Special Ops Paintball: The "New Captains" Guide to Sucess - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The "New Captains" Guide to Sucess Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 15 March 2008 - 11:40 PM

This is to cut down on the captain question threads...

First off read these stickies...if you still have questions read on...if you have questions after that ask them in this thread youll get an answer....ill systematically clean it out and add the questions with answers to the main post.

Topics-LINKS UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Im sure there are some more ill update once I think of them or someone notifies me.

First off when you are creating a team think of a few things. Do you have the time, money, commitment, PEOPLE, and resources to start and run a team. If you dont have all of those things already without a doubt then hit the view new posts button and go back to spamming the lounge. Its not easy to start a team, its easy to think of a name, send a few sponsor me emails, and start a thread asking for people to join. Most important thing is people without the people you dont have the team...think of it this way...if you find 10 guys youll have 5 if your lucky who you can always depend on the rest will always flake. Dont turn people away from your team till you finally get that solid crew of X amount of guys it will come back to bite you. Seconds do you have the time and commitment to run a team...you need to make sure contact is kept with all your memebers, you need to deal with sponsors, tourney officials, practice dates, travel arrangements its going to be really hard to start a team if your not 18 I want to put it out there. I did it and for a while I had a pretty strong team going, but it was hard and I soon realized that because I was only 15 at the time it was going to be hard to do what I needed without constant parental interferance. Your also going to need money...can you pay for playing in tourneys and traveling and going to scenarios? If not then how do you expect this team to work?

One of the most often asked questions I see is that people cant control someone on their team whether its on the field off the field or both. First off no matter how good they are if they dont have good off field/general ethics they shouldnt be on the team...you dont want a bad seed linked to your team trust me it will come back to bite you later no matter how good they are. If they arent showing for practices then fine find a replacement, dont kick em off the team because you may need them later on if one of your starters cant play. Secondly remember that people arent always going to do exactly what you say...if you say run across that big open area to the bunker 100yds away alot of people arent going to to it...I think alot of the "captains and commanders" feel that whatever they say their team has to do...well think...would you do it if that guy was in your possiton? Would you do it period? Being a commander doesnt mean you get to tell people to go take care of all the stuff your scared of doing you need to lead by example...if their afraid of running in the open tell them to follow you and go first, if they think they will get shot going from bunker to bunker do drills, help em through it, your not going to get a group of battle hardended fearless guys right off the bat especially with a new team. Its going to require alot of work to get them going. Dont ever pull the "i cant die im the commander card" either...unless its a SPPL type TOURNEY, not game or practice, where points are on the line you should never not do something in fear of getting shot. The team can play without you belive it or not...and its way more of a handicap to have one player sitting in the back bossing people around than it is to have the commander get shot.

I also see alot of questions about communicating....just talk for a while. If you can execute a strategy well it doesnt matter what the other team hears it will work. Eventually, especially in large scale scenarios, you will need radios but dont worry about handsigns and code words. You should be able to say...ok you go right of that tree us two will go left well keep him here to distract with some fire. If you can execute that plan well then it doesnt matter what the other teams heres you should be able to do it, because honestly even if they KNOW someone is distraction its human nature not to ignore him. So just talk use your hands to point or demonstrate angles but dont worry or spend the time to make codes and special hand signals.

Ill add more to this later.

Peace,
Teddy K

This post has been edited by Teddy K: 06 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

#2 User is offline   IrishDagger 

• Captain: Beasts of War Scenario Team
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:IrishDagger

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:34 PM

Great Advice. As someone currently trying to start a team, there was a lot of helpfull information. I look forward to further installments.

Thanks.
Reporter: "You've been called the Da Vinci of our time. What do you say to that?"
Tony Stark: "Absolutely ridiculous. I don't paint."
Reporter: "And what do you say to your other nickname, the Merchant of Death?"
Tony Stark: "That's not bad."

Pepper Pots: "Your flight was scheduled to leave an hour and a half ago."
Tony Stark: "That's funny. I thought with it being my plane and all it would just wait for me to get there. I mean, doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose of having your own plane if it departs before you arrive?"

#3 User is offline   Deus Ex Machina 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:37 PM

Dunno about anyone else, but the links are dead for me. I think you did them backwards.

#4 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:59 PM

Every single link is down for me also.

#5 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 March 2008 - 09:02 PM

Teddy speaks the truth.

#6 User is offline   Assasin2213 

• Computer Tech & Love Guru
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ASSASIN2213

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:30 AM

links are also down for me, i guess for now we can just copy and paste them
04 RX8 is my baby

#7 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:19 PM

Fixed the links.

Peace,
Teddy K

#8 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

View PostTeddy K, on Apr 6 2008, 08:19 PM, said:

Fixed the links.

Peace,
Teddy K

Yeah...they're gone... :D

-Tenacious

#9 User is offline   T-Rex 

• 68 Kaliber Killer Sabre
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Rex

Posted 22 December 2008 - 07:47 PM

Yeah, I'm going to send this to my captain if that is ok with you, he needs to see this.

I Have No Signature
OFFICIAL Sabre #56!
LET BEAR THE FURY OF THE WOODS!!!
If you are a christian paintballer add this to your signature
Too much mercy will weigh you down
If We can't do it it doesn't need to be done!

#10 User is offline   SOCOMTacticalPbTeam 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:29 AM

Very well put. Cudos!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users