• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ghillie suits thinking about selling... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Teufel_Hunden 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 January 2009 - 05:55 AM

ive been thinking about making custom suits and selling them but i cant make up my mind. it takes alot of time and effort. these arent the cheap suits that you find just about everywhere online, these will cost you but they are worth every cent. ive been using the one i have now for 10 years and its had no rips yet. need feedback on this. do you think they would sell? they are the same as what the military uses. in fact, thats where i learned how to make them. would anyone here be interested? if so let me know.

i can make them out of flight suits, bdu's with or with out a hood. hood costs more.
w/suspenders or without
with padding on the front or without. with padding you get seabag
with seabag (waterproof duffelbag material) or without.
any type of camo
but different variations will change the price.
A Alcohol
T Tobacco
F Firearms
Who's bringing the chips?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sue the B.E.T for racism.

#2 User is offline   tosk15 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:tosk15

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

sounds sweet can you give us an estimate for the coast and also maybe some pictures of the one you been using but is sounds cool i would consider buying one always wanted a ghillie

#3 User is offline   Teufel_Hunden 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:27 PM

depends on the material used. type of cammies, pattern, hood or boonie, bdu's or flight suit. pattern of the cammies (yes some cost more) if i used multicam or marpat its gonna cost alittle more compaired to regular old woodland or od. do you want the whole thing with burlap like a bushrag or do you want what real snipers wear? padded chest/knees? let me know what you want and ill give you a price. but just to let you know right now its not gonna be in the $100 range. these are pics of it when i first made it. in case your wondering... the colors are for salt cedars, i didnt have the chest or knees reinforced in these pics, and i made a mistake and didnt turn the flight suit inside out...

Attached File(s)

A Alcohol
T Tobacco
F Firearms
Who's bringing the chips?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sue the B.E.T for racism.

#4 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

Just so you guys know, the cheap pre-mades at the surplus stores are $100+

Most custom ones are closer to $200-$350.
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:08 PM

View PostSpudCrushr, on Jan 15 2009, 12:33 PM, said:

Just so you guys know, the cheap pre-mades at the surplus stores are $100+

Most custom ones are closer to $200-$350.

Sorry to kinna necro here just passing my info along.

Custom ones are about $200-350. I spent $200 total on mine, taking a jute/burlap pre-made ghillie and making it into a custom one.

Sold it for $150 today at a surplus store I frequently visit. Guy that bought it was the store owner, Vietnam vet Marine. He said he has his own ghillie but he's never seen one like the one I modified. He could tell I did my homework and decided to buy it for himself.

The only reason I sold it that low was I knew with the knowledge and hours and materials I poured into it that it would sell fast and I knew I'd get more than enough to turn around and build a 100% custom one (just ordered the kit today, this one will be Multicam/Omnipat influenced in terms of colors chosen).

I spent MONTHS talking to every military sniper I could talk to, picking their brains for every nugget of wisdom they could offer. Top that off with the man hours and money spent, worth much more than he payed. However, I felt I could let it go, knowing I was gonna build another one. That one was to learn. This one coming will hopefully be for a usable showcase of all the knowledge and experience I gained.

The store owner doesn't sell ghillies except for the ones that come in the door that someone else has to sell. When one shows up, he can't keep it on display for very long before someone wants it. Same with mine. Sold in about an hour. :)

Ghillie up guys. :ghillie:

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users