What do i do next Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Montresor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Montresor

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:26 PM

View PostJackson, on Aug 15 2006, 12:06 AM, said:

BT's can accept E-grips. I tested out a BT with an e-grip at the IAO and it was pretty nice. I'm not into e-guns at all but it was very nice feeling.

Problems with the A-5:
-overspray on the receiver halves, this creates more friction and slows the gun down a little
-ratchets in the cyclone wear out
-uses MP-5 grip instead of a 45 frame. This means it can't accept new grips like Dye Stickies.

There are some more, I'm just tired and can't think right now.

I feel that I should mention:

The A-5 does look better as a milsim gun (check opsgear.com for some very cool kits) because it's body is a virtual clone of the MP-5k, but the Ben Tippmann line has engineering superiority.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Minnesota/Nodak? Visit www.valleypaintball.com the ONLY place to ball in the Red River Valley.

#17 User is offline   JT-KID75 

• Kid with ION
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:JT-KID75

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:45 PM

ok i have been swayed into buying a BT-4 but i still have 2 questions about it is the hopper side mounted and what stocks can the BT-4 accept
Hello

#18 User is offline   Tomcat 

• Empire BT Rangers - US Team Lead
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tomcat001

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:23 AM

Just like the 98C, it is offset to the right. It is mounted on the upper picatinnany rail and slides back or off when needed. BT-4 accepts all 98C stocks, and since it uses military rails both on top and bottom, you can use real gear on them. Your barrel receiver that comes stock with the BT-4 is A5 threaded so you can get any A5 barrels or BT-16 barrels for the BT-4, however, you can get a different receiver and mount spyder barrels, etc, or whatever receiver you choose. The BT-16 uses 98C threaded reciever, but the feed tube is dead center of the marker body. Real bad if you want to sight straight down.

Hey anyone who plays woodsball can't put down the original reason why we buy these markers made and designed by the Tippmanns. They take a beating and keep coming. I just don't see why I should pay more for the same or better morker just because of the nameplate on the side. If you want to go speedball or woodsball, the BT-4 Combat is your best bet, if you can go for low $200.00 and play woodsball strictly, you can should get the Assault because you save about $150 dollars on all the stock upgrades. Its like getting the 98C Commando with a better barrel. However the Combat is easily upgradeable, just like the 98.

This post has been edited by Tomcat: 17 August 2006 - 02:25 AM

Team Lead, EMPIRE BT RANGERS - US Contingent.
Lieutenant

#19 User is offline   JT-KID75 

• Kid with ION
  • PipPip

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:33 AM

OK that is sweet but the Body's they have for the gun i don't like that much because they don't look bery effective. So this gun can except spyder threaded barrels, A-5 barrels. And eventually i can put a Egrip on. WOW this gun is a steal. The best thing about Spec Ops Forum is the class of the People because they steer noobs in the right direction and actually gives a shizzle about the sport and peolple's morale values. So thanks everyone except the Tippy and Smart Parts Flamers you riun the sport

Ok this is the edit i am gonna put this stock with this gun

Stock
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/shop/pr...mp;SEARCH=STOCK
Gun
http://www.anythingxtreme.com/BT-Paintball...11266C2654.aspx

and it will Work? i'll am goig to look some more to see if their is a stock i like better

This post has been edited by JT-KID75: 17 August 2006 - 08:55 AM

Hello

#20 User is offline   GD-SPLATTER 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GD-SPLATTER

Posted 17 August 2006 - 02:48 PM

I have a compleate write up on the Marker Talk section about the JT Tac-5. It may help you fix it and also answer your question. But the simple version of the write up to your questions is this.

If the Tac-5 Recon is your first gun you may want to keep it. For sentimental reasons. I have worked on mine and have had some great sucess with it (Out shot a flatline). But when it decides to act up it goes down hill imeadeatly. More info in the write up.

If you have owned another gun before and just "Upgraded to this" then fix it/sell it/give it to a noob. This gun, untill I get mine operational , I consider it not reliable enough to have fun. I ened up getting a diffrent gun to play with untill I get this one going again. (MR1)

Out of the choices I would recomend a BT or the PCS US-5. I have fired and handeled the latter and it has some nice features that are ideal for a Woodsball marker. Also would be really cheeper then a Tippman.

#21 User is offline   JT-KID75 

• Kid with ION
  • PipPip

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:00 PM

first gun i will keep it for sentimental because it did teach me what to do to your marker and what not to do. It could be a nice project down the road like making it into a sniper but for now it has shot its last shot. What i am going to do though is buy a BT-4 then put a 98C folding stock (forgot brand name) and maybe a J and J barrel on it and away i go
Hello

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users