Special Ops Paintball: Rap4.com Tactical Ten Vest - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rap4.com Tactical Ten Vest

#16 User is offline   RPGDAWG 

  • Ride Or Die Son
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 254
  • Joined: 31-December 06
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 15 December 2007 - 06:56 AM

you better recheck the water pack thing. I have owned 3 Tac Ten vest including my current one and I have a 3.0 L Water Bladder and it fits with plenty of room to spare. Mine could easily hold a 5.0L if they made them.

Also If your placing your tank in the holder in the rear.. you don't need your tank cover on. it's already being protected with a cover from the vest.

it's the best Vest system I have ever used in paintball.

This post has been edited by RPGDAWG: 15 December 2007 - 06:57 AM

0

#17 User is offline   JackRock 

  • Senior Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,323
  • Joined: 01-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Denver, CO
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 15 December 2007 - 07:07 AM

While I don't own a TacTen vest (and probably never will), it would definitely be my first choice if SpecOps hadn't come out with their Operative V2 system (which I do own).

Paintballer.ie, check the pouch again. You're the first person to say that such a bladder would not fit. Others, such as RPGDAWG, have had no problems fitting a 3-liter in it. I know on my SpecOps vest, the opening is very small, but the actual bladder pouch is large. I have to remove the air tank from the pouch to get it to fit through the opening, but it does go in. If you are trying to load a full water bladder while the tank is in the pouch, try removing the air tank, and putting it back in after the water pouch has been inserted. With a 3-liter bladder, this isn't usually a problem, as that's enough water to last nearly anywhere, except maybe Oklahoma D-Day on the main game.

For the cost, it's pretty hard to beat.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi
0

#18 User is offline   PaintBaller.ie 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 31-August 07
  • Brigade Name:PAINTBALLER.IE

Posted 15 December 2007 - 11:41 AM

I will check with another persons baldder. Mine is fairly long and thin...Actuallly, i didnt fill it up now that I think of it. With water in it, it would bring down the size again abit more.

Tried the vest on there today while I was marshalling a walk on game. I have a heavy AL tank and full paint load to test for weight and Not a bother . Buy this best folks..
0

#19 User is offline   SeaGoaT 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 56
  • Joined: 06-November 04

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:40 AM

View PostEthrealwolf, on Nov 4 2007, 01:41 AM, said:

I got one of these for myself a week or two ago, got to use it today.

I gotta say, I'm impressed, and I'm really, really picky when it comes to my load-bearing gear.

It fits tight, which is a bit different, but is actually really comfortable once you're used to it. Personally, i think that's part of the reason for it's load-distributing qualities- it's tight enough into your body to move some of what usually rests on your hips and shoulders to your torso. I'm probably wrong though. It carries 1400 rounds and can carry up to a 114ci tank (although that'd be a really tight fit), as well as the 2 liter hydration bladder, and has room for the utility pockets. now, i find the two front mounted utility pockets a little small, but the MOD pockets on the sides of the vest work pretty well to help bulk out the storage space. The belt keepers are wide enough to accept a standard military web belt, and have pretty solid closure on them. the radio pouch is somewhat small, for my tastes, but is an easy fix (about...oh, ten minutes on a sewing machine, tops.

otherwise, it's pretty standard, mesh body construction, a pair of front-opening interior pockets, and a carry handle on the back. In fact, my biggest complaint with it is where it places the remote knob for my air line- means someone else has to turn it on for me, which kinda sucks.


How tight would you think the tank pouch would be on a 114? I've been considering this vest for some time and that's the only thing that's got me thinking. I know Rab4 makes a tank pouch designed for the larger tanks, but if I can avoid having to buy an extra tank pouch I'd like to, at least for now.

Thanks
Move Zig!

0

#20 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

  • If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 938
  • Joined: 13-April 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fayetteville, NC
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:44 PM

View PostSeaGoaT, on Dec 19 2007, 10:40 AM, said:

How tight would you think the tank pouch would be on a 114? I've been considering this vest for some time and that's the only thing that's got me thinking. I know Rab4 makes a tank pouch designed for the larger tanks, but if I can avoid having to buy an extra tank pouch I'd like to, at least for now.

Thanks


probably very... On my 88ci tank, it's an extremely tight fit, enough so that I'm looking at getting the largest of their three tank pouch sizes.

I suppose, if your 114 is no wider than my tank, and is just longer, you'd be OK.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/
0

#21 User is offline   Alix Primus 

  • Poop
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 272
  • Joined: 27-December 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Earth
  • Brigade Name:ALIX POOP

Posted 22 December 2007 - 01:39 PM

View PostCANYOUSEEME?, on Sep 28 2007, 10:24 PM, said:

I don't know, sort of looks like a spec ops copy. But if it is made of quality material, and it works for you, then :)


I agree that RAP4 seems to copy other companies products often, but most vests are similar. It doesn't have the internal harness though, right?
0

#22 User is offline   kubihibi 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 96
  • Joined: 14-September 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Kingsland, GA
  • Brigade Name:kubihibi

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:17 PM

View PostAlix Primus, on Dec 22 2007, 03:39 PM, said:

View PostCANYOUSEEME?, on Sep 28 2007, 10:24 PM, said:

I don't know, sort of looks like a spec ops copy. But if it is made of quality material, and it works for you, then :P


I agree that RAP4 seems to copy other companies products often, but most vests are similar. It doesn't have the internal harness though, right?



RAP gets licenses to re brand other companies products. They didn't copy though, they made it per requests and feedback from the guys in the Tactical Ten Paintball League.
0

#23 User is offline   paintballsoccer3 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1
  • Joined: 21-February 06
  • Location:behind you.
  • Brigade Name:MAJOR DEATH015

Posted 15 May 2008 - 09:10 AM

View PostMonoxide, on Dec 6 2007, 06:50 PM, said:

Will the regular size be too big for someone who's 5'6" , 150lbs?



I'm 5'9 150 and it fits me very well. It's adjustable so you should be able to make it fit.
0

#24 User is offline   TeleFragger 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 184
  • Joined: 01-September 09

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:18 PM

View PostPaintBaller.ie, on Nov 25 2007, 03:01 PM, said:

Just ordere 5 of these babies for me and team mates. I ordered a holster for the front and a belt to go with it. I hope it turns out to be as good as I heard.



what pistol are you using? i just bought a tac8 (the peppergas one.. while it isnt here yet)
also what side do you wear it on? do you have say for a right handed person on the right side or right handed person on the left side to kinda reach across your stomach?

well i have been back and forth.... on what vest to get... do i get the rap 4 tac ten or a mollex (sp??) style.. you buy the vest and every piece to it..


well after reading all this im gonna get the digi camo one.. just waiting for some green to come in from my neighbor.....

so i did price it by building my own and it cost more... even if you ordered what is the default it still costs more!!!!

so im gonna order the $99 one.. camel pouch.... belt and was going to get the name tags but they are $30!!!!!


think all said and done I will be at about $180.... WAY MORE THAN I WANTED TO SPEND!!!! but it will be worth it...
__________________________________
98C==>Rap4 Stock (6 position)==> RT==> End Game Compression Barrel==> Cyclone Feed==>Tac Cap and x7 Low Prifile Hopper==> 45/88/88-4500 tanks ==> dye i3 mask==> remote line
Side Arm==>Tiberius Tac 8.1 with 4 first strike mags and 6 regular mags
Specops Custom Vest - pistol holster w. extra clip/tons of pod holders/extra mags holder (pics when it gets here!!!!)
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB
0

#25 User is offline   PaintBaller.ie 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 31-August 07
  • Brigade Name:PAINTBALLER.IE

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:29 PM

View PostTeleFragger, on Jan 22 2010, 03:18 AM, said:

View PostPaintBaller.ie, on Nov 25 2007, 03:01 PM, said:

Just ordere 5 of these babies for me and team mates. I ordered a holster for the front and a belt to go with it. I hope it turns out to be as good as I heard.



what pistol are you using? i just bought a tac8 (the peppergas one.. while it isnt here yet)
also what side do you wear it on? do you have say for a right handed person on the right side or right handed person on the left side to kinda reach across your stomach?

well i have been back and forth.... on what vest to get... do i get the rap 4 tac ten or a mollex (sp??) style.. you buy the vest and every piece to it..


well after reading all this im gonna get the digi camo one.. just waiting for some green to come in from my neighbor.....

so i did price it by building my own and it cost more... even if you ordered what is the default it still costs more!!!!

so im gonna order the $99 one.. camel pouch.... belt and was going to get the name tags but they are $30!!!!!


think all said and done I will be at about $180.... WAY MORE THAN I WANTED TO SPEND!!!! but it will be worth it...


Wow, talk about a blast from the past... this thread is old

Anyways, I dont have a pistol now, i don't bother with one, so I can't help you there.
0

#26 User is offline   TeleFragger 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 184
  • Joined: 01-September 09

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:33 PM

View PostPaintBaller.ie, on Jan 21 2010, 09:29 PM, said:

Wow, talk about a blast from the past... this thread is old

Anyways, I dont have a pistol now, i don't bother with one, so I can't help you there.


you know i never looked at the date!!!!!!! I used the search feature!!!!!!!! HAH....

do you still recommend the rap4 tac ten? what did you move on to?
__________________________________
98C==>Rap4 Stock (6 position)==> RT==> End Game Compression Barrel==> Cyclone Feed==>Tac Cap and x7 Low Prifile Hopper==> 45/88/88-4500 tanks ==> dye i3 mask==> remote line
Side Arm==>Tiberius Tac 8.1 with 4 first strike mags and 6 regular mags
Specops Custom Vest - pistol holster w. extra clip/tons of pod holders/extra mags holder (pics when it gets here!!!!)
*********Feedback**** click on a link below
-------Specops-------------MCB
0

#27 User is offline   PaintBaller.ie 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 23
  • Joined: 31-August 07
  • Brigade Name:PAINTBALLER.IE

Posted 21 January 2010 - 07:38 PM

View PostTeleFragger, on Jan 22 2010, 02:33 AM, said:

View PostPaintBaller.ie, on Jan 21 2010, 09:29 PM, said:

Wow, talk about a blast from the past... this thread is old

Anyways, I dont have a pistol now, i don't bother with one, so I can't help you there.


you know i never looked at the date!!!!!!! I used the search feature!!!!!!!! HAH....

do you still recommend the rap4 tac ten? what did you move on to?


I still have the vest, its a great vest but too expensive for what it is.... just like all thinks Rap4.

Save your money and look around for other brands. Flurry industries seem to have a good one according to TechPB
0

Share this topic:


  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users