• You cannot reply to this topic

Late night; 11pm-7am With CptO and Legato. Rate Topic: ****- 2 Votes

#1246 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:18 AM

why are you out of PB? That sucks
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#1247 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:27 AM

View PostLegato, on Jan 27 2009, 02:18 AM, said:

why are you out of PB? That sucks

not having fun with it, i guess. Might give airsoft a try out, not sure.

It's kind of crazy too. for the price I paid for my intimidator, I could buy what everyone says is a solid airsoft gun and like, a bamillion BBs. those BBs are cheap little buggers, it's nuts.

This post has been edited by Ethrealwolf: 27 January 2009 - 04:27 AM

We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#1248 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

Eth, sell some of it. Keep your favorites. I am on a hiatus. But I wont sell my favorite gear. I know that I will play again. I am in the same boat... not that fun anymore. If I get a GOOD group together, I enjoy myself. Then it is worth my time.

Just sell bits and pieces, but keep that money in your 'toy' fund if you can afford to. Makes it more entertaining that way. Any paintball items I sell, I try to keep that money for recreation.. if I can.

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#1249 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:22 PM

View PostFrontier_Bill, on Jan 27 2009, 05:11 PM, said:

Eth, sell some of it. Keep your favorites. I am on a hiatus. But I wont sell my favorite gear. I know that I will play again. I am in the same boat... not that fun anymore. If I get a GOOD group together, I enjoy myself. Then it is worth my time.

Just sell bits and pieces, but keep that money in your 'toy' fund if you can afford to. Makes it more entertaining that way. Any paintball items I sell, I try to keep that money for recreation.. if I can.

agreed. Many times when i have contemplated leaving the sport i have sold down many of my markers and just kept the core group that i will never part with.

Back for another night in the saddle again

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#1250 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

Bah. Something is wrong with my internet. I keep getting weird lag issues on BF2142 and then I will get booted via punkbuster. fatherless men.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#1251 User is offline   FIREMAN IV 

• Gun Shop
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

I was hacking your connection FB lol J/k
KEEP MORE OF THAT PAYCHECK-FAIRTAX-

"We @ Metadyne Think you have the coolest wife ever" Post-it note on Havac

#1252 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:29 AM

Haha punkbuster. I've read the EULA or whatever it's called. It's very invasive. That's only one reason I prefer console FPS, and other games, but that's mostly what I play--shooters. I like them since I find it much more comfortable to get on the couch and use the 360 controller. It's the most ergonomic controller I've ever used. I hate the dualshock design, it's too thin and stylized to me. Plus they are very secure, rarely crash, run very smoothly, and are a lot cheaper than a computer that can play games with those kind of graphics. Plus they dont go obsolete for about 5 years. In fact, the graphics get even better the older the hardware is. Basically developers learn to squeeze the most out of the console and a launch title doesn't look as good as one released 3 years later.

#1253 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:41 AM

Yeah. But you have a console. Not a computer. Can you do engineering homework involving solidworks, pro-e, and autoCAD2009? Nope. You certainly can't. And a controller is a FAR inferior interface for a FPS. No argument holds up there. You have a limited number of mappable keys, and a crappy interface with the games. I loathe controllers due to the lack of fine control.

Also... PS3 > 360. Graphics, power, controller, interface. Done deal. It is unfortunately more expensive...

#1254 User is offline   Archie21 

• hardcore paintballer
  • PipPip

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:46 AM

I have autocad09 homework i should be doing right now.
Team Brutal Anguish:
Taking the path of most resistance

Archie21's sale thread!! Everything must go!!

#1255 User is offline   RockFish 

• AKA Cpl McGuire AKA Corpy
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:RockFish

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:47 AM

I own both just because they both have their individual virtues and some really good games are system exclusive. I got the PS3 for Resistance (1/2) and God of War (1/2) and I got the 360 for Gears of War (1/2) and a variety of other games that are exclusive to each system. Personally I prefer the Xbox LIVE interface over Playstation's online but that is just personal preference. Like I said both very good systems but each provides a different gaming experience which is why the debate rages over which is better, the truth is that it's like comparing two different species of animal that are specialized for two completely different environments and trying to decide which is better. Oh and on a related note Frontier Bill, BF2142 is freakin' AWESOME!!!

This post has been edited by RockFish: 28 January 2009 - 12:48 AM

Edge Zero's one and only Corpy!
I'm neurotic, I need to see more people. I'm schizophrenic, I AM other people! - Veritech Squad

#1256 User is offline   82ndx 

• Facta Non Verba
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:82ndx

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:02 AM

I'm all for the xBox360. The PS3 has nothing on it. By no means am I trying to put down the PC, but console v. console, xBox wins overall in all categories.

#1257 User is offline   Eco506 

• Always watch your 6.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:LUZ

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:04 AM

I like the 360 but i would love to have a PS3 just because I :D SOCOM

This post has been edited by Eco506: 28 January 2009 - 01:05 AM

-PAINISTEMPORARYGLORYISFOREVERCHICKSDIGSCARSHOOAH!-
-Easy Company-506PIR-101st Airborne-
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
View My Special Ops Brigade Page

#1258 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:06 AM

View PostFrontier_Bill, on Jan 28 2009, 01:41 AM, said:

Yeah. But you have a console. Not a computer. Can you do engineering homework involving solidworks, pro-e, and autoCAD2009? Nope. You certainly can't. And a controller is a FAR inferior interface for a FPS. No argument holds up there. You have a limited number of mappable keys, and a crappy interface with the games. I loathe controllers due to the lack of fine control.

Also... PS3 > 360. Graphics, power, controller, interface. Done deal. It is unfortunately more expensive...

Lol. Do I have engineering hw? No. This computer is plenty powerful for me. However I love xbox live, with it's interface and services. My 360 also is what I use to watch TV, since it's a windows media extender and this computer has a TV tuner card and a 2nd 500GB HDD, so I use it's streaming function for live tv and I can pause, etc. My dad likes it for netflix streaming.

I'll admit, I had a lot of fun playing Halo PC after school back in the day. I just like the controller, it's more comfortable for me than a mouse and WASD. When everybody is using controllers, all you need is a little practice and an analog stick is a great way to control things. There are 19 total ways to input (2x analog sticks, 2x stick click, 4 way D-pad, 4x face buttons, 2x digital shoulder bumpers, 2x analog shoulder triggers, 3x interface buttons (start, back and xbox button)) Also, while it doesn't have the all buttons of a keyboard, the different types of inputs make up for it. The triggers have 256 levels of sensitivity. You can click the analog sticks. Many controllers have analog shoulder and face buttons, which allow you to press harder for more input. Really, for a shooter there is plenty of control. It's true that RTS games are not suited for the controller since they use a lot of different kinds of inputs for commands.

But I have to give whoever designed the 360 controller props. It's very ergonomic for me. It has great button placement. Mine also has a full qwerty keyboard with symbols and is backlit. It also supports voice chat and has a detachable rechargeable battery that can be charged while in use or separate recharger. It's wireless and has dual vibration motors that have different size masses for different feels. The battery life is pretty good too. I've been using the same one for 3 years and I've only had to replace the battery pack after it was worn out and the mic also.

And while I choose 360 over PS3 I am not a microsoft fanboy. I have a PS2 and I like many of the PlayStation games. However I bought the 360 since it came out a year earlier, has the halo trilogy, splinter cell, gears of war, xbox live and a few other games I really like. Plus it's still cheaper.

If I had the cash I'd get a PS3 too, partly for the BluRay, also socom, MGS, other games. It's all good fun. But still paintball has priority :D

This post has been edited by slowerpig81: 28 January 2009 - 01:10 AM

#1259 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:11 AM

Actually, no. The PS3 is a more capable, more robust system. And you can just use a USB cord to charge your $10 cheaper controllers thats are motion sensitive.

I have been having some weird issues with BF lately. Once again, it reset all of my damned settings. And I have a rather custom setup for some stuff. Special keys bound to still. Middle click is the same as number 3. Makes changing fire modes easy. Also... the "mouse resolution" sucks. You know, how the crosshair moves... but for some reason (maybe it is the balls deep awesome resolution I run... or sensitivity) I can't really fine-tune my aim. It skips by set increments. Frustrating. And my internet is goofy. It will say I have a ping of 50, then it will lag out of the server. Too many kids looking up pr0n in the dorms.

Heh. 360 controllers work on PC's seamlessly. I set up a friend's computer to use his wireless controller to play BF. He ended up switching to WADS and mouse due to the lack of inputs on the keyboard.

#1260 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 January 2009 - 01:13 AM

View PostFrontier_Bill, on Jan 28 2009, 02:11 AM, said:

Actually, no. The PS3 is a more capable, more robust system. And you can just use a USB cord to charge your $10 cheaper controllers thats are motion sensitive.

I have been having some weird issues with BF lately. Once again, it reset all of my damned settings. And I have a rather custom setup for some stuff. Special keys bound to still. Middle click is the same as number 3. Makes changing fire modes easy. Also... the "mouse resolution" sucks. You know, how the crosshair moves... but for some reason (maybe it is the balls deep awesome resolution I run... or sensitivity) I can't really fine-tune my aim. It skips by set increments. Frustrating. And my internet is goofy. It will say I have a ping of 50, then it will lag out of the server. Too many kids looking up pr0n in the dorms.

Heh. 360 controllers work on PC's seamlessly. I set up a friend's computer to use his wireless controller to play BF. He ended up switching to WADS and mouse due to the lack of inputs on the keyboard.

I do use a USB cord to charge my controller. At least it's long enough to use while playing. Plus when the battery wears out I just go buy another one for $11.

More robust? :D What does that mean? Both systems are pretty good for me. My 360 never crashes. It hasn't RRoD either in 3 years.

Share this topic:

• (117 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users