• You cannot reply to this topic

my old attemp at a SAW Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   browning .30 cal 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:David

Posted 21 February 2010 - 01:47 PM

This is one of the most vesitile mods i have mad. It allows me to have two different size foregrips, the short one pictured and a slightly longer one. I can also make any stock i want, but i have the one pictured and and backer block to use without a stock. I have made two mags so far, the m4/m16 style one and the saw style one. the short foregrip, when in SAW mode, has a fake 'gas tube" under the barrel. i realize it is nowhere close to a real SAW or M$, but i enjoy putting my own spin on things.
I can change it in minutes because it is only held together with eight screws. the mags just slip in, kinda like a real gun or something. The whole thing is very sturdy for how simply it is. this took me literally like one day to make and a few weeks later i made the extra mag and the short forgrip pictured.

The tactical grip goes on with two longer screws (decking screws) and is taken off as fast as it takes a drill to work. it also has that homemade flash hider that i posted with my tommy gun. It just makes the barrel look longer and i think it looks cool. took like twent minutes with a dremel tool and 3/4 inch PVC pipe. hope u guys like it

M4/m16 style first
Posted Image

here is the longer foregrip but without the tactical grip
Posted Image
Now the "SAW style"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
if anyone has questions about how to do this tyoe of setup, just post it. it is very easy, and lets you put basically any type of grip/mag/stock combo you want as long as you make them the right width. Enjoy!

This post has been edited by browning .30 cal: 21 February 2010 - 02:22 PM

Looking for a Qloader set up for my 98 custom. PM if u got one for sale.

#2 User is offline   lowrider4lyfe 

• The Asset
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:THE ASSET

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:26 PM

Ummmm, like wood much? I have to give you props on being a hardcore d.i.y.'er. That second pic with the long foregrip puts me to mind of a BAR more than anything, just with a dif stock and no lower tube. Maybe you should give that a try! And, where in WV are you located?
One day, I'm going to run into the woods and never come back! And when I come back, I'm going to be the Knife Master!
If you talk to God you're religious. If God talks to you, you're psychotic.
It's not in my nature to be mysterious. But I can't talk about it, and I can't talk about why.
If I said something to offend you, I probably meant it.

#3 User is offline   Gauss 

• God. Guns. Guts.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:31 AM

What gun did you use for this?
OFFICIAL BROADSWORD RECOGNITION NUMBER: 112
OFFICIAL SABRE RECOGNITION NUMBER: 530
God. Guns. Guts.

#4 User is offline   browning .30 cal 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:David

Posted 28 February 2010 - 10:12 AM

View Postlowrider4lyfe, on Feb 27 2010, 10:26 PM, said:

Ummmm, like wood much? I have to give you props on being a hardcore d.i.y.'er. That second pic with the long foregrip puts me to mind of a BAR more than anything, just with a dif stock and no lower tube. Maybe you should give that a try! And, where in WV are you located?

I am going to try to make one of the WWII era BAR, but i need to re wire my imagine again. i dont want a dumb version with a pistol grip, i want it to look real, air through stock and all. i am in charles town
Looking for a Qloader set up for my 98 custom. PM if u got one for sale.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users