• You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann Pistol Rate Topic: ****- 6 Votes

#616 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:18 PM

Hmm, I wonder if this is true with the TPX being taller around the muzzle area. I doubt this will be true though, or if it is, it would be a very tight fit, unless the holster was really lose.

I am still irked by the fact that it has a rail. Tippmann is catering to the minority of players who actually use a light on the pistol, and actually play at night. The only other thing you could put there is a laser, and those are not allowed at many fields, and in some cases like MI, are illegal to have on ANY type of firearm. I mean seriously who is is REALLY going to use the rail on the TPX?

#617 User is offline   Zamamee 

• something witty
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zamamee

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:03 PM

If you don't like it just dremel it off. They're putting it there for those that want it,if you don't want it, don't use it or just get rid of it.

I for one am excited for this pistol. I just hope it's a reasonable enough price that a college student can afford it :P

#618 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:00 PM

I am excited as well. However, I find annoying that Tippmann is catering to the minority on this matter. I do not like the fact that I have to modify a brand new marker because the manufacturer would not listen to the public. I am not saying eliminate the rail all together, but I think they should have made it removable. It would not be hard to change the current style rail to an ASA style rail. That would not catch on holsters as much, and be MUCH easier to remove, then you could just slide a current style rail on there. Sure, the extra rail may be $5 more, but the majority of people who do not want the rail would be less up in arms (no pun intended) about this. I know the people on MCB are definately not happy about the rail. I know you cannot make everyone happy, but a simple fix would most people on both sides of the argument happy.

All in all, when the TPX comes out, it will be a hit. I plan to buy two of them, even if I do have to warm up the bench grinder. At least I will get to read all the reviews for these from the first month or so they are out since I will not be buying my pair until after I graduate basic training in June.

#619 User is offline   Ecellg 

• Landing gear 25' from plane.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ecellg

Posted 23 February 2009 - 04:14 PM

^^ A month is not long enough to review a product IMO.
FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious This Next Year

#620 User is offline   EpShot 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:11 PM

i also am dissapointed in the rail. The only place i would want a rail is on the top for a reflex site(not planning on it, but i see zero reason for an underside rail)

This post has been edited by EpShot: 23 February 2009 - 08:12 PM

#621 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 February 2009 - 07:21 AM

View PostEcellg, on Feb 23 2009, 06:14 PM, said:

it really depends on how much the product is used....not how long a person owns it....

....as for the rails, i have a feeling that Tippmann is going to make MANY accessories for the pistol, and they will more than likely utilize the rails in place.....im thinking a rifle set-up similar to the T8/T9....

#622 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:45 AM

View PostCesar, on Feb 24 2009, 07:21 AM, said:

it really depends on how much the product is used....not how long a person owns it....

....as for the rails, i have a feeling that Tippmann is going to make MANY accessories for the pistol, and they will more than likely utilize the rails in place.....im thinking a rifle set-up similar to the T8/T9....

My thoughts as well.

I may pick up a couple in the future, really depends on price.

#623 User is offline   Stonewall 

• PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stonewal1

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:24 PM

View Postshadow_772, on Feb 24 2009, 10:45 AM, said:

View PostCesar, on Feb 24 2009, 07:21 AM, said:

My thoughts as well.

I may pick up a couple in the future, really depends on price.

That's what I've been hoping for too. That would solidify my choice to buy.
"My men may fail to take a position, but driven from one?, NEVER!!!!"
~Lt. General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson Confederate General~

#624 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:24 PM

View PostEcellg, on Feb 23 2009, 04:14 PM, said:

It is if you get your reviews from Agent Smith.

#625 User is offline   AgentSmith 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AgentSmith

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:19 AM

:P :D :laugh:
Never a truer word was spoke, Chaos. Most guns I get don't even make it in the house without me voiding the warranty in the garage on the way in. Plus my not quite 2 year old Miltec G2 has just had it's 15 case birthday...

It WILL fit in a TAG8 holster, but like Chaos said, having the co2 plug stick out of the holster will make a big difference in how you change co2 so a different style holster than most TAG8 models will be desirable. It's a little taller, but thinner so it evens out.

The plug is longer than a zeus type and made out of aluminum, I was considering mounting a tube on the underbarrel rail that would hold the co2 plug firmly(so I could stick it in there while changing), but I think a 'leash' like the feedplug on an old sheridan will be better in play since it will be easy to hold both the plug and the new co2 in one hand, since there's no tension on the plug once the gun is gassed out.
So the rail will be what I stop in the garage for. One thing I hadn't considered until recently is that they need those big bolts you see above the rail to make the front strong enough for co2 piercing, I think they figured since they had this big block there anyway, they might as well put a rail on it. Also, for every one of us who want that rail gone, there are a dozen voices yelling at Tippmann that not only do they want that one, but they want rails on the top and sides and everywhere else. Lots of people out there won't be satisfied unless the BOX IT COMES IN has rails on it too... :blink:

Rob

#626 User is offline   Infamous_51 

• official rock and roll clown
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:45 AM

I have a feeling one mod for the rail tippmann will do is have it so you put something on that holds a Co2 cartridge under it...Useful? I don't know it just popped into my head :laugh:

(Go sig yourself) Maybe I will...Maybe I will..........-Epic_fail

#627 User is offline   82ndx 

• Facta Non Verba
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:82ndx

Posted 28 February 2009 - 12:57 PM

Delay isn't a bad thing. I'd rather Tippmann take all the time in the world to release something rather than put it out there and troubleshoot the problems through it's customers.

I am excited for the release but still unsure if I will buy one. :/

#628 User is offline   Harry092 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Headshot_Harry

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:13 PM

Im thinking the same thing as you infamous. Perhaps Tippmann would make something like this

. It could be a system kind of related to the old agd 6 pack. It would allow you quickly change 12 g's out quickly, and still fit the whole mil-slim theme.

#629 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:10 AM

View PostHarry092, on Mar 1 2009, 04:13 PM, said:

Im thinking the same thing as you infamous. Perhaps Tippmann would make something like <a href="http://www.ryanumotoy.com/sample%20images/mk23.jpg" target="_blank">this

</a> . It could be a system kind of related to the old agd 6 pack. It would allow you quickly change 12 g's out quickly, and still fit the whole mil-slim theme.

Just have that thing hold 2-3 12grams already pierced, lol. Though counting your shots might get a little tricky. 100 shots, but you have to change 12 grams 3 at a time.

Although, with the stock barrel (not with that silencer like thing) it would look kinda cool.

#630 User is offline   AgentSmith 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AgentSmith

Posted 02 March 2009 - 06:29 AM

already on the drawing board guys,
idea #1. straight 4 pack lever action ala six pack.
Idea #2 4 pack with reversed Tiberius check valves modded in so the gun holds a charge when you pull any single 12ie out.

Not that a 78 degree turn is hard anyway, that's all the release is. We'll see once I get my hands on it!

Rob

This post has been edited by AgentSmith: 02 March 2009 - 06:29 AM

Share this topic:

• (58 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users