#16 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:17 PM

View PostDusty Dee, on Jun 17 2009, 11:42 AM, said:

@Sniper55

I started this thread with the hope that some noob in his off colored ghillie suit would read this and realize that he's not invisible. It's not my intention to bash on the noobs. If anything, I want them to read this and learn so that next time they are on my team, they are a little more effective on the field.

Well, if we're doing this to improve field effectiveness, why leave out the "noobs" in the camouflage standing behind a sapling who think they're invisible (or much skinnier than they are!)? I see a lot more noobs in camouflage than ghillie to tell you the truth. It also doesn't do much good to be wearing camouflage when your shiny metalflake speedball marker catches every eye on the field. A misused ghillie is a little obvious, but there are far greater noob offenses (in number and amplitude) than this handful (relatively speaking) of players. Good intentions become suspect when focused upon the minority, as opposed to the greater opportunity.

Most people resent unsolicited advice, especially from strangers, but if you're trying to teach someone something, most people learn better from being shown (example), than being told what to do. That's the difference between leadership, and presumed authority.

This post has been edited by Warpaint: 08 October 2010 - 02:11 PM

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   OneShotOneKill...NoExceptions 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SniperSalvo7

Posted 08 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

View Postwieczorek24, on 07 June 2009 - 08:11 PM, said:

I hate it when I see those kinds of people, they bring down the reputation of the people who actually use them effectively. If you use it right then yes you are invisible. If you suck at it, then yeah youll be a bush covered in paint. Some of these kids out there these days just don't understand the other half of most things....

I totally agree. I'm kind of a noob, yes, but I did play with some church friends last month. One of them had a ghillie on, and into the first 15 minutes of the game, he shot me 4 times: 2 in the back, 1 in the kidney, and 1 in the back of my thigh. He wasn't going for distance shots, either. He likes to sneak up on you till he's about 15 feet behind you and light you up like a Christmas tree. on the other hand, those guys who I've seen that have no idea what they're doing look like big, green, idiotic Wookies who can't take a hit like a man.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users