• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

pure firepower what do you think Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   The Dakar 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 June 2008 - 07:44 PM

With positions, they really only work when you have a team. If you are playing with walk-ons or newbies you have to play the position that helps them the most.
In my expereince, that position is actually not as a back-field-player, but as a mid-field-player. AKA, SABER!
I hop from bunker to bunker, co-ordinating cover fire with newbies as I go to the next cluster&*%$ of them. Then I get them to cover fire as I move to the next bunker.
This seems to help them, as they see me move about the field and not get hit (most of the time!) as well as having them see that teamwork is needed ever for the experienced guys. Of course, what they don't understand is that the experienced guys need teamwork as much if not more than the newbies!
So try and get in the bunkers with them. Use the firepower while standing next to them! Inspire AWE and RESPECT in the eyes of a newb. Try to get them to move while you cover them. Repeat as needed.
I used to think:
"So what if you shoot 15bps, but I only need to hit you with one"
Then I learned how much fun it is to hit someone once every 1/15th of a second!

#17 User is offline   RedBarron12 

• RedBarron12
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:RedBarron12

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:30 PM

i like ramping esp at d-day. you have to shoot someone like 6 times for it to brake. this also takes care of cheaters because they know i'm not hesitant to shoot them several more times! i only shoot new players once and i do surender people. its more experinced players that tend to cheat. i'm a ref so this really ticks me off.
UGA Aftermath-Charles "Barron" Seiferd

My like new Infinity Legend for your Marq or Cash... PM for info

#18 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:33 PM

View PostRedBarron12, on Jul 23 2008, 08:30 PM, said:

i like ramping esp at d-day. you have to shoot someone like 6 times for it to brake. this also takes care of cheaters because they know i'm not hesitant to shoot them several more times! i only shoot new players once and i do surender people. its more experinced players that tend to cheat. i'm a ref so this really ticks me off.

the sad thing is that paintball is becoming more about how well you cheat, which i try not to do, but my feilds rules are hard to interpurt sometimes
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#19 User is offline   Pimpman 

• say hello to my little friend
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:swissblade

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:14 PM

positions are nice and all but they arent a guideline on how you should play. You should focus more on what works for you and communicating with your team rather than what position you play.

#20 User is offline   TheReaper 

• 5 Years and some months to go.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:hvyrifleman12345

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

I have my own unique playstyle, and I believe every play should develop his or her own way to play. For example, I'm 5'8", 160Lbs, and I ambush. 90% of my tactics is Ambushing, the other 10% is hardcore rushing/flanking. I'm a very quick player, i'm not fast, but I have quickness. I'm a 17 year old smoker who hardly ever excercises and off the line I can beat about 90% of my friends all of which never smoked a thing in their life. Also, I'm not very big. I'm stocky and slightly built, but I'm not tall. So I use that to my advantage as well. So, take your physical build, gear, and needs for the match all into account and develop your own personal style.

For example here's some attribute I associate with myself and it helped me get my playstyle in check...

Physical Attributes
Short & stocky - Easier to hide while prone
Quick - Makes be great of ambush and guerilla type tactics, also makes good for rushing.

Gear Related Attributes
Light load - I carry 2 or 3 pods plus my marker with on gun air which makes me faster, more agile, and more flexible
High ROF - Makes me very dangerous in CQB
Good Camo - Makes me VERY dangerous in woods

Field/Match Related Attributes
Brush - The field I play at is PERFECT for me, and theres tons of it
Lots of Players - Ambushing in a 2 on 2 is pointless, but theres ALWAYS at least 20 players there so I get to ambush a lot.
Word.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users