Special Ops Paintball: Daggers vs. Speedballers - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Daggers vs. Speedballers What to do when facing a horde of Power Ranger shooting at 25bps Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:55 AM

View PostInterceptor911, on Aug 5 2007, 09:10 AM, said:

My advice, forget about all of these stupid positions that spec ops has. Just play. A good player should be able to perform any role that is needed, not just get stuck in one area. Its just a marketing ploy to sell equipment. Nothing more. Speedball is all about the angles and knowing when to move. Its not hard at all.

And that is where you are wrong... While the positions do help sell equipment what they truly are is guidelines of basic ways how to play. Once you've played the game and learned more you can adapt to those guidelines and most players do whether they know it or not, or like it or not. Equipment specialization, and play specialization is the key to taking a team to the next level. Sure a good player should be able to do anything, but a better player can master something. Besides it will always be easier to say "I'm a dagger" than to be like "I like to move around a lot, sneak occasionally, maybe lay low. I have a gun that can shoot fast when I need to but I normally don't. I can run point for you if you'd like, but def give me the flag to run it back to the base. But really I can do anything you want me to do"

having 40 guys explain that to you at the beginning of the game is much longer than asking people how they basically like to play. And to be honest with you, I think you should check my article "Whatever works for you doesn't work for me" because you honestly gave, no real advice whatsoever.

Edit: What -> Whatever (in title)

This post has been edited by Bielerga: 05 August 2007 - 09:56 AM

I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#47 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:51 AM

No, the Spec Ops positions are pretty much a marketing tool to sell gear. However, it seems to have worked well.
We've had positions and styles of play long before SO came around. They used the much simpler names "Front", "Middle", and "Back".
People would specialize in one (Ex. Back. Slower guy, carries more paint). However, when needed, he'd go forward. I do that a lot. I carry about twice the paint my teammates do, then end up farther up than them at the end of the game. Versatility ftw!
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#48 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:53 AM

View PostPirate, on Aug 5 2007, 02:51 PM, said:

No, the Spec Ops positions are pretty much a marketing tool to sell gear. However, it seems to have worked well.
We've had positions and styles of play long before SO came around. They used the much simpler names "Front", "Middle", and "Back".
People would specialize in one (Ex. Back. Slower guy, carries more paint). However, when needed, he'd go forward. I do that a lot. I carry about twice the paint my teammates do, then end up farther up than them at the end of the game. Versatility ftw!

And just think how much faster you could move, and how smaller your profile would be if you carried less paint. Like I said everyone should be able to do everything but to take your team to the next level specialization is key.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#49 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:32 AM

Why do some people think that speedball is easy or that woodsball is easy?

I play both equally. The two games have the same basic principle, but have enough differences to be two seperate games. Both are hard to play successfully and both require skills and practice. Also, if we are talking about Special Ops positions, Daggers ae the ones that are most related to a typical speedball player. IF you were to have a match (speedballers vs. Daggers) it would all come down to the team with better players, teamwork, and overall skill.

Having said that, many skills used in speedball carry over to woodsball, and vice versa. Snapshooting, sliding, having a small profile, speed, agility, stamina, etc. are fundamentals of both games and should be practiced regularly to make you a better player.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users