• You cannot reply to this topic

Horizontal Bottle Pouch Need some clarification

#1 User is offline   Apexius 

• The Omnipotent
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Apex

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:37 AM

I need to find a good bottle pouch for a MOLLE vest, so I can run my air to the left or right. The SO Horizontal Bottle Pouch is cool, but I need some more info on it. Such as, is it MOLLE (what's interlock?). If anyone can help me find a good horizontal pouch, that'd be great.

-Apex
Your Mom wants to ride the Bull.....

#2 User is offline   Warwitch 

• Unconventional
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:42 AM

View Post^Apex^, on Aug 18 2007, 12:37 PM, said:

I need to find a good bottle pouch for a MOLLE vest, so I can run my air to the left or right. The SO Horizontal Bottle Pouch is cool, but I need some more info on it. Such as, is it MOLLE (what's interlock?). If anyone can help me find a good horizontal pouch, that'd be great.

-Apex

Interlock is their damn velcro attachment system. DOES NOT WORK WITH MOLLE!! I made the mistake of ordering a couple of their Vert. pod pouches much to my dismay. I shouldnt say they CANT work, I force-modded mine into place but something made for molle would def. work better. I got my tank pouch from Warsensor and its great, better design than the SO version but your only color options are black and arpat. And just a note, its made to put the air out to the right. If you wanted to mount it facing left you would have to get some molle clips to mod it. Hope this helps.

On a side note, this is the setup that works best for me. Super light and quick with only 3 pods on my back and the vert tank arrangement lets you play real tight to corners. I hate the way the regs stick out on horizontal tank pouches but most vert tank pouches are set too low, thats why I went molle. I had a SO Dagger vest and it didnt come close to what Im using now.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Warwitch: 18 August 2007 - 10:46 AM

When "pretty good" just isn't good enough...

#3 User is offline   Apexius 

• The Omnipotent
  • PipPip

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:50 AM

Yes, this helps. But if I want to find a good MOLLE Horizontal Tank Pouch in Multicam, or something that's compatible without too much work, where would I find it?

-Apex

#4 User is offline   Warwitch 

• Unconventional
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:04 PM

I dont think anybody makes one to be honest. The only company making any paintball pouches out of the stuff (Multi) is SpecOps as far as I know. If you wanted to trim down the vlecro strips on the SO pod pouches they would fit fairly easy, I just folded them and force-threaded it into the molle.

This post has been edited by Warwitch: 18 August 2007 - 12:07 PM

#5 User is offline   Apexius 

• The Omnipotent
  • PipPip

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:07 PM

Yea. I'll manage though. I always do. Can't be but so hard to find something that works.

-Apex

#6 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:08 AM

Try RAP4, unfortunately - joking. I've heard some good things about there soft goods. They have just what you want in what they call an "all terain" camo pattern. I'm assuming it's a crye knockoff, why wouldn't they call it multicam if it wasn't, but I don't know for sure. Notice they come in different sizes.

I purchased the vertical vest tank pouch also thinking it was going to be molle compatible not Interlock. I'm the reason they changed the description in the store for all that item based upon my conversation w/ MOATI at the time, it never said anything about Interlock back then. But, I did a similar mod to my vertical tank pouch w/ Interlock that Warwitch is refering to - I actually cut my strap down the middle making two 1" strips, then used a match to stop any fraying then fed them down thru two side-by-side ladder slots. The pouch now hangs upside down on the back of my molle plate carrier rig. I used some grimlock locking caribeaners to secure it further though, it's a 72/3k steely (a little heavier than a couple 140 rd. pods filled w/ paint). It works really great.

Yikes Warwitch - do you have enough camo patterns there! Or are you just trying to confuse the enemy? Let me guess, you have woodland pants & a marpat bandanna to complete the ensemble :blink:. Just messin' - there's love.

This post has been edited by ger: 20 August 2007 - 09:25 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#7 User is offline   Warwitch 

• Unconventional
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:13 AM

View Postger, on Aug 20 2007, 12:08 PM, said:

Yikes Warwitch - do you have enough camo patterns there! Or are you just trying to confuse the enemy? Let me guess, you have woodland pants & a marpat bandanna to complete the ensemble :ghillie:. Just messin' - there's love.

lol, yeah Im just trying things out for the time being. I just switched to Multicam about a week ago and SpecOps is out of the pod pouches. Unfortunately Warsensor doesnt make their bottle pouch in Multicam and I like it much better than the SpecOps one I have.

While we are talking bottle pouches, I dont think I have ever seen anybody else run a reverse-vert bottle setup like I am currently using. I got the idea while looking at my buddies firefighting gear and thats similar to how they run their air tanks. It dosent get hung up on stuff like it did when I had the horizontal arrangement.

#8 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:10 PM

Apex - Sorry to hijack the thread

Warwitch - I think I saw it on one of Lil'C's rigs (he has a bunch, as far as I've seen). I've never had it get hung up w/ the reg/remote hanging down like I would if it were up - going under branches or thru bushes, there's nothing to grab! A real advantage to running HPA vs. CO2. Congrats on going multicam - I'm working on going that way piece by piece as well. That's a really nice camelback, too bad it's in the ACU grey!
ger

#9 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:54 PM

for the interlock system, i believe my Blackhawk vest that was designed for Blackhawk Tactical system and ALICE might work........its got velcro on the back of the alice sized webbing, so if the interlock is in fact similar to it, then that would be useful :heart:

oh on topic, my Improved Buttpack (USGI) works good for me, guess its just that im used to buttpacks and stuff, its able to accept as small as a 72ci tank, to as large as possibly a 114ci (never tried it) and can carry 2 20 oz tanks as well if needed. :) but for MOLLE, the standard MOLLE buttpack will work as well, it can be woven onto the MOLLE backplate of a vest, and will be fine :) for a smaller tank, a 1qt canteen MOLLE pouch would work for a 45-68ci tank, but larger than that, nope.

This post has been edited by CamoDeafie: 20 August 2007 - 10:57 PM

Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#10 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:21 AM

View PostWarwitch, on Aug 18 2007, 01:42 PM, said:

Posted Image

Hey, which Camelbak is that?

EDIT:
Delta 5 Vest...right. You identified it in another topic.

This post has been edited by Slivers: 21 August 2007 - 08:34 AM

Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

#11 User is offline   cap4life 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:10 AM

If you need a horizontal MOLLE bottle pouch, call Spec-Ops (CORONER). He will get one made for you. I should be receiving one today. I can get pics of it if you want.

#12 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:54 AM

View Postcap4life, on Aug 21 2007, 11:10 AM, said:

If you need a horizontal MOLLE bottle pouch, call Spec-Ops (CORONER). He will get one made for you. I should be receiving one today. I can get pics of it if you want.

You can definitely contact Chad. He can do basically anything you want, as long as you have the $. The quality you would get from him would be unquestioned, but the price would definitely be higher than the $20 at RAP4.

CAP - Pics? Yes please!
ger

#13 User is offline   ranger375 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ranger375

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:13 PM

What color are you looking for ? If you are looking for OD Green, Tan, or Black I have your item right here:
http://www.cheaperth...41866-1978.html
I have one of these in OD Green and it holds my Crossfire 68/4500 HPA tank just fine.

Now if you want this in MultiCam, you are gonna have to pony up a little more cash since MultiCam is the "Armani" of the current military camo patterns. That same utility pouch can be found in the Multicam pattern here : http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFro...ount2=678077340 .
Look in "Multicam Camoflague Clothing & Equipment", "Multicam Military Equipment", and the item is called MulitCam Utility Pouch.

OPSGEAR sells this pouch also, but it is about $5-$7 more.

Hope this helps you. BTW, I am slowly building up my MC gear also.
Co-Captain
O.M.E.N. Scenario Paintball Team
Call-Sign "Badger"

Tippman 98C M4 Mod
Tippman 98 Pro E
Proto Matrix Rail
68/45 Crossfire HPA

View My Special Ops Brigade Page

#14 User is offline   2hyper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:litrifman

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:11 AM

If you want to run your tank horizontally, (I did) I took the standard OPSgear molle tank pouch and two small straps and mounted mine to the back of my camelback carrier works good. all you need are 2 1" straps long enough to go around the pouch, put your tank in the pouch and thread it through two of the molle strips on your vest or carrier, and the molle attachement points on the pouch, just like you would any other molle pouch. I hope this helps.
My car is fast, and my marker is faster, '06 MINI COOPER S, Tippman A5.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users