Special Ops Paintball: Most Compact Marker Under $100? Preferably Under $60? - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Most Compact Marker Under $100? Preferably Under $60? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   sup909 

• DynamicInterplay.com
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Sup

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:37 PM

So my family and my girlfriend's family (five brothers) have all thought it would be a great idea to do an annual family paintball outing. Most people have gone before once or twice but they think a once or twice a year outing where we all grill out and such would be fun. Now even everyone's wives are on board even though most of them haven't played before.

Now the husbands (brothers) are all mostly thinking of purchasing markers. Thinking to myself it might be a good idea if the wives can get their own markers as well. we all know how troublesome field rentals can be. So I was thinking that there are plenty of very cheap semi-autos out there online that can be had for as low as $40-50 that would be perfect for the wives. They are brand new, gives them some ownership and so forth.

I am not looking for anything with all that much accuracy or upgradability because really these things will be played upon once a year. A semi-auto mechanical I think is best as well since it is less for them to fool around with. With all that in mind I would like to find something that is as compact as possible.

Something from 32 degrees, VL or Brass Eagle immediately pops to mind. Also perhaps the Spyder Victor? Anyone have some good suggestions I may have missed?

#2 User is offline   Watchtower07 

• I am iron man.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sk8ergamer

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:40 PM

you can get a 32 degrees icon X for 40$ at paintballonline.com
"If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done."
Official Sabre #T
Tippmann Owner #84

#3 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:42 PM

go over to actionvillage.com and look around there, you could find some cheap stuff.
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#4 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:43 PM

I'd vote for the Spyder. They're pretty good starter guns till you start upgrading them. :laugh: I think that those would be perfect for your purpose. We have a guy here that uses a Spyder Victor w/ an old 100 round hopper for his son b/c of the light weight and ease of maintanence.

Aloha, Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#5 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:47 PM

View PostWatchtower07, on May 25 2008, 11:40 PM, said:

you can get a 32 degrees icon X for 40$ at paintballonline.com

actually this was my first marker, its really not that bad.
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#6 User is offline   Watchtower07 

• I am iron man.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sk8ergamer

Posted 25 May 2008 - 08:49 PM

mine too, yes it's actually not that bad.
"If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done."
Official Sabre #T
Tippmann Owner #84

#7 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:02 PM

Here's a kit that includes everything that they should need. I'd just recommend ordering barrel covers to replace the barrel plugs, they're safer.
Aloha, Doug
If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#8 User is offline   Mudbucket 

• Shigiddywhat?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mudbucket

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

I've seen large groups of markers on ebay from time to time. I've never really paid much attention to them. But its always something to look at...
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result.” - Sir Winston Churchill

“Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever. ” - Baron Munchausen

#9 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:16 PM

I&I sports is a nice place to find some pretty decent markers for anywhere between $35 and $100.

The biggest concern when looking at a marker under $100 is going to be it's build quality. You can kind of assume it won't be the quietest or most consistent marker out there - but what you want is something that isn't going to break down after only a few weeks of use.

They sell rebel xtremes for $50 and it's a pretty good deal considering the marker. They used to sell for about twice that, but since the model is a few years old they've come down in price. The quality of the materials used is a step up from a lot of other new markers currently in it's price range. They also come in black, green, red, and silver so you can let the wives pick their colors :laugh:

With a power feed, expansion chamber, and angled air source adapter they work very well when hooked up with a simple gravity hopper and plain CO2 tank. The barrels are actually polished which is a lot better than many other markers even in the $150 range can say. They also have a metal trigger and trigger fame - another quality many other markers in the price range don't have. With their mainbody being made out of aluminum they're pretty lightweight, a CO2 tank and full hopper will be what really adds on the pounds.

If you're interested: http://www.iisports.com/dept.asp?s=iispain...13912&pag=1
You can also get the package deal for $85: http://www.iisports.com/product.asp?s=iisp...p;dept_id=13921

This post has been edited by Piller: 25 May 2008 - 09:17 PM

Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#10 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:39 PM

well if you really absolutely need to have an uber compact marker, a PT Extreme could be picked up for about $90 or less.

If not. any STBB Spyder or knockoff can be had for under $100 if need be.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#11 User is offline   foozeball67 

• Intergalactic Overlord of the United States of Wisconsin
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:24 AM

I'd try to look around for a bulk buy for spyders on the internet. Just Google it, somethings bound to come up.

#12 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 May 2008 - 06:30 AM

Hey man, I've got a starter kit for sale. VL Triton 2, mask, basic gravity hopper, and a 20 oz CO2 tank for 70 bucks shipped. PM me if interested. 80 bucks and I'll add a basic pod pack.

This post has been edited by Match99: 26 May 2008 - 06:31 AM

#13 User is offline   focus 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Focus

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:36 PM

Spyders are very durable, and fairly inexpensive. My tlr has lasted for years, shoots pretty well and just works. It has the same design as most spyders thats easy to strip and clean. I bring it along as a backup, but I never play it any more because my SP-1 never fails.

Work hard, play hard.. In that order.

#14 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

You could get some 98 customs. They are more reliable than Spyders.

#15 Guest_Idea_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

View PostCertifiedPaintballer, on May 31 2008, 12:46 PM, said:

You could get some 98 customs. They are more reliable than Spyders.

True, but the stock accuracy sucks compared to a Spyder. I like the Spyder TL-X for compact and it's an overall good marker. I have a sale in my signature where I'm selling one. Maybe check it out if you want. The nice thing is you can take off the foregrip and A.S.A. and screw the tank right into the main body.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users