• You cannot reply to this topic

First Strike Loader Possible Problems

#1 User is offline   Cyclone 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CyClone

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

Hey guys, so I watched the recent recon live video up in the media section and it got me thinking about First Strike rounds. The accuracy that was achieved was in my opinion, very impressive. Now, I've seen people use them at my local field but admittedly, trying to hit people at long range with a pistol never seems to work. I googled kits to use them on other markers and have not come across any.
I think I could create one for a lot less than having to buy a Tiberius marker. That way people with other brands of markers would have the opportunity of using the ammo (Test would be with an A5 or Pro-Carb). My 2 main questions are:

A) Will the first strike rounds even work out of a standard .68 barrel (or say .689 which i think is the largest?)

:P IF I did get the loader to work, would I be S.O.L. if Tiberius came a' knockin.

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

#2 User is offline   Zz Loth zZ 

• Wellst Obviously We Have a Rapist
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZZLOTHZZ

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

View PostCyclone, on 03 August 2010 - 09:04 PM, said:

Hey guys, so I watched the recent recon live video up in the media section and it got me thinking about First Strike rounds. The accuracy that was achieved was in my opinion, very impressive. Now, I've seen people use them at my local field but admittedly, trying to hit people at long range with a pistol never seems to work. I googled kits to use them on other markers and have not come across any.
I think I could create one for a lot less than having to buy a Tiberius marker. That way people with other brands of markers would have the opportunity of using the ammo (Test would be with an A5 or Pro-Carb). My 2 main questions are:

A) Will the first strike rounds even work out of a standard .68 barrel (or say .689 which i think is the largest?) I'm pretty sure the largest is actually closer to .695, and yes, you can fire a FS round out of a regular barrel (I'm 98% sure of it). Don't take my word for it, before you invest too much money, go out and buy a tube of FS rounds, and mess around with them.

:P IF I did get the loader to work, would I be S.O.L. if Tiberius came a' knockin. What do you mean? I don't think you could get in trouble with Tiberious, if you made a loader that could fire their FS rounds.

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

#3 User is offline   Cyclone 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:29 PM

Yea I'm probably going to go out and buy a tube of them first to see exactly what I'm working with. (Theory only goes so far haha!)
What I meant earlier was,was if Tiberius had some sort of copyright for the FS rounds/specific loaders if I say wanted to sell the loader.

#4 User is offline   Zz Loth zZ 

• Wellst Obviously We Have a Rapist
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZZLOTHZZ

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

View PostCyclone, on 03 August 2010 - 10:29 PM, said:

What I meant earlier was,was if Tiberius had some sort of copyright for the FS rounds/specific loaders if I say wanted to sell the loader.

Ah, yeah, I'm not sure about that.. You would definitely need to be careful and read up on all of the legal stuff first.

#5 User is offline   coveringfire 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

the problem is getting them to load fast and reliably, because they fit fine. i've seen quite a number of people take of their feedneck and just manually load them one a time. this was with tippmans.
Stalking since '06, Postin since '09, Playin since '04. Feedback
At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained the antidote.

#6 User is offline   Cyclone 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

Yea my idea is "pretty simple" and I will put some pics up if it actually works. Got a lawyer in the family so if i get a "you can't do that" then I guess personal use only.

#7 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:58 PM

Well I saw someone do a sideways 5 round tube, which they just rolled into the breach ( which was cut to allow the fin)
It worked pretty well

It was a PGP which top was cut off, then basically re-welded sideways and with the back portion of the "tube" heated and slightly streched to once again make room for the fins.

Gravity rocked it sideways and he cocked it into the breach.

#8 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:17 PM

I doubt tiberious would be that mad. If you started making more first strike rounds of your own and selling them maybe... If you sell it you may have an issue, but again I doubt it. It'll make tiberious money in the long run and it would be your own design anyways.

the first strike rounds do fire out of normal .68 barrels, the issue is just making a loader that will load them the right way (fins at the back obviously). Once you figure that out everything else should work fine. You may have to modify the breech of your guns a little though.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#9 User is offline   Cyclone 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:43 PM

Ok, so I went out to the home depot today and bought a bunch of cheap sheet aluminum. Cutting everything by hand kind of sucks but oh well. I'm starting to run into a number of different problems. Realistically the loader would require eyes in order to function at high ROF. Another is going to be the parts I would actually use on a field. The prototype i have is pretty damn big so I can move/remove things easier.

I'm going to hit up Radio Shack tonight for some small motors. Hopefully I don't get too far over my head.

Would eyes create an unreliable system, in terms of them breaking and having to replace them?

#10 User is offline   Cyclone 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

Modest Progress. Here's a big question which I think feedback from you guys would help a ton with. How many FS rounds would/should the loader carry in order to be practical??

I know we are used to having multi-hundred round hoppers sitting on our guns, but to pull that off with FS rounds you'd need to be spending some serious cash. So in this case should it be, "less is more" or go big with a "guns blazing" load?

#11 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:01 PM

Well if your spending like 10$ per ten shots, I doubt many want to blaze away. I'd figure optimal amount around 50 should be good.
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users