Special Ops Paintball: Sacking of Wessex - Special Ops Paintball

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sacking of Wessex 24 hr Scenario First Strike Paintball 9/13 - 9/14 2008 Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   the hittmann 

• I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:32 PM

They should have a best costume contest and make it interesting.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.

#32 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cookie

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:13 PM

View Postthe hittmann, on Jun 23 2008, 03:45 PM, said:

Someone should make a paint sword to go with the shield.

Umm, you really shouldn't say things like that when I am around. I might just do it. Could get really nasty. Might forget to sharpen edge before I paint instead of after.

***Sorry about the arm there fella, let me pick it up for you.***
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer
Minister of Internet Harassment

#33 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:53 AM

as the ORIGINAL and AUTHENTIC paintball viking, (i did a lineage trace...it explains the body hair, bad disposition, and affinity for one sided battles), i say every proud viking player should wear a pair of the horns. you can get them at party stores. in the tampa area, go to a USF bulls fan store. for shields, i would suggest 50 gallon drum lids. (i have one).

i think the english should know that it takes more than long nappy hair and a shield to fight a real battle, the way a real viking does it.
luckily i have both, AND a helmet. GAME ON!!!

as for the fpo, i'll pay 45 at first strike any day.that field is too good. even though i'll have to lay down the serious clams to afford paint to feed my doubleT, it'll be worth it to see the englishmen retreating to the safety of their castles for crumpets and tea.

just remember one thing.... you shouldnt fear the one crazy guy in a pair of viking horns running into impossible odds, certain of death. it's the fighters behind him that he's inspired to charge that you should be worried about.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#34 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2008 - 08:39 AM

Beware the miniture Viking long boat.
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

#35 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 June 2008 - 06:58 AM

oooh... ideas!!!

by the way, may i suggest the proper "theme" songs for the event.. after all, there's nothing like getting medieval on someone to a soundtrack.

1. DIO- Holy Diver
2. Ride of the valkries
3. i don't know the name, but it was in the very beginning of the first johnny knoxville movie (jack***)

This post has been edited by Iron__Man: 25 June 2008 - 08:01 AM

#36 User is offline   Crimson_One 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:52 AM

View PostIron__Man, on Jun 25 2008, 06:58 AM, said:

oooh... ideas!!!

by the way, may i suggest the proper "theme" songs for the event.. after all, there's nothing like getting medieval on someone to a soundtrack.

1. DIO- Holy Diver
2. Ride of the valkries
3. i don't know the name, but it was in the very beginning of the first johnny knoxville movie (jack***)

Its called "carmina burana" by Beethoven. Great song, makes me feel all evil inside.

#37 User is offline   BackMeat 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BackMeat

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:38 PM

Shaping up to be a good one.....who are our XO's For the game any one know????

Inquiring minds would like to know.....
Suicidal Chopper Pilot and Proud Member of The Bad Monkeys

"Dats to Mush Paint...To Mush Paint Fo YOU!!!!"

#38 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2008 - 12:07 PM

well i had talked to grizzly at first strike a couple games ago about being hos xo, but its been a long time since ive talked to him, so things may have changed. either way, the english are gonna have to deal with me. bwahaha.

#39 User is offline   T.O.T 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:23 PM

Its a shame this game is the same date as Area 51 at Waynes World.
David "Taz" Joseph
Team On Target

#40 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:03 PM

View PostBackMeat, on Jun 26 2008, 12:38 AM, said:

Shaping up to be a good one.....who are our XO's For the game any one know????

Inquiring minds would like to know.....

Someone we know and love
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

#41 User is offline   MTak 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:General MTak

Post icon  Posted 28 June 2008 - 07:57 PM

The morning after the Viking landing Alfred heard of the taking of the Monastery. It was his birthday but there would be no rest this day or any day in the near future. The Vikings had killed the dozen guards at the Monastery, sacrificed the Monks to their Gods, enjoyed the vast store of Mead in the cool dungeon storerooms and made ready for the attack in the morning.

Alfred knew the coming days would be crucial if he were to hold the prime farmlands and villages of Wessex together and keep the Vikings from taking all.
He immediately began sending out runners to spread the word abouit the invasion and have the troops come from near and far. But now he had to hold his limited men together and hold the town near the Monastery. This was going to be a tall order. He had to maintain the crops, lumber mill and flocks of beasts this region was known to provide for the citizens. Without these necessary supplies the armies couldn't be supported and the Vikings would win. Alfred would have to think on this but the time was quickly running out. He must strike and quickly.

Guthrum though had a different issue. His men were primed for ultimate violence and a ripe villiage with all the necessary supples he needed was within reach. He would have to take the villiage, suppress the troops within the fort and be ready for the next landing to begin his conquest of Wessex. This should be no problem. The commander of the local soldiers was a young and inexperienced warrior that should be easily defeated with the help of the appeased Gods they had spent the night toasting and offering sactifices.

Alfred and Gothrum will still meet. Choose your side; this is going to get very interesting.

MTak Productions / First Strike Paintball.

#42 User is offline   Lord of sayde 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BAPTISM BY FIRE

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:28 AM

hey guys, this will be my first scenario, so any bit o help would be great, pm me with tips

#43 User is offline   MTak 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:General MTak

Posted 30 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

View PostLord of sayde, on Jun 30 2008, 10:28 AM, said:

hey guys, this will be my first scenario, so any bit o help would be great, pm me with tips

Lord of Sayde you will need to show for the entire game; plan on playing hard from 12-6pm the first afternoon, playing for 3-5 hours night play after a dinner break from 6-8 pm and 4 intense hours Sunday morning. Be sure to hold on to a full load, at least, for the final battle that usually is from 12-1 pm.
Bring water, lots of water, and plan on drinking a pint every time you leave the field. Heat is a bitter opponent this time of year in Florida. Wear loose fitting clothing preferably to help you blend in the background, camo in other words, but don't be embarrassed to play your first games in jeans if that is what you have. Bring food that is easy to cook or plan on buying it at the game (usually have someone cooking for $$). Try to meet some players to hang with to get the feel for what happens in a game; hook up with a team if you can since they have communications set-up and can get missions quickly. Plan on a mission going out to both teams every 20 minutes during the day play and 30 minutes at night. Scenarios are built around a story and have props that provide a lot of the points along with succeeding in the mission. And, most of all, leave the attitude at home but bring your desire to play hard, fair and have a great time.
You will go home with blisters if your shoes aren't made for this type activity but you'll even enjoy them if all is going per plan.

If you need any more info please reply and I'll answer to the best of my ability. I've played in or produced nearly 50 games so I have a little idea of what it takes. If it is a question I can't answer then I have a lot of friends with more experience then me and will get the answers for you. Finally, there will be a player briefing and question/ansewr session an hour before game-on.

See you at the game,
Hugh "MTak" McElvey, Scenario Player and Producer

#44 User is offline   cookie 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:14 PM

View PostLord of sayde, on Jun 30 2008, 01:28 PM, said:

Okay, here is my BRAIN BUTT answer first;
Shoot the other guy before he shoots you (this usually works pretty good for most players)

Now, on a more serious note;
Listen to what MTAK said, he is wise in the way of the paintball swartz. There are several good teams planning to attend this game that would be glad to give you a hand and let you run with them. These are Orbital Reign, Gone Ballistic, Team On Target, Team Hogan and Bad Monkeys. There are also many other good teams that will be attending, I just do not know yet which specific other teams will be there.

Some specific info: Get a camelback for on field use, bring a tent and/or shade to rest in, ice chest with water/sports drinks (limit soda to meal times), extra clothes, any medications that you would normally take, and a head wrap or bandana. Drop by my camp any time and ask for me.
COOKIE
BAD MONKEYS
Team Cook
Armor Commander
Eunach Engineer

#45 User is offline   the hittmann 

• I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 30 June 2008 - 05:58 PM

Are you cooking for this game cookie.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.

Share this topic:

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users