Special Ops Paintball: The Predator HUD system, by Trails of Doom! - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Predator HUD system, by Trails of Doom! Heads Up Display for Paintball using Google glass/iphone5 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   FreeEnterprise 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:53 AM

Few advancements in technology have the ability to change a sport, and every time new tech evolves to the next level. It opens the doors to new ideas that can change the way we use said tech.

I've been working on "shooting flat" for years, because I wanted to be able to film my shots, even way out there. And the "curve" of a normal paintball out of a barrel at 125 feet was too much to deal with. After figuring out how to use backspin to make paint fly the way I wanted with my MonsterSpin barrel. I then utilized my ZoomCam to capture it all on film...

But, what about being able to "sight" my targets while wearing a big mask that blocked any scope with good optics... I wanted a solution for this issue, that would be able to help me hit my targets even a LONG way off!

Enter new technology in the google glass. The ability to wear it UNDER my mask made it a viable option, but how to get my ZoomCam footage INTO my google glass became the next issue.

After many failures using other tech, I finally figured out how to hard wire into my phone motherboard the signal from my ZoomCam, so that the phone thought it was the onboard camera signal. I then added a microswitch to be able to choose between different zoom settings for close or long range shooting. Getting that signal to the google glass proved to be difficult and we had to go around their typical way of communicating, but we got it working!

Of course we had to develop our own app/software to do all of this, and luckily I have friends at Trails of Doom with lots of experience in this field. (and lucky for me, one of them just sold his company for major bank and had some free time to work on this "fun" project with me).

Without further ado, here is the Trails of Doom "Predator HUD" tactical target acquisition system. This system is NOT for sale, and was developed for fun to see if it was possible, and to have the first tactical HUD for paintball! Of course the video is simulated, as I can't record what my eyeball sees when playing... yet...

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZVtag58ZQGE

This post has been edited by FreeEnterprise: 01 April 2014 - 07:54 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users