Special Ops Paintball: Painting Miniatures - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Painting Miniatures

#1 User is offline   redarmy27 

• Get a good look now, you won't see me later.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:redarmy27

Post icon  Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:18 PM

Hello all,

Since we're talking about our other hobbies, I thought I'd post my other one here as well. Yes, it deals with paint, but in a different sense:

I've been a loyal hobbyist in this art since 2005 in my first year of college. While I'm still relatively new at playing, I've been painting avidly ever since my first month of college. This will be my vault for my finished pieces. If you have any questions, comments or criticisms, please feel free to post. All the miniatures seen below are only at a scale of 28mm.

This was the only the second mini I've ever painted, he's possibly one of my favorite as has been since made into an ornament for my tree as Xmas time.
Posted Image

I painted this for a friend's Warriors of Choas army:
Posted Image

This was painted for a friend's campaign board game as in individual piece:
Posted Image
Posted Image

I painted this for the same friend as a game board piece in a campaign he was part of. He was a ton of fun to paint and I think one of the better sculpts by GW:
Posted Image

I had a blast painting this guy for a holiday contest. I got first in it and he's now also a fun ornament for my tree!
Posted Image

I painted this for a contest when the new Warriors of Chaos edition came out. He landed me second, only narrowly ><:
Posted Image

Here are units from my old Daemons of Choas army that I once had but sold as I had to move and had too many things to go to my new place!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here's a paladin I painted for an online contest. He landed me a 2nd place finish and was my first real attempt at NMM:
Posted Image

Random skeleton:
Posted Image

This guy won me an online contest:
Posted Image

And here's my latest one that I painted for a commission for a buddy of mine.
Posted Image

Overall, it's a very rewarding hobby which has taught me a lot about patience. I love doing it. Plus, it funds my paintball hobby quite considerably!

All the best,

Jake

This post has been edited by redarmy27: 27 April 2010 - 07:20 PM

"I think I'm going to make a broad patent on "crap". Then SP will have to pay me royalties for every marker they make." -JerseyPaint

98% of Teens today have smoked Pot. Only 2% have not. If you are one of the 1% that think these Statistics are bogus... put this in your signature!
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
~~Put this in your sig if you are a christian baller~~

My feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...'s+feedback

#2 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:23 PM

I used to do that a little. I played an old game called Mordheim
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#3 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

That is something I could never do...but great looking work anyways, my hands are big and clumsy for doing something like that.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#4 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:49 PM

I have done a few of these. Its lots of fun, but hard when you have to keep packing up your stuff because you dont have a designated spot to do them. Thats why i put mine away. Over the summer, i plan on painting more. I like the mech's
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#5 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

only the most super geek types would be caught dead doing something like this. I mean serisoulsy, painting little fantasy dudes be it past or far future. You would have to be some kind of anime loving nerd with no hopes of getting a girl by any legal means to want to have this as some sick sad and depressing hobby.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#6 User is offline   redarmy27 

• Get a good look now, you won't see me later.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:redarmy27

Posted 28 April 2010 - 03:46 AM

View Post1-I, on Apr 27 2010, 11:22 PM, said:

Nice!!! I love the overkill one!

I honestly thought you were slamming me for a minute because I didn't realize it was a link on my iPhone, but when I got on my laptop I could see it was. Haha, I got a good laugh out of it.

It's an incredibly fun hobby, and these are only the smallest that I paint. I do paint military models as well, but they're a larger scale. It's pretty fun to make a Tiger Tank look as close to the real thing as possible. I should make a paintballer....

Jake
"I think I'm going to make a broad patent on "crap". Then SP will have to pay me royalties for every marker they make." -JerseyPaint

98% of Teens today have smoked Pot. Only 2% have not. If you are one of the 1% that think these Statistics are bogus... put this in your signature!
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
~~Put this in your sig if you are a christian baller~~

My feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...'s+feedback

#7 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:38 PM

I'm not putting up any pictures of mine now...they're not nearly that good.
I'll put some pictures up when I get home next week (that's where they all are). I have some Tau and Chaos Space Marines. The Tau have a Tartan pattern theme :P

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#8 User is offline   Mudbucket 

• Shigiddywhat?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mudbucket

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:46 PM

Those all look amazing.
I'm a big fan of Warhammer and WH40k. But sadly I have a terminal case of the stupid fingers so I can't get into the painting aspect of the miniatures.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result.” - Sir Winston Churchill

“Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever. ” - Baron Munchausen

#9 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:28 PM

i have to get some pics of my stuff up here. im a rabid 40k player, have been since 02'. my first army was black templar space marines, then i went into dark angels, then necrons, then tau, and now im set with guartd, both armored company, and a normal guard force. i'm a complete treadhead, i admit.

for those of you hesitant about the amount of detail you can throw down, dont worry. it's actually MUCH easier than it looks. it's simply a matter of layering details one after another. first you spray your primer coat, then paint on the basic armor color. next you add trim, then a contrasting color, then add some detail to the faces, guns, etc. then correct mistakes. after all that, you put some ink on a brush, rub it on whatever you want to look uber detailed, then blot it off with a paper towel. BOOM... uber nice model.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#10 User is offline   Chem Daddy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chem Daddy

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:59 AM

Great paintjob on the Paladin! I've been painting miniatures on and off for nearly 20 years and none of mine look anywhere as good!
Back off man! I'm a scientist!
Pumps rock.

#11 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

got any pictures? im putting mine up in a few days.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users