Special Ops Paintball: hot burning smoke grenade to cold burning theory. - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

hot burning smoke grenade to cold burning theory. this is in saftey because is needs to be safe

#1 User is offline   nickanator8 

• tough guys dance, tougher guys dance ballet
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:nickanator8

Posted 17 October 2007 - 04:59 PM

ok, heres my idea: you take a hot burning smoke grenade (fireworks smoke bomb) and put it in a soda can by cutting the can open then resealing it somehow (sottering gun?) then you get the wic out of the mouth of the can and light it. the can contains any fire. it still heats up but wont burn anything. who thinks this will work?
click here for the Big Forum Tresure Hunt
If you are a Christian paintballer then put this in your sig | If you dance put this in your sig |98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 98% that agrees put this in your sig. | if you are one of the people who arnt against smart parts put this in your sig | 92% of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If you are of the 8% that would be laughin your butt off, put this in your sig | put this is your sig if your left handed

#2 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:52 PM

Flames will probably shoot out the top.
The can could catch stuff on fire
If you use homemade smoke grenades like I do, they could melt the can.
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   ks~gunner 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:01 PM

View PostSpudCrushr, on Oct 17 2007, 06:52 PM, said:

Flames will probably shoot out the top.
The can could catch stuff on fire
If you use homemade smoke grenades like I do, they could melt the can.

This is the reason why people don't allow burning smoke gernades on their feilds, because it could cause a fire.

#4 User is offline   nickanator8 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:03 AM

yeah i read that in apg and had just bought some hot burning so i wanted to "convert" them. though i doubt just the heat generated would cause the ground to catch fire unless in dry grass.
If you are a Christian paintballer then put this in your sig | If you dance put this in your sig |98% of people on this forum will say that Tippmann pwns all. If you are one of the 98% that agrees put this in your sig. | if you are one of the people who arnt against smart parts put this in your sig | 92% of the teen population would be dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If you are of the 8% that would be laughin your butt off, put this in your sig | put this is your sig if your left handed

#5 User is offline   SpudCrushr 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:25 AM

View Postnickanator8, on Oct 18 2007, 07:03 AM, said:

yeah i read that in apg and had just bought some hot burning so i wanted to "convert" them. though i doubt just the heat generated would cause the ground to catch fire unless in dry grass.

Well, yeah.. You aren't going to catch dirt on fire.

But pine needles go up easly. So does dry moss, dry grass, and straw.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   508WoodsBall 

• 3POX1 5/19/09
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:StupidWhiteBoy

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:00 AM

View PostSpudCrushr, on Oct 18 2007, 07:25 AM, said:

View Postnickanator8, on Oct 18 2007, 07:03 AM, said:

Well, yeah.. You aren't going to catch dirt on fire.

But pine needles go up easly. So does dry moss, dry grass, and straw.

or the camo of the guy laying in the dry grass

#7 User is offline   nickanator8 

• PipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:01 PM

^ yeah i remember that article... poor guy

#8 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:18 PM

It ALMOST sounds like a good idea...but not quite. Not only could fire escape the can, but the can itself could become dangerously over-heated.
I dont have an issue with "hot smoke" being used in a carefully controlled way, but the problem here is that someone could think that its safer than it really is...underestimating the amount of heat one of those things actually puts out, and that could lead to a serious accident.

#9 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 18 October 2007 - 01:43 PM

Aluminum melts so easily when it comes into contact with burning KNO3 (which is in homemade smokes). I have tried using a soda can and the top of it blasted off and the can was in half. You are usually only safe with steel (like a soup can) or ceramic.
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

#10 User is offline   Huff n Puff 

• Elite Sabre
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HUFF N PUFF

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:26 PM

You'll probably burn a hole through the can and then you still have flame coming out. Then next thing is that you can catch something on fire still. I don't know what the brush and grass is like in your area, but in mine you have pine needles, cheat grass, dry dead grass in the summer, etc. These will catch on fire easy and I doubt you want a grass/forest fire on your hands.
The only times I would EVER use smoke grenades is on dirt, concrete, asphault, etc.
Elite Team 6 Rocks
Fire? Yes Please

#11 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 07 November 2007 - 10:41 PM

would dry ice work better? i don't think it's too expensive, just put it inside a bag inside a bottle, open the bag, unscrew the lid, throw the bottle. smoke, no flame...just don't touch the dry ice with bare skin.

<EDIT>
ah crap...this stuff doesn't rise...all you'd get would be few feet deep, only way to move thru it would be crawling...

This post has been edited by thebostinian: 07 November 2007 - 10:42 PM

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#12 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2007 - 11:25 PM

View Postthebostinian, on Nov 7 2007, 11:41 PM, said:

would dry ice work better? i don't think it's too expensive, just put it inside a bag inside a bottle, open the bag, unscrew the lid, throw the bottle. smoke, no flame...just don't touch the dry ice with bare skin.

I'll take a hot burning open flame smoke grenade over that on the field.

Dry ice is constantly sublimating to its gas state. Where is the problem you may ask? When you're carrying it in that bottle, it's sublimating inside that bottle. Without anyplace to escape, the gas build up will skyrocket the internal pressure in that bottle until, you guessed it, the bottle can't take it anymore.

You'ld be walking around with a time bomb, and I don't want to be near you when it goes off.
Member of Team Akkadian

#13 User is offline   grey fox 

• Theres something fundamentally wrong with a talking hamburger
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name: grey fox

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:48 AM

I mean you know the thing is I just got pre-approved at the finger hut, and that mini-pool table is looking pretty good
Ghost of Christmas Past from the future chicken...."Thousands of years ago when I survived the quickening"..........

Team Captain- Phantom Cell -
Warrior Poet
Maker one damn fine White Russian

#14 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:33 AM

View PostThalion, on Nov 8 2007, 01:25 AM, said:

View Postthebostinian, on Nov 7 2007, 11:41 PM, said:

I'll take a hot burning open flame smoke grenade over that on the field.

Dry ice is constantly sublimating to its gas state. Where is the problem you may ask? When you're carrying it in that bottle, it's sublimating inside that bottle. Without anyplace to escape, the gas build up will skyrocket the internal pressure in that bottle until, you guessed it, the bottle can't take it anymore.

You'ld be walking around with a time bomb, and I don't want to be near you when it goes off.

yeah i forgot about the pressure issue (smacks self in head). stupid me.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users