• You cannot reply to this topic

Smoke Grenade Safety

#16 User is offline   laxhawk 

• AT Commander Midnight Raiders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:LaxHawk

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:02 PM

i use smoke only at large scenarios, where it is actually useful. think about it. it really is not that useful to use in a 10 on 10 game, because you should already be close enough to not really have anywhere else to move unless you plan to bunker an opponent.

#17 User is offline   stolz 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STOLZ

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:06 PM

the smoke at d-day was crazy it was so thick you couldnt see anything, also alot of fires broke out because of the nades it was crazy.

#18 User is offline   sartek 

• Trained Shop Monkey
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SARTEK

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:24 PM

The EVHILL smoke grenades are a specialty smoke grenade. they do not work like most pyrotechnic smoke generators. The smoke is generated from a chemical interaction. The smoke given off is actually zinc chloride which can cause problems for people with respriatory conditions.

EVHILL is VERY expensive. I have the price lists if anyone wants them. All of there smoke grenades are shipped FedEx Hazardous, which is an additional $60 charge per package. One other thing.. DONT MENTION PAINTBALL if you do order from them. I made that mistake and got hung up on.

I do recommend the PB-200 Sportsman Smoke from Superior Signal. they make a fuse ignite and pull ignite version.
"I tinker, therefore I am" - Doc Nickel
DOT HazMat Geek, Airsmith, Tinkerer

#19 User is offline   ::SARGE:: 

• ::SARGE::
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sarge

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:33 AM

View PostDVLCHLD, on Jul 23 2006, 07:16 PM, said:

Wow. In the years I've been playing paintball I've seen ALOT of smoke being used and I've never seen anyone thrown to the ground and hand cuffed and arrested for arson. I've never paintballed with reckless idiots that start fires. I've also seen alot of orange smoke used and I've never seen search and rescue, police, or the fire dept show up. I guess I've just been lucky. I see alot of pictures in paintball magazines of people using smoke in paintball. I didn't realize it was illegal in some places.

Im not saying it happened, or that my team is irresponsible. Im just saying that when you live in a place that is prone to Brushfires, such as WV, then its better to play it safe. Neighbors can be edgy about smoke coming out of the hills. We just rather play safe than sorry. So that no-one gets edgy enough to inform the athorities and say, "HEY, Theres alot of smoke comming out of the woods".
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:38 AM

The smoke should dissapate faily quickly. Most smoke grenades generate smoke for upto 2 minutes.
If you are playin on a legal field then the authorities would know that smoke grenades may be in use. If you are playing outlaw, again, contact the proper autorities and any property owners in the area. Inform them that you will be playing in this area between times X and Y and that smoke grenades may be used. This will also give you a chance to check the forest fire risk levels as well. If they are too high don;t use the 'nades.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#21 User is offline   CRAZY RUSHER 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CRAZY RUSHER

Posted 13 August 2006 - 06:31 PM

wow.. i think the smoke nades would be sooo cool.... specially if u launched with the a5 nade launcher.... would have to be the pull ignition for that tho.... but neway.... i doubt the field i go to would allow them since it is on a navy base with campgrounds nearby.... even better yet, a military airfield!!! i can imagine it now....

#22 User is offline   youwish959 

• Baghdad Bob
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Youwish959

Posted 13 August 2006 - 11:03 PM

I lit two Mammoth smoke bombs off that were taped together a little two close too the bunker. It was all fine till the wind changed directions. Smoke came through ventilation holes in my mask and underneath. I was coughing uncontoably and had to throw off my mask so more smoke would not get under there and get stuck. I fell on the ground couhging. The guy behind me saw what was happening and rushed up and kicked it out of the way where it started a fire that he quickly stomped out. Luckily the opposition was experienced and saw that something was wrong and did not shoot. They started yelling at us to see what was wrong. I was completley immobilized and could not yell back, but the other guy on my team did and they came down to assist. Then my other teammate sitting in a bunker across the feild was wondering what's going on so he yelled to us so we told him to bring us a bottle of water. Luckily it was the day I had a case of them. I was out for the rest of that game and the next. If it were not for that guy in the bunker behind me who I was trying to bring up in the first place I would have been out for the rest of the day cause I would have been at the hospitla for smoke inhalation.

#23 User is offline   controller 

• Controller
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:CONTROLLER

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:18 AM

ya you definitely need to be careful. At IMO this year the smoke was AMAZING. It was a small cylinder made out of cardboard and had a pull pin. My friend has their website, soon as I get it next week I'll post it. The smoke was similar to CS gas in that it irritated your breathing but was MUCH milder. I accidentally threw one on a guys back that was shooting at my team. I felt like a jerk but he was fine and the cannisters didn't get very hot. I could hold one in my GLOVED hand and run with it while it was emitting smoke. (I don't suggest this to anyone).

Smoke can be effective and fun if used properly and safe.

#24 User is offline   special_k 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 August 2006 - 07:28 AM

View Postcontroller, on Aug 14 2006, 10:18 AM, said:

ya you definitely need to be careful. At IMO this year the smoke was AMAZING. It was a small cylinder made out of cardboard and had a pull pin. My friend has their website, soon as I get it next week I'll post it. The smoke was similar to CS gas in that it irritated your breathing but was MUCH milder. I accidentally threw one on a guys back that was shooting at my team. I felt like a jerk but he was fine and the cannisters didn't get very hot. I could hold one in my GLOVED hand and run with it while it was emitting smoke. (I don't suggest this to anyone).

Smoke can be effective and fun if used properly and safe.

frankly in a non-millitary envoirment I would be TICKED to have anything close to C.S. thrown at me.

That stuff SUCKS, you CAN'T breath or see because your eyes are burning and your about to throw up from it-that is unless your immune to it (some people are?) I suggest you not post that link. . .

#25 User is offline   aballalight2 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:aballalight2

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:21 AM

Thanks! This is really a big help.

#26 User is offline   Fallen 

• Rise with the Fallen
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:coyote kid

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:11 PM

The grenades at ION are very dangerous. A team member's father witnessed a man try to pull the pin out on one, but it was jammed and when it did come out the pin sliced through his gloves and down to his bone. The ones I have used always seem to be jammed and explode in my hands.

#27 User is offline   aquateenjunkie 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:aquateenjunkie

Posted 16 September 2006 - 09:23 PM

i made my own one time and they worked ok( for a first timer). the cheapest way i found is to just buy the "legal" smoke firworkes at the store. and duck tape them together.

one time i put 8 of the largest smoke "bombs" i could find and putem in an ammo can and rigged up a quickburn firework fuse . man it was awsome. it was the thickest stuff ive ever seen.
Chuck Norris, a cotton candy filled twinky and Aquateenjunkie walk into a bar. The building then immedietly explodes because it cannot contain that level of awesomeness.

Battlefront Paintball

Team Total Resistance

#28 Guest_TM SNPR_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 22 October 2006 - 12:11 PM

it would be kinda cool if they made some sort of portable fogger, i belive that those dont generate much(if any) heat at all. now i realizrethat the fogg generated by thaose arent much but it could help a little.

#29 User is offline   basketcase1222 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:basketcase1222

Posted 03 November 2006 - 10:57 AM

If any one would like to know how to make a smoke gernade, e-mail me!

Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace prepare for war

#30 User is offline   yukon9 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 November 2006 - 05:57 PM

good thread, kinda funny i was just comeing here to post a question if the generated heat, dont think im goin to get one now, thx for the info.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users