could only upgrade other types of mags like the RT, or EMag, but with the classic were pretty-much stuck with whatever it came with. Am I wrong?

#19 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:44 AM

i only owned one mag, taht hated me...so i am not too sure on classics. I know my friends with RT mags could upgrade anything. Not 100% sure on classics. I'd love to own a classic valve, zgrip, and whatever body/rail combo to make a pump mag out of it that can use 12 grams.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#20 User is offline   naughty_dogs 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 August 2010 - 01:24 AM

true lol that and i have been wanting to get the vibe and been reading up on it lol!! but its worth a shot and to anyone who is stuck on deciding what SP gun to get lol
Wanted: Smart Parts Vibe!!

#21 User is offline   MovesLikeaShadow 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MovesLikeaShadow

Posted 05 October 2010 - 01:36 PM

Been an ion owner and builder for years and luv'em.
Own 3 at the moment.

Light, highly upgradeable, quiet and simple design.

Used ones can be bought for 100 bucks off eBay.
As long as you check eBay ratings you would be fine.

They can run on co2 if you take steps like installing an anti-siphon in a tank or run remote.

Parts generally don't wear out like some guns, and there are tons of how tos and videos on maintenance.

This post has been edited by MovesLikeaShadow: 05 October 2010 - 01:38 PM

We are shadows; everywhere yet nowhere to be seen.
As we strike with the force of nature's maelstrom, the wrath we have wrought upon the face of our enemies is witnessed as we fade away into the veil of shadow once more.

#22 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 October 2010 - 02:43 PM

Now granted, it may be a while before the OP reads this, but I'll post my thoughts anyways as another forum member may find it useful.

Funny, I was reading Rathje's initial post & I was thinking to myself "This guy should get a Mag"... lo and behold you did. If a player wants a tight, solid, dependable marker that runs on CO2 but doesn't need to sling a crap-ton of paint then a classic valved mag is perfect. Actually, I used my classic mag at the last scenario & slung over 1,400 rounds in 7 hours of play without thinking about it... the trigger pull is considerably lighter than any other mechanical marker I've used making shooting faster when necessary much easier. I wont be walking the trigger on my Intelliframe, but I can still make the paint fly.

As for upgrading the bolt - absolutely. I had been using a lvl 7 on a classic, for about a year maybe, before getting a nice deal on an already setup classic valve w/ a lvl 10 already installed/tuned. The advantage, as you may know, is the lvl 10 refuses to chop paint. I had to clean my barrel every time I stopped while I was using the 7, but not once w/ all those rounds thru it w/ the 10, best... thing... ever. So go ahead & upgrade to the lvl 10, you won't be sorry.

No matter what I do in the future I will always have at least one Automag in my possession. Whether for primary or just a backup.

As far as electros are concerned - truthfully, save your money instead of buying anything considered "entry level" like an Anzodin or Vibe. They aren't bad markers as I've seen a fair amount of them in use, but eventually you're going to upgrade anyways & it's usually not worth the hassle of dealing w/ a low end electro in the mean time.

Just my two cents.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users