• You cannot reply to this topic

How long? Until mask lens have to be replaced

#1 User is offline   Alexcaron700 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Trigger Alex

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:36 PM

I got my gun on Feb 2, my B-day,and want to know if the lens have an experation date? like if they arent as durable, and when I should get a new mask
Yes I found religion.
I found it to be completely worthless.

#2 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 27 December 2006 - 07:41 PM

most manufacturers say once a year regardless.

If struck by a paintball at close range, replace it immediately because there will be microfractures you can't see. And if you don't replace it, you really WON'T be able to see...after a paintball comes screaming through the lense, you'll be screaming to the emergency ward...

Once a year if no strikes to the goggle. Sun and weather degrade the lense in ways you cannot measure in the field or at home.
Immediately if struck in the goggle at say...under 20 feet (that's what I do) or if you took multiple strikes at 20' or more...like poked your head out and caught a 'rope' of paint.
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#3 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:34 PM

I have never seen an expiry date on any mask I've sold. However if the lens is discolored (yellowish) or stained or crack it's time.

#4 User is offline   Alexcaron700 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:36 AM

thanks
Yes I found religion.

#5 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 30 December 2006 - 10:48 PM

I have never gone a year where I haven't been hit in the goggles. All that aside the owner of the field I play at recommends at least once a year or after every six shot to the goggle lense. If you look in the owner's manual for your goggles there should be something about when to replace the lense.

#6 User is offline   laxhawk 

• AT Commander Midnight Raiders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:LaxHawk

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:53 PM

yeah, i go by the 1 year or 5 headshot rule. besides after that point, the anti fog starts to wear off, or the lense is too scratched to see.

#7 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:58 PM

I usually go about 6 mo or 6 headshots which ever comes first. But I can't find any lenses for my Avatars :panzer: .

#8 User is offline   Pzippy 

• Future Pope
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pzippy

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:01 PM

I've heard every six months, get a new one.
AO Search HEMOG

I WANT YOUR XBOX 360!

#9 User is offline   Alan 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:50 PM

Maj Tom, Compulsivepaintball.com should have replacement lens for your Avatars.
<!--coloro:#8B0000--><span style="color:#8B0000"><!--/coloro-->Ion - Trinity Rasta Body - Dye Airport in/off and Rail - AKA 2-Liter - Hybrid B!itch Grips - Tadao Raider Board - TechT L6 bolt - Empire Revolver Kit - Hybrid Headloc Feedneck - CP Roller Trigger
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->2004 AKA Viking - Delrin Bolt Pin - Fbm Sling trigger - Eyes - CCM Feedneck - Tadao Board- Sonic ASA/Hybrid Rail<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->Spyder Imagine Select [Homemade Low Pressure] - Drilled ASA - Drilled Valve - Polished Internals - Lightened+Polished Bolt - Lightened+Polished Striker - CCM Feedneck - SP on/off + S.rail - SP AA Barrel - Halfbacked<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#2F4F4F--><span style="color:#2F4F4F"><!--/coloro-->Polished Pre2k PGP - SP Wood Grips<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#10 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:38 AM

This depends both on what happens on the field and how you store your gear. Whether you buy a new mask or not instead of just a lens depends on the cost and quality of your mask. Most lenses are good for at least a year of normal use, unless you got lit up point-blank. Examine them for scratches. If you can still see well out of them after they've been properly cleaned, they're probably fine. It goes without saying that you should store your mask inside, out of direct sunlight.

Sometimes it just doesn't make sense to buy a new lens, and you'll be better off treating yourself to a new mask. If you bought a JT Spectra Proshield, for example, the mask costs around $25-$30, but a lens costs $17. After a year of use, you may be better off just getting a brand new Spectra that's nice and clean, especially considering the difficulty of changing the lens. Also, if you have a mask with very limited visibility (anything less than 260 degrees) you should consider upgrading. Believe it or not, there are still some genuinely awful masks out there that offer all the peripheral vision of a diving mask. If you've got one of those, replace it. Someone at the last scenario game I attended was very happy when I handed her my backup X-Ray to use instead of the horrible mask someone else had loaned her. That's saying something, too; the X-Ray isn't even a good mask.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 10 January 2007 - 11:42 AM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#11 User is offline   SHOOT EM UP GIRL STYLE 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHOOT EM UP GIRL STYLE

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:15 PM

woaaah. Ok, I know I'm canadian and all but my JT Spectra did NOT cost me 30$ it costed me 90$! ... now I'm all scared... I'm going to go check the product title and see if it is a spectra.
"Who I once was, you are. Who I am, you'll become" - skeleton.
The Great Meggorbskovich

#12 User is offline   SHOOT EM UP GIRL STYLE 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHOOT EM UP GIRL STYLE

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:53 PM

phew... its not, good. haha. Mine is a JT Flex-8.

I have yet to replace any of my lenses on my masks. I just bought this one so I probably wont until I notice scratches. (I keep my mask in a bag, with sleeping eye pad on its goggled area so it doesn't scratch)
"Who I once was, you are. Who I am, you'll become" - skeleton.
The Great Meggorbskovich

#13 User is offline   Alexcaron700 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 January 2007 - 07:54 AM

My mask came with my gun, a JT USA TAC-5 RECON, useless piece of ****, but now I have an MR-1
Yes I found religion.

#14 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 15 January 2007 - 04:37 PM

Yeah, I just bought myself a Flex-8. My Spectra has a major scratch in the lens. I decided not to replace the lens, but instead get a lighter, better mask. I may eventually replace the lens anyway, since it's still a good mask.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#15 User is offline   headhunter2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:headhunter2

Posted 16 January 2007 - 12:42 PM

I change mine once a year. I just replaced the lenses in my Cylus goggles this past Saturday. I took a head shot the weekend before and my lenses have hairline fractures in them now so I decided to buy new lenses. I am just glad that the old ones held up to the shot or I would have been in the Hospital.

As a reminder, Never ever put any kind of soap or cleaning product that is not made for paintball lenses on your lenses. The chemical make up of the cleaning agent can cause the lenses to weaken and that is a bad thing.
Invisible text club member #15 Every time you wipe paint God makes a new PETA member Adminion #12 My Feedback
If you play your own game of paintball using Spec ops as guidelines and not as "law of position", put this in your sig.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users