• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Paint Reviews Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Meline

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:34 PM

Thought I would make a little list of the paint I myself have used and what I thought about it, If you want to add on to the list but remember it has to be paint you, yourself, have used.

Blaze- (Border Wars III) Pink fill, weird Orangish shell, no breaks in the bags. A few had dimples but overall not bad paint. The paint flew as straight as can be expected. Over all Thumbs up.

Marbs- (Paint for big games) What can I say, who doesn't like marbs? Pricey but Thumbs up.

PMI Big Ball-(My standard paint) I've shot both the black shell and the yellow shell and haven't had problems with either one. As far as bang for the buck these are worth the money.

Heavy Metal- Good paint although rather large in diameter. If you have a small bore don't buy these.

Zap Seconds- Purple shell, pink fill. Ther are seconds for a reason and they do stain. Thumbs down.

Blue streak- The worst paint I have ever shot. I'll leave it at that.
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#2 User is offline   BGARanger 

• Tourney Guy - n00b helper
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BGARanger

Posted 10 August 2005 - 01:57 PM

RPS/PMI Marbs/Premium- Great stuff, worth the money

RPS/PMI Super Swirl - Pretty good, available at wal-mart, great for weekend play and cold weather only comes in one color shell/fill though

X-ball (all grades) - Love this stuff, bronze is like $40 a case, and it's great for practice paint, silver is $50 and tournament grade, gold is $60 and rivals high grade tournament paints

Zap Chronic - Great fill and shell, but for tournament paint I was disappointed

Steel - Great stuff, has a very...unique smell

Zap Tork- Pretty good, smells nice, tastes like cough syrup

Zap Primer - Thick shelled, better for cold weather, good mid grade

Zap? Rec/Big ball - It's just that, Rec grade and BIG, just buy better paint, it's worth it

Nelson Anarchy- Alright, but I was slightly disappointed

Gameface/DXS Scorch - For something made by Draxxus, I was very disappointed, plus only one color shell and fill that I've seen

Blue/Wild streak - if you're desperate...I will never use this crap again

Heavy Metal - same as the streak, worthless

White Box/Seconds - If you need cheap paint to make a demo vid, or show your friends how fast you can shoot, I wouldn't use this stuff for normal play, make sure you know which company it's coming from, it may be staining paint.

#3 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2005 - 12:27 PM

JT Tactical Paintballs (Woodland, Yellow fill)- Small bore paint (I was using my .684 insert), and it was cold the day I used them 46* F. Over all for $22 its not bad paint, I saw a few oblong paintballs that would cause barel breaks but those where not that common. I didn't see any dimples but I did notice a few would ark out from either voids or spin caused by irregular shaped paint and I had a few breaks. I didn't hear of any bounces from my paint so it seemed to be breaking well on contact even in the cool weather.

Over all good Rec ball paint for the price, I think I will be switching from Big Ball to these for "fun" games.
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#4 User is offline   Paintballer-001 

• FO SHO? or... NOT!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2005 - 07:21 PM

blue streak works for me lol
IPB Image

#5 User is offline   NeoArcher 

• Proud Admin of Clan NeoDawgs
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NeoArcher

Posted 19 August 2005 - 03:45 AM

Diablo Heat- There's a reason it comes in a black and white box

CORE- No idea. Bought it on sale at Dunhams. Re-usable container, not a saving grace. But I was able to shoot a buddy behind a tree with a real nice curve shot :(

X-Balls- Very nice, especially for the price

Draxxus Blaze- Not bad, I'd buy it again

Blue/Wild Streak- My kids don't know the differnce. Yet.

Scorch- Hmm, kinda hard shell. Little dissapionted, and a little sore

Tippmann Werks Balls- Nice soft shells, no breaks in guns, fly straight, bounce too often though

#6 User is offline   littlebreadman 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:littlebreadman

Posted 22 August 2005 - 03:11 PM

pmi premium- good paint. good shell and think bright fill. decent price i think i will just stick to this paint

pmi menace- only one color but seemed to work fine. i didnt notice a diff from the premium will buy again

pmi super swirl- decent alot of breaks but its not brass eagle so i guess its ok

empire fule- again one color. nice design. a little pricey but seemed to work well if i have to i will use

tippmann werks- it use to be good... me and some friends bought a 5 cases from dunhams and were very upset. lots of breaks. i donno about this stuff

draxuss midnights- decent. had a few breaks and a few curves but all in all it was ok. if its all we had id use it

rps- before they combined with pmi i think. nice paint round rough shell would use again

brass eagle afterburners- good if you are throwing your paint. dont buy it

#7 User is offline   Imperial Guard 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Imperial Guard

Posted 23 August 2005 - 03:54 PM

Scorch- Cheap, somewhat accurate, bright fill, and fairly good seams, has been know to bounce a little at times. Worked great in the winter. $10.88 at walmart for 500 :rolleyes: 8 out of 10

Big Ball- Cheap, Short Shelf life, snot looking fill, runny fill, pretty accurate though. $40 at most stores. Still pretty good paintballs 7 out of 10

PMI Premium- A little expensive but highly effective, Bright fill, nice shell, thick fill, accurate, and easily found. $47 per case in most places. 9 out of 10

Winchester Paintballs- A good comapany but, bad paintballs. Spyder victor works good in it but, my tippmann 98 hates these things. They are cheap (like $17 for 800), However runny fill, can hardly tell if you got hit or if you got someone. Highly dimpled shells :rolleyes: 4 out of 10

Zap Rec. Paint- Cheap, cool re-usable bucket, a little bit accurate, however they don't work well in rain and have been know to curve at times. Dark fill and sometimes a dimpled shell. 6 out of 10

Afterburners- Bad paint, they do spirals and fly far away from your target. Bounce alot. DON"T BUY THESE 2 out of 10 at least they exited the barrel

Draxxus Dusk- Cheap, accurate, bright fill, thick fill, great seams. Only down fall is that they are brittle so ***flatlines stay away***. 9 out of 10

PMI Super Swirl- Avalible at Walmart these are pretty good but, have only one snot like fill. About $13 for 500 or $22 for 1000. Like i said, ok but not great. 8 out of 10

Draxxus Blaze- Very accurate and a nice thick and bright fill. Price is high though but, that what you pay for when you want good paint. I highy suggest these. 9.5 out of 10

This post has been edited by Imperial Guard: 02 November 2005 - 05:06 PM

Sgt. Kevin Dagger/Crappy Sniper
Speedball:Front

#8 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2005 - 07:51 AM

Zap Cryptic- (white shell, white fill)- Super thick fill, when you tagged somebody there was no doubt about it. The paint flew well and was small bore (I used my .684). No dimples or voids that I could see (I shot a case and a half). I liked this paint but some of the guys using electros (Timmy and Ion to be exact) said that their "eyes" had problems with the paint, so they had to turn them off (so keep that in mind as a heads up).
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#9 User is offline   redd_18235 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:redd_18235

Posted 26 September 2005 - 08:56 PM

Evil brand paintballs. Once a legendary paint that flew straight and broke on target now bounces and sucks. A few years ago the yellow evil paint was more of a dull gold color and was the BEST to shoot. Then something happened at the factory or the CEO office or something. The paint changed to the neon yellow color and bounces off everything. The company denies any change at all from the original paint but "come on!!!". Now the paint is notorious for a harder shell which translates to more sting when hit (assuming it breaks on target).
One does not have to outrun the hungry lion. Instead, outrun the guy next to you.

#10 User is offline   godswrath 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 October 2005 - 07:44 PM

well i have used a couple so the ones i have used where sent sailing threw my flatline.

infernos, and big no no for flatlines. alot of oblong balls and several breaks, would never use that stuff again.

druxxus hellfire the best i have used so far, will stick with those paintballs.

evils-yellow shell. work ok. probably wont use them again.

druxxus blaze worked well for my gun setup.

xball never had a break are pretty good for flatline users i used the silver. i would use them again.

#11 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2006 - 09:15 AM

Monster Balls- (Blue shell, Yellow Fill)
-Small bore, I used my .684, insert.
-No dimples, and paint was in good shape.
-Was really cheap from Wal-Mart
-Super thick shell. The shell on these was so thick that they bounced all over the place. The guy I was playing against at one point called himself out after I bounced three off of him in less then a minute. This paint would work well if the cold when paint becomes brittle but in the summer its shell is just to thick.

Over all for sumer use I give this paint a thumbs Down
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#12 User is offline   Fighter24 

• Fighter-A soldier, an unyeilding or determined person
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fighter24

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:17 AM

Marbs-Great stuff a little pricy but well worth it. It has nice fill no dimples no seem(or a real small one), small bore. The best thing your money can buy ecspecially if you have a flatline. the only issue is they can be too hard and not break on the target.

Allstars- Very similar to marbs. Not quite as hard but good fill and small seem. Also a little larger bore. Almost always breaks on target though.

Diablo Heat-For the price its good paint. Had no issues in my J&J barrel.
"I'll lead you to glory or I'll lead you to hell, but I'll be the first one there."-General George Armstrong Custer
IPB Image

Favre4ever

#13 User is offline   PAINTBALLACE 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2006 - 11:21 AM

Marballizers - Great paint, perfect for my phantom

Scorch - Best paint you can buy from Walmart

Wild Streak - Worst paint you can buy. Nuff said

#14 User is offline   TAH 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TAH

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:57 AM

Well I have only tried two.

SCORCH-This paint worked great in my Alley Cat, chopped a few in a model 98, and just a little big for an MR1 but still worked great. VERY visible fill but they hurt and bounce quite often. Overall this is good paint.

JT TACTICAL (woodlannd Camo)-This was a perfect size for the MR1 but chopped ALOT in the model 98. This stuff flew very straight and it was pretty accurate. The only problems were that I could not see where they were flying, neither could opponent either though, and the fill is not very visible at all. It would be hard to use this stuff when you are playing against a cheater.

I have only played paintball twice at my friends house so these are the only paints that I have tried. I am soon going to try Bigball in the Model 98 though.

#15 User is offline   USMC-Scout/Sniper 

• I'm supposed to put a vitty saying here, Ja?
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:15 PM

only used 3 brands

Scorch-pro= Cheap, fairly accurate, thick shell, bright thick fill
con=thick shell.
The Best wally world paint and a good paint for weekend rec games
1.Accuracy- 6
2.fill thickness- 8
3.fill vis- 9
4.break on hit -3
5.no breaks in box -10
6.no dimples in box- 8
7. storibility- 10
8.toughness(how well can it withstand rough treatment and drops when loading and brush when shot)-9
9.seams-3
10.cost-9

overall- 8 out of 10

Super Swirl- pro=Accurate, breaks well on hit, cheap
con= thin fill, almost always breaks or dimples in box
If you want to, check the boxes and if you can find a good one buy but usually leave alone, its not worth the hassle
1.-8
2.-4
3.-3
4.-8
5.-2
6.-1
7.-3
8.-5
9.-7
10.-8

overall-6 out of 10

Nelson Special Forces-pro=very accurate, breaks on hit, thick bright fill
con=price
Borrowed some from friend.Fill is like colored elmer's glue. Very good paint but pricey ($22 for 500 and only seen it in 500 boxes)
1.-9
2.-10
3.-10
4.-8
5.would not know but guessing high
6.""
7.""
8.""
9.-9
10.-4

Overall 9 out of 10

Share this topic: