Special Ops Paintball: a-5 sniper - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

a-5 sniper poll w/ which barrel, stock, trigger, sight Rate Topic: -----

Poll: a5 modded (64 member(s) have cast votes)

which barrel?

1. lapco bigshot 12'' (11 votes [15.28%])

Percentage of vote: 15.28%

2. j&j 14'' (16 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. hammerhead 14'' (13 votes [18.06%])

Percentage of vote: 18.06%

4. flatline (8 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

5. smart parts linear 14'' (4 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

6. other (please name) (20 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

which stock?

1. car ajustable (15 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

2. comndo. stock (6 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. comndo. air thru stock (8 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

4. saw (2 votes [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

5. saw air thru stock (7 votes [9.72%])

Percentage of vote: 9.72%

6. no stock (11 votes [15.28%])

Percentage of vote: 15.28%

7. mp5 ajustable (2 votes [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

8. wire stock (1 votes [1.39%])

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

9. other (please name) (16 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

10. folding stock (4 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

which sight?

1. red dot (41 votes [64.06%])

Percentage of vote: 64.06%

2. scope (8 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. iron sights (stock sight) (12 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

4. other (please name) (3 votes [4.69%])

Percentage of vote: 4.69%

what trigger?

1. stock trigger (26 votes [40.62%])

Percentage of vote: 40.62%

2. response (7 votes [10.94%])

Percentage of vote: 10.94%

3. e-grip (24 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

4. double (5 votes [7.81%])

Percentage of vote: 7.81%

5. other (please name) (2 votes [3.12%])

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

other ups

1. cyclone ups (please list) (19 votes [29.69%])

Percentage of vote: 29.69%

2. x-chambr (4 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

3. a-5 a2 grip (16 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. no other ups (16 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. other please name (9 votes [14.06%])

Percentage of vote: 14.06%

Vote

#1 User is offline   ARCHSHOOTER 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ARCHSHOOTER

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:10 PM

im looking to build an A-5 sniper and i just need to know what upgrades i should get for it.
i just simply need to know whats best for upgrades in these categories.

This post has been edited by ARCHSHOOTER: 08 April 2008 - 04:38 PM

"guns kill people like spoons made rosie o'donel fat"
facebook addict. please contact me on facebook if you have one.
christian paintballer
Put This In Your Sig if You Work Long And Hard For Your Paintball Money

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:53 PM

-Lapco Bigshot (I actually prefer the Autospirit - most paint tends to fit it better) It's a solid barrel from a well liked company. Lapco always has put out straight up quality. Every barrel they release is consistent and perfect on the inside. Also consider Palmer's brass barrels.

-I never really like stocks, particularly the mil-sim ones. An air tank in the bottomline position will be just as stable and won't be in the way of your mask. If you really want to run remote, consider a gas through "T" stock. Their light, stable, inexpensive and don't get in the way.

-Just go with your iron sights. Red dots are nice if you have a problem with your iron sights, but for the most part you don't really need anything extra.

-Definately go with the stock trigger. If you really feel like your are always being out gunned and can't do anything about it you can try an RT. I've never felt like I needed anything besides a single trigger, even when up against fully automatic electros. People are too into upgrading firepower rather than just altering their play style and working with what they have.

Using CO2? I highly recommend using a Palmer's Stabilizer. Consistent pressure going into your marker is essential to having consistent velocities, particularly in more extreme conditions. It also helps to keep liquid out. Because Tippmann's are not regulated markers, adding a regulator helps incredibly. Don't bother with expansion chambers, Tippmann's inline blowback is extremely tolerant to it. They're more useful on markers like Automags which are already regulated and liquid intolerant. A Palmer's Stabilizer helps solve liquid CO2 problems anyways.

Some people highly recommend squishy paddles, but I don't really think their necessary. As long as your not using old or fragile paint the normal cyclone is plenty good.

Have you already purchased the A-5? Their not bad markers, but the problem is that depend on people modifying or "upgrading" them. Price out your options and see if it's really worth it. People can easily spend twice what the marker is worth on modifications when they could have just bought a nicer marker to begin with (one that doesn't need to be modified). You don't really need anything besides a marker to be a "sniper". You can spend thousands of dollars buying every modification for an A-5, but your accuracy and effective range will still be just about the same as everyone else's.

This post has been edited by Piller: 23 February 2008 - 06:59 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 23 February 2008 - 07:14 PM

Flatline works well if you take the time to get it in the groove.

Red dot sight of course, this is paintball kiddies, not sniper school.

Folding stock= mobility + stealth + low profile.

SpecOps Chuck Norris America

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 08:08 PM

heres my set up

a-5
stock cyclone
3.5 magnification scope
dogleg air thru stock
smart parts 16 inch proggressive barrel (new version ceramic and teflon coated
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#5 User is offline   jiu-jitsu fighter 

• Would you rather me barrel tag you or choke you unconscious
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jiu-Jitsu Fighter

Posted 23 February 2008 - 10:35 PM

OK I know this isnt the most fancy setup. If I was going to do my own a-5. I would do this

14" dye ultralite
a-5a2 foregrip with the slot cut out to run the tank under the gun (I dont like remotes)
commando stock
the pro-tac thing to use instead of the hopper (a cheaper alternative is just to use a pod lid)

Then I would consider a small scope used for spotting not for aiming. Also I would just use the regular stock trigger because the responsive and electronic is really not neccessary.

This post has been edited by jiu-jitsu fighter: 23 February 2008 - 10:35 PM

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

My feedback

#6 User is offline   RAYC22B 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:John Hatcher

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:00 AM

Yeah i really like the j&j barrels. But as far as stocks go i think it would be what fits you the best.

#7 User is offline   SO-BraveDog 

• my phone# 1-773-509-5027 :]
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:X7Sabre

Posted 25 February 2008 - 02:16 PM

barrel= hammerhead or J&J
stock= car or short wire
sight= red dot
trigger= response trigger
other= x7 cyclone, a5a2,Ttech squishy paddles, vortex mod, and palmers stabilizer.
Let All Snipers Unite Under One Banner
(Stealth, Patience, Honor)
Official Sniper #1
I'm a christian paintballer - Isaiah 40:31
Sp-1 Owner #1
SP-1 Sabre/Sniper

#8 User is offline   McCoy 

• Ghost Leader 101
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Leader 101

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:16 AM

You should go with a Stiif! or a C-series barrel. Quite Light, And Accurate. I have the C-series and I love it.
Commando air thru stock, take your air off gun, light and really nice. gives it a more sniper look.
Red Dot for quick aim, besides they have a lot of different one from size to zoom acapable.
Stock Trigger, You don't need nothing fanncy, if you want get a double. but if your a sniper all the rest is a waste of $$$
the ups- Cyclone ups, saves you air, longer lasting than stock parts.
Power tube- Saves air, more accurate, replace stock and longer lasting.

#9 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 07:23 AM

I went with:

J&J
dogleg air thru
iron sights
Egrip
A5A2 Grip

if you are trying to conceal, have your tank on remote will let you get under low lying branches, in around boulder, alot more comfortably without thinking of damaging your HPA tank.

Iron sights because the dogleg will take care of that for you. Practice. also, a reddot is just one more thing to get snapped or reflect your position.

A5A2 Grip, will be more comfortable when prone.

Egrip, yeah, Egrip. If I am lying in cover and 3 guys walk down the path, chances are they are not shoulder to shoulder, they will be spread out and ready. I would rather be able to spray them all down, eliminate them, and then save my "One Shot, One Kill" mentality for the right time.
My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You
My Profile Friend's List, who wants on?
"Calm you down? Done. Enjoy your vacation."- PuzumaClick the link

#10 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:22 PM

My sniper setup (A-5 version)

Sly barrel kit
Airthru dogleg stock with foregrip
Stock trigger
BSA green dot sight
Remote
HPA
All cyclone ups
x7 hopper
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:31 PM

i have a c series, and that shoots darts. that should be your first upgrade with a tippmann, is the barrel. maybe a red dot, if you hate your stock sights. probably not a stock, because its hard to get a feel for the marker, and gets in the way IMHO. as for triggers, for a sniper, stock will be good. and anything else, you should get a low pressure kit.

#12 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:57 PM

View PostPiller, on Feb 23 2008, 05:53 PM, said:

Using CO2? I highly recommend using a Palmer's Stabilizer. Consistent pressure going into your marker is essential to having consistent velocities, particularly in more extreme conditions. It also helps to keep liquid out. Because Tippmann's are not regulated markers, adding a regulator helps incredibly. Don't bother with expansion chambers, Tippmann's inline blowback is extremely tolerant to it. They're more useful on markers like Automags which are already regulated and liquid intolerant. A Palmer's Stabilizer helps solve liquid CO2 problems anyways.

Explain this whole paragraph to me.
How does a Palmer's Stabilizer keep liquid CO2 from going into your marker? How does a regulator control liquid CO2 from getting into the marker? Why is an expansion chamber not beneficial? How is a tippmann tolerant to Co2?

Enlighten me.

Liquid CO2 is stable, gaseous CO2 is stable, it is the transformation from Liquid to gas that is instable...

This post has been edited by JKLNHYD: 04 March 2008 - 09:59 PM

My senior member list, Pm me if you think you should be on it. PUZUMA Tyler MurderDeathKill Animal Mother BlackOpsghost Evil Finger Uwannago Weapso Tyger Dr. Wiggy The Stuntman Cops911 Riddick Twistedpsyche Custom Cowboy CamoDeafie Redleg64 ClumsyNinja DigitalPirate Slinkyaroo The Dirty Samurai Neo Enhander AirHOg shadow 772 LONGBOW deltapaintball Styro shadowlord Gunslinger7 Enders War Prodigy evillepaintball Deus Wolf Rifleman ghost93 luke-inator
My New Homie List. PM me
agentM192 nos4atu florentine PhantomAssassin thebostinian T-Freak Ka1iBuR StealingYerMail Not You

#13 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2008 - 03:53 PM

Palmer's stabilizer functions somewhat similarly to an expansion chamber in that it has an area where CO2 can expand as well as a log of surface area for CO2 to warm up - but that's really where the similarities end. It's easier for liquid CO2 to exist at higher pressures. That's how liquid oxygen is created (just under more extreme levels). Stabilizers will generally regulate the pressure of CO2 down to the point where it still works on the marker but in doing so it also makes it far more difficult for liquid CO2 to exist. It's a very well designed regulator and many will testify to it's ability of keeping liquid CO2 out.

Expansion chambers under ideal conditions do what they are supposed to. They keep liquid out by giving CO2 more volume to expand and surface area warm up. However, once expansion chambers become flooded with liquid they lose what they were intended to do. They also do not regulate the CO2 going into the marker meaning you will still experience the effects of temperature change. On cold days you still experience shoot down and on hot days you can still get hot shots after the bottle warms up.

Tippmanns are tolerant to CO2 because of their construction and valve system. They use rugged materials and seals that are capable of withstanding the higher pressures of CO2. While both liquid and gas are stable, they still are constantly undergoing change. As you fire, ideally only gas will leave the air tank and propel the paintball. This drops the pressure in the tank. Due to the drop of pressure liquid inside the tank vaporizes into gas and restores pressure to what it once was. However, this transition produces a cooling effect and chills the tank reducing its output pressure. This all happens pretty much as fast as lighting. The gas is stable, but it's pressure isn't. It is particularly hard to keep the pressure at operating levels when it's cold out. That's why many people with blowback markers used to run their markers off of liquid CO2 from a siphon tank. Instead worrying and doing all you can to keep liquid out, you can do the opposite and draw straight liquid in minimizing the pressure fluctuations of gas. The downside is that it isn't quite as air efficient and can be difficult in hotter temperatures to keep liquid CO2 as a liquid.
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#14 User is offline   JKLNHYD 

• OG Newb...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2008 - 09:19 PM

View PostPiller, on Mar 5 2008, 02:53 PM, said:

Palmer's stabilizer functions somewhat similarly to an expansion chamber in that it has an area where CO2 can expand as well as a log of surface area for CO2 to warm up - but that's really where the similarities end. It's easier for liquid CO2 to exist at higher pressures. That's how liquid oxygen is created (just under more extreme levels). Stabilizers will generally regulate the pressure of CO2 down to the point where it still works on the marker but in doing so it also makes it far more difficult for liquid CO2 to exist. It's a very well designed regulator and many will testify to it's ability of keeping liquid CO2 out.

The vapor rate of CO2 is 850 psi at 70 degrees. So, if you are using a stabilizer that is set at, let's say 850, you must be warmer than 70 to ensure liquid Co2 expands into the system. If you are getting on the trigger, this freezes the tank, causing the temp and vapor psi to go down, allowing liquid vapor to easily get through the 850 psi reg/stabilizer and right into the marker.

Expansion chambers under ideal conditions do what they are supposed to. They keep liquid out by giving CO2 more volume to expand and surface area warm up. However, once expansion chambers become flooded with liquid they lose what they were intended to do. They also do not regulate the CO2 going into the marker meaning you will still experience the effects of temperature change. On cold days you still experience shoot down and on hot days you can still get hot shots after the bottle warms up.

This is true more so on horizontal, "On Marker" tanks than on Vertical tanks using remote, unless the player goes prone whereas the tank become horizontal like an "On Marker" tank.

Tippmanns are tolerant to CO2 because of their construction and valve system. They use rugged materials and seals that are capable of withstanding the higher pressures of CO2. While both liquid and gas are stable, they still are constantly undergoing change. As you fire, ideally only gas will leave the air tank and propel the paintball. This drops the pressure in the tank. Due to the drop of pressure liquid inside the tank vaporizes into gas and restores pressure to what it once was. However, this transition produces a cooling effect and chills the tank reducing its output pressure. This all happens pretty much as fast as lighting. The gas is stable, but it's pressure isn't. It is particularly hard to keep the pressure at operating levels when it's cold out. That's why many people with blowback markers used to run their markers off of liquid CO2 from a siphon tank. Instead worrying and doing all you can to keep liquid out, you can do the opposite and draw straight liquid in minimizing the pressure fluctuations of gas. The downside is that it isn't quite as air efficient and can be difficult in hotter temperatures to keep liquid CO2 as a liquid.

Tippmanns are not tolerant to CO2 at all. Anyone running CO2 gets used to having a bunch of Orings and planning alot of down time. I have no idea what the Bold sentence means. So, from the bold sentence, you are saying that people are purposely sucking liquid into their markers? or their tanks?

This post has been edited by JKLNHYD: 05 March 2008 - 09:20 PM

My New Homie List. PM me

#15 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:10 PM

I would check your numbers - according to the navy's flow chart of CO2 pressures, at 75 degrees CO2 will be a little over 900psi (911psi to be exact). It won't stop liquid getting in all together, but many will attest to its ability to help against liquid even in <40 degree weather. Beyond it's ability to allow liquid to expand and then regulate that expansion of pressure I cannot explain how it works. You're welcome to email Palmer's and ask. Anyone who owns one will tell you that it does effectively keep out CO2.

Maybe it's just modern day Tippmanns being intolerant to CO2 because of their plastic power tubes. I used to run, as well as many others ran Tippmanns on straight liquid CO2. The Pro/Carbine's manual even gives instructions on running from a siphon tank and talks about how it will be more consistent when it's cold out. Pro/Carbines, some of it's predecessors like the later 68 carbines, as well as other blowback designs are certainly capable of running straight liquid CO2 from a siphon tank. Yes people will purposely suck liquid CO2 into their markers as an alternative way of powering the marker. Check out Montneel Designs' markers which where specifically designed to run on liquid CO2 and only liquid CO2.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users