Michigan Monsta Game July 25/26 Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Beccolter

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:09 AM

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Jun 3 2009, 08:07 PM, said:

Becc you flying in again? If so are you traveling with your tanks or shipping them ahead? If you are traveling with them I can put the regs and valves back on them again this year.

yup. still cant drive *SIGH*

whether i ship or fly with em the regs gotta come off, so ill keep that in mind

im really not looking forwards to shipping my gear again, its such a pain... think im shipping minimal stuff and buying a new anything that breaks.

View PostTyTy, on Jun 3 2009, 08:12 PM, said:

The Michigan series makes me kinda nervous after last weekends open play. The crew I hang with at our field (owners and the field's team) go every year and said that last year there was a guy shooting frozen paintballs around 400 or 500 fps. This big guy we call "Dog" got hit in the neck and chest with one and went down gasping for air and the ref had to shield him from the incoming volley. This other kid named Andy Lee got shot by a paintball shooting so hot it went right through his pod!?! It made a hole in his pod? They caught the player and banned him for life apparently. I know these guys pretty well and they aren't messing with me. Reminds me of some other stories I've heard about Splat-Tag and some other fields. Guess it just happens at big games.

Regardless I'm going to make it to some of these this year!

-Ty

its a big game, things like that happen at big games. refs are spread out (you can NEVER have enough5 at a big game, ive reffed a few). Cheaters come because they know that. You just have to be willing to put up with it, and trust that the refs are doing everything they can to prevent it/catch people like that. For me, the fun still outways the occasional pain.
Down here in NH, I had a friend get shot in the back of the head with a ball bearing. That was my favorite one I think. He got a concussion, and a few people got to the guy before the refs could... lets just say we were calling more than one ambulance.

As far as FPO goes, im totally against it. It is ONLY done to make money. We have a no oil-based/wallmart paint rule at our field, and it works perfectly. Plus the proshop offers options, with paint ranging from 45 for heat to 65 for allstars. I really like to have an unusual colored paint so I know who I shot. And I like to be able to choose my paint. I HATE putting anything but marbs through my pump. I wouldnt mind so much if Hells Survivors would give you options on what you buy. But theres only one, and its rediculously overpriced. That bothers me. You can freeze field paint and bring it back just as easy as you can freeze anything else. Not to mention, they already disproved the whole freezing paintballs myth- anything shooting that fast will hurt. Anythiung thats sat for a long time will hurt. Freezing just makes the shells brittle.
/rant

#17 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:06 PM

View PostBecc, on Jun 8 2009, 11:09 AM, said:

View PostDark Shadow Hunter, on Jun 3 2009, 08:07 PM, said:

Becc you flying in again? If so are you traveling with your tanks or shipping them ahead? If you are traveling with them I can put the regs and valves back on them again this year.

yup. still cant drive *SIGH*

whether i ship or fly with em the regs gotta come off, so ill keep that in mind

im really not looking forwards to shipping my gear again, its such a pain... think im shipping minimal stuff and buying a new anything that breaks.

Well your cousin should still have my number. If not let me know. Like last year we can meet at the field and if anyone of the tanks becomes a pain we can take it to my garage and use the bench vise.

#18 User is offline   Stret 

• The Nativeness
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stret

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:09 PM

View Post1-I, on Jun 1 2009, 03:36 PM, said:

yup, wont be their,
going down latter this month for Global but kinda wish it was MMG.

You know I should check back here more often, Bob.
But you will die next time I see you.
There needs to be more "1-i Stret Time" on that field!

But yeah, Great Lakes Rangers will be there, as well as myself.
Not sure how many of us will be attending, though.
(go red)
Native Style

We Think Our Sponsors Are Cool: Tippmann(X7) l Crossfire Tanks l Smokin' Products l Coca Cola: Grand Rapids, MI

#19 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

I kind of hate my life. I accidentally booked all my hotels for june instead of july. lost a couple hundred bucks so i have to work the whole week before i leave, no clue when ill pack. oh well

#20 User is offline   Stret 

• The Nativeness
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:58 PM

That stinks, hell I haven't even made reservations yet.

But I'm a little surprised in the response this year. I mean in the past there has always been a nice response in this forum for the Michigan Monster Game.
Like straight up pages upon pages of responses.
Native Style

We Think Our Sponsors Are Cool: Tippmann(X7) l Crossfire Tanks l Smokin' Products l Coca Cola: Grand Rapids, MI

#21 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:04 PM

Yeah there's been a pretty standard decline.
06 there was 16ish pages (@40 posts per)
07 - 9
08 - 5
09 - 1

#22 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 11 July 2009 - 01:22 PM

slow times

buy why would any of you want a hotel when bruin lake has a lake and clean bathrooms.
the cost of one night in a hotel is about the same as the weekend in bruin lake plus it has a lake.
you can walk in full gear and no one will care. think of all the time you can save by not undressig to get in the shower then washing your gear later on.

and stret, im concerned about this "stret 1-i time"
maj tom might get jealous
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#23 User is offline   JJaxx 

• Sneaky S.O.B.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JJaxx

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:45 PM

I will be there this year. Didnt make it last year and really missed it. (darn sprained ankle) I will be going red!
My Feedback!
Team Capt. of Shadow Force. "Fear the shadows"

#24 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:56 PM

View Post1-I, on Jul 11 2009, 04:22 PM, said:

slow times

buy why would any of you want a hotel when bruin lake has a lake and clean bathrooms.
the cost of one night in a hotel is about the same as the weekend in bruin lake plus it has a lake.
you can walk in full gear and no one will care. think of all the time you can save by not undressig to get in the shower then washing your gear later on.

and stret, im concerned about this "stret 1-i time"
maj tom might get jealous

im camping the weekend,and i think we got 'lake' thje 4th time you said it. lol. but im in mi for 8 days.

currently im sitting on PKJ's bed in WA with a broken rib, but im so gonna play anyway

#25 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:11 PM

Im going again, took me forever to find this thread with such little activity. Anyone walking the field friday? Ill be there because i was too poor for pre reg.

I saw becc last year , hopefully ill run into some more this year. Bringing a bunch of guys with me for the red militia.

Hey stret tell fox that he needs to play a game with his fellow fsu ballers too.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#26 User is offline   Stret 

• The Nativeness
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:35 PM

Yeah, how's our boy Fox doing up at Ferris?
You're bound to see him though, we tend to chill at the big tree near the end of the staging area (pretty much the only tree there).

1-i, we can give him JJAX for the time being. He can get very frisky.
Native Style

#27 User is offline   trustme 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tippywoodsballin

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:55 PM

I be there playing for yellow as usual on sunday, got my new rotor excited to try out.
setups=BT TM-7, Double Trigger, Lapco 12" apex ready, Apex barrel, Rotor
Infinity legend, 68/45, cp reg, new designz asa

#28 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:59 PM

Fox is doing good, he needs to attend a few more meetings lol. Ill stroll over t the only tree.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#29 User is offline   Stret 

• The Nativeness
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 July 2009 - 11:48 AM

Well, I had a feeling we were going to win again until we were hosed every quarter after the first.

But yeah, the first day wasn't all that interesting for me to be honest. I was stuck in the back 40 the whole time shooting through brush. I made a few pushes here and there with my team, but not enough to keep it interesting.

Day 2 started off waking up 3 hours late and getting to the field at 9 in the a.m. I wasn't able to snag a hotel for the weekend, so I drove 2 hours Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Granted, I missed the initial insertion and found myself playing the back 40 some more, but on a more interesting note. I can't really remember what happened though. 4th quarter I made the initial insertion with a handful of RagTag and DeltaOps into the Village. It was straight up 15 of us trying to hold that thing. It didn't work. I was shot in the back and as I was walking, off a freaking horde of yellow rapped us from the front.

I can only recall meeting up with Maj Tom and JJAXX. Didn't get to play with them though.
Oh and I saw another ridiculous Indian mascot for a paintball team :)

This post has been edited by Stret: 28 July 2009 - 08:51 PM

Native Style

#30 User is offline   Becc 

• Target
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:31 PM

View PostStret, on Jul 28 2009, 02:48 PM, said:

Well, I had a feeling we were going to win again until we were hosed every quarter after the first.

But yeah, the first day wasn't all that interesting for me to be honest. I was stuck in the back 40 the whole time shooting through brush. I made a few pushes here and there with my team, but not enough to keep it interesting.

Day 2 started off waking up 3 hours late and getting to the field at 9 in the a.m. I wasn't able to snag a hotel for the weekend, so I drove 2 hours Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Granted, I missed the initial insertion and found myself playing the back 40 some more, but on a more interesting note. I can't really remember what happened though. 4th quarter I made the initial insertion with a handful of RagTag and DeltaOps into the Village. It was straight up 15 of us trying to hold that thing. It didn't work. I was shot in the back and as I was walking, off a freaking horde of yellow rapped us from the front.

I can only recall meeting up with Maj Tom and JJAXX. Didn't get to play with them though.
Oh and I saw another ridiculous Indian mascot for a paintball team :dry:

haha. sounds mostly like my game... although i will say the second day was pretty awesome for me. i got sick of longballing and just started charging. painful, but ohhhh so much fun. Till that stupid bee crawled down my sock 15 minutes before game over that is...

Side rant: Does ANYONE, anyone out there have pics of me? PLEASE!

This post has been edited by Becc: 29 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users