#1 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Aussie_bloke

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:28 PM

Posted Image

Ultralites

Having bought a full set of ultralites and fusions in 2005, and wearing the ultralites during summer and the fusions during winter recently the ultralites started falling apart at the seems, and the fusions were getting worn out in the knees, and I had ripped a rather large hole in the bum area whilst sliding into a base during an ASPPL event, so I bought some omnipat ultralites, fusions, coiled remote, head wrap and a dagger vest just to round off the little ensemble.

I am glad to see an integrated belt which loops around the entire waist of the pants in the omnipat range, instead of just the front section, on my old pair they only looped around the front half which would see them sliding down every time I knelt down. It’s good to see the stitching has improved in the omnipat range and that the new ultralites now come with a Velcro zip. The elastic waist is still there in the rear half of the pants, which will give some take for those with some junk in the trunk.

Onto the pant leg, in the old ultralites they had a draw string which I believe was a good idea, one which I believe shouldn’t have been messed with, to be honest it should have been made an elastic draw string with a toggle, I like the idea of the Velcro seem at the bottom as it will help putting knee pants, which previous ultralites didn’t have, however there isn’t much to tighten them up around the ankle, so I have had to modify the pant legs with a elastic loop with toggle, as I am paranoid about nasty crawling up my leg. Yes I should get over it however I just don’t like the idea of anything crawling up my leg whilst hiding in ambush….considering Australia has most of the creatures that make up a top 10 deadliest snakes/spiders etc Its something I am concerned about

back of the ultralites leg
Posted Image

My modification
Posted Image

On the jacket, I removed the Velcro patches, as I thought they were a little too big and stood out too much from the rest of the uniform…… I did put them to good use though on the elastic band on my dagger vest to prevent the Velcro pulling threads over time on the vest and on garments.

I had to remove the Velcro from one of the back pockets as I use this to store a barrel swab during play, good idea if you have to take your wallet or keys onto the field though….which I might have to do when traveling events. Also the front pockets have Velcro on them to help prevent anything falling out of your pockets.

I like the new collars on the neck and wrist, nice and tight and will help prevent the arms sliding up or nasty creatures getting in under your uniform.

Fusions.

I love the top good to see that special ops haven’t messed with the tops, and this time my omnipat top matches the pants perfectly, where as my spec ops digi fusions looked two different shades of green.

Great to see the neck and wrist cuff are now sporting the spec ops logo and are a lot tighter and will help the sleeve to stay in position.

The pants I would have liked to have seen an elastic drawstring on the bottom instead of the Velcro, fantastic to see the zip has gone from the back of the leg as this would commonly come undone during play. However still having that velco zip is great for those who put their knee pads on later when they get to the field…like I do.

Great to see the padded groin and knee protection are still there, with the Velcro button combination over the zip ensures your pants are going to fall down.

Also the adjustable Velcro side straps are still there which is great as it reduces the need for a belt.

The white stitching on the pockets and on the front I think could have been avoided, and stands out a little from the rest of the uniform. My first set of fusions, were a little long, but hey I'm a shortish kind of guy, on the new omnipats the fusion pants seem to be incredibly long!! So they will be incredibly baggy on me, which will be cool when diving and running around

The fusions, be it in spec ops digi or OMNIPAT make you look like one hell of a bushballer!!

dont make people a priority, who are only making you an option

#2 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:55 PM

very nice review

i still wont buy it :dodgy:
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#3 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 November 2007 - 11:17 PM

mind if i ask why?

#4 User is offline   commando kyle 

• Feel free to salute at any time.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Commando_Kyle

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:38 AM

Looks very nice. Good review too. Also, its good to see someone thats not afraid to customize their kit when there is something they dont quite like about it.

Im looking at picking up a set for play myself.
OIF '08 OEF '09-'10
Camo Bandits-"By Force and Valor"

#5 User is offline   ranger111133 

• the powdered sugar king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ranger111133

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:40 AM

ah i wish i could have a set of fusions.....to bad i'm only 14 and don't have enough money :P

#6 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:55 PM

Good review.

#7 User is offline   The Shepherd 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Shepherd

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:58 PM

I hope to get some for Christmas.

#8 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:19 PM

they were my chirstmas present to myself :)

#9 User is offline   Wanted 

• Team Iced
  • PipPip

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:42 PM

Ok, quick question that I've been wondering. How well does this stuff work in a green environment? Because all the pictures I have seen are in a non green area, and Florida its mostly green.

Official Sniper #31
Automaggot # 142

#10 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

View PostWanted, on Nov 27 2007, 09:42 AM, said:

Ok, quick question that I've been wondering. How well does this stuff work in a green environment? Because all the pictures I have seen are in a non green area, and Florida its mostly green.

Ill take a drive up to the national forrest..only 5 or 10 mins drive on saturday and take some photos for you, we have just had a heap of rain so should be nice n green

#11 User is offline   Wanted 

• Team Iced
  • PipPip

Posted 26 November 2007 - 07:12 PM

Cool thanks man that will help me a lot. :happy:

Official Sniper #31
Automaggot # 142

#12 User is offline   Ben. 

• CO HOST BLAST RADIUD WOODSBALL PODCAST
  • PipPip

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:06 PM

I took some photos of it in green enviro, and it works very well. seems to be able to blend into most colours.

considering Australia has most of the creatures that make up a top 10 deadliest snakes/spiders etc Its something I am concerned about
don't be a girl richard, just because you can't find that snake that is at our field, dosn't mean it wants to make friends with you.

This post has been edited by Ben.: 26 November 2007 - 08:07 PM

FOR ALL YOUR WOODSBALL COVERAGE OF THE SPPL AND EVENTS TUNE INTO BLAST RADIUS WOODSBALL PODCAST

#13 User is offline   ZACHARY 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:FastAttackZach

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:39 PM

Great review! Definitely going to get the OmniPat Ultralites this Summer.

-Zak

#14 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 10 December 2007 - 03:19 PM

Does this stuff work better than the old Spec Ops digi green?

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#15 User is offline   Aussie_bloke 

• Team Section 8
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2007 - 05:56 PM

im guessing it would depend on your environment, ive played in thick jungle here in australia in my fusions and everyone thought i was in a ghillie suit.

for my local field which is a dry dusty with scattered green environment yes omnipat works much much better

we played at another field with denser greenery but still with dry patches and dry pine through it on sunday and omnipats worked a treat out there

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users