• You cannot reply to this topic

Top Paintball Sniper Competition No lie!!! Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   gubment_man 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:GUBMENT SNIPER

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:16 PM

I was surfing the net for anything paintball related some time last week (becuase I had that kind of time) and I found out that a couple fields in Canada held a sponsored Top Paintball Sniper competition late last year. Not only that, the organizers are planning on having it throughout the US in the 2011 season! :) :ghillie: What are your feelings about this? Here is the website: http://toppaintballs....com/index.html
"why does that bush have eyes?"

#2 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:17 AM

Umm... dial in a sight and pray it doesn't drift sideways?

To an extent, red dot sights work great. If anything, it should be based on iron sighting or something...

I don't know, it sounds silly to me... especially with $65 for the 'first stage' or whatever.

#3 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kaosukoden

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:58 AM

as much of an "ambush/sniper" I claim to be, I can't help but laugh at the ignorance of someone willing to spend the money on that. But, after reading through the "benefits" it's not entirely worthless, just mostly.

#4 User is offline   gubment_man 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 February 2011 - 11:23 AM

Oh...how so? Please give details people, I want your full opinion on it with examples and all.

#5 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

Are there prizes at all?

At least the entry fee doesn't seem to be PER stage... but do they have separate competitions for FS users? They would obviously have an unfair advantage.

#6 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2011 - 12:53 PM

Not much info on that website at all. They have separate entry prices for FS & standard rounds, but no definitive mention if they are separated into different divisions. Obviously the FS users would have an advantage but based on the pics in the forums it would appear they weren't separated - I saw a few Tibs, a couple X7's, an A-5 & an Automag. Those pics show the winner (shooting FS w/ a Tib 9.1) got a trophy & a t-shirt. At least one other guy is holding a t-shirt as well, so maybe he won it for 2nd place, or he's just holding it for the 1st place guy :D. The entry fees aren't terribly bad, I mean it includes paint & 10 rounds of competition. One thing that bothered me a bit: I get that none of the guys are being shot at, but I didn't care for the array of airsoft goggles & shop glasses... or nothing.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#7 User is offline   JaguarShark 

• TOTSUGEKI!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kiriyama9000

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

At the distances that their challenges are set up to, I'd imagine FS rounds would be the only way to go. They have "Master" targets at 400ft in their first stage. Stage 6 has targets out to 300ft. Regular paintballs don't go that far.

You can compete with regular stuff, but winning would be difficult if you're up against FS users. Sounds to me like an incentive to spend more money.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:06 PM

*removes foot from mouth*

I have to admit, after reading about it, if I had my t9.1 already, I would totally participate. It looks like it would be a blast, and unlike going to the local field and playing a day of paintball (which costs 1/3 the price of this contest for me) there would only be players who play similar to me, and would create not only a feeling of direct competition, but sheer comraderie. Each of the events are purely relevent to the "ambush/sniper" position. The only thing I wish would be added in is a concealment competition (best use of ghilli.) also, the 5 min mark doesn't quite prove the patience that an "ambush/sniper" should portrai. the two reasons i wouldn't do this, is one, the money i would spend on getting to and participating in, would purchase my T9.1. and 2, I live in the states. It seems very well thought out and planned, and is specifically designed for this position, so you won't have some guy out there with a "super" ramping marker lighting you up the second you make a wrong turn around a bunker.

#9 User is offline   gubment_man 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:55 PM

Yeah, I agree with everyone saying there is a lack of information, but since the 2011 season will be it's second competitive season ever as well as it's first season outside of canada and will be held at more than two fields I'm sure they are gonna refine the competition and release more info. The organizers should look at how the military top sniper competition was remodeled in recent years. Recently it was made to simulate realistic situations that todays sniper would experience on the battlefield, the same should be done with the paintball version. Make the competition pratical and realistic so all competitors can go home with the insight of how to become better plus like kaosukoden said, the comraderie and competitve motive to be better for the next time on the field and the next contest.

I also agree with ger about the lack of safety gear. I get paranoid when I stand next to the netting at my field during play if I dont have my goggles. Plus, none of them would do that if it was an actual game so that takes away of the realism, yes it is more comfortable to shoot with out have the mask on but thats we tune our gear to counter the fact that we have a mask on when we aim.

I think this has potential to be something big, I'm gonna keep track of this and see what they do for this year and see how it goes. If they can get a field near me to hold this I'm definately going just for the fun of it.

#10 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:04 AM

what's funny, I was going through the forum, and there was one guy who built an ion inside of the nerf longshot, a breech load FS gun... he had a Sony HD camera on top of it as his "night vision & 20x zoom" nice idea, but he called it his "competition" marker and said he couldn't play a real game with it. What's the point in that? i mean a competition rifle is just as deadly and useful in real battle.

#11 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:17 AM

I saw that - I think the point was that breech loading a single shot would suck in most games. He said he played w/ it in games but it wasn't very useful.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#12 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:18 AM

cleaver... but i would be embarassed to pull that toy gun out...

#13 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:///Animal Mother///

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:09 PM

View Postgubment_man, on 14 February 2011 - 08:16 PM, said:

I was surfing the net for anything paintball related some time last week (becuase I had that kind of time) and I found out that a couple fields in Canada held a sponsored Top Paintball Sniper competition late last year. Not only that, the organizers are planning on having it throughout the US in the 2011 season! :) :ghillie: What are your feelings about this? Here is the website: http://toppaintballs....com/index.html

Sounds like a fun idea. I'd be up for it if we had one close to home.

#14 User is offline   gubment_man 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 February 2011 - 07:44 PM

View Postkaosukoden, on 16 February 2011 - 10:04 AM, said:

what's funny, I was going through the forum, and there was one guy who built an ion inside of the nerf longshot, a breech load FS gun... he had a Sony HD camera on top of it as his "night vision & 20x zoom" nice idea, but he called it his "competition" marker and said he couldn't play a real game with it. What's the point in that? i mean a competition rifle is just as deadly and useful in real battle.

It probably has more to do with the size of the gun and it being a single shot. A nerf longshot is a little over 3 feet long,( the old model atleast) that would be way too long for a game. And people thought have a 20" barrel was overkill. My Fs rifle is a single shot and it does fine when I use it during games. I just put a rifle/ shotgun stock pouch to keep the FS rounds in and it works great. another reason he may not want to use it for games is that the long shot body is plastic and kinda brightly painted. Personally, Im leaning more toward the issue of length but that is his project and his choice, the one thing we have in common with other people how custom made their Fs rifle is that we all saved hundreds by not buying the Tiberius models. Hooray for being a cheap bastard!!!! :ghillie: :)

#15 User is offline   kaosukoden 

• Aim first
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:45 AM

meanwhile I'm selling my guns and a hand full of other random things in my house so I can get the T9.1... but then again, it's fun to take a gun like that and build it into something. it's probably the best hobby other than actually playing paintball.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users