I. The Mission
I'm creating this thread for myself as a way to keep track of the various paintball builds, modificiations and tinkering that I do. The purpose of this thread is to track and keep information concering custom paintball modifications as well as tinkering tutorials, videos and methods. Ultimately, I hope that this thread will not only become a source of information to me, but to other memebers on the paintball community as well.
II. My Goals
The purpose of this thread boils down to five main points:
- To have a place to put my ideas on "paper"
- To store ideas and methods so that not only I can remeber and learn from them, but that others can learn as well
- To store useful information, ideas, and methods from other sites and people about paintball modifications
- To get feedback from other memebers
- To show off finished modifications
Before continuing I would just like to point out a few things:
I browse and learn from multiple paintball forums all the way from Spec Ops to Pbnation to Mcarterbrown. Information concerning modifications from all of these forums will be quoted and posted here. The information posted here will not always be one of my ideas or methods. I will merely quote and post it here to store it as useful information. Whenever possible I will try my best to give credit to the original source.
IV. My Methods
I am a visual learner and therefore a lot of my research and information contains pictures. In order to not take up space, I plan to post pictures to the second post of this thread, which will act as a gallery of sorts. This gallery will contain pictures related to my most recent projects or ideas. I will create a link to the first page of this thread in my signature so that memebers (and me!) can quickly return to the start of the thread. In order to save space I will remove the pictures (after a few days) and store them on a DVD. By creating a folder structure and keeping a good organization I hope to store all of the pictures on these DVDs. Memebers should feel free to ask me for pictures as I will gladly upload them upon request.
Secondly I hope to give credit to sources that I quote. At the top of each quote credit will be given in this manner: Forum, Username. For example:
I encourage others to use this same format, so that you can give credit to your source.
V. The Rules
- Conversation, discussion, etc. is allowed however keep your own builds limited to your own thread!
- I want and appreciate advice but please keep it civil
- Try and give credit to any sort of original source
- Keep pictures and other big files to minimum amounts
This post has been edited by Blitzen: 28 August 2009 - 07:52 PM