• This topic is locked

Barrel sleeves... What do ya think?

#1 User is offline   trevor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:revortay

Posted 25 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

Ok well I was thinking and I thought that every one has a barrel sleeve/condom. Well, raise your hand if you have a specops digi on or omnipat? Exactly. I think it would be awesome if spec ops could make camo barrel sleeves. So I did a search and it seems all the posts on hear about barrel sleeves are for custom ones or other such things... so any one?

Tippman owners group #35

#2 User is offline   HOUND1 

• VVVCheese Its!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AMRAAM11

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:42 PM

they justrealased one a couple of weeks ago. but i probably won't be getting one, because i already have one that i made at home out of some realtree that i snipped from a walmart shirt
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:48 AM

One other function for barrel sleeves is to serve as a way for your opponents to judge who is already out from a distance. Since most people don't keep their marker above their head for the entire walk to the stagging area/re instertion zone.

#4 User is offline   CHICKINDUDE 

• CAP'N CHICKIN
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CHICKINDUDE

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:58 PM

View PostMaj Tom, on Apr 28 2008, 01:48 AM, said:

One other function for barrel sleeves is to serve as a way for your opponents to judge who is already out from a distance. Since most people don't keep their marker above their head for the entire walk to the stagging area/re instertion zone.

Yeah he is right, cant tell you how many times someone gets lit up when he is walking down the trail to the dead man's hut becuse he cant hold his 8 pound gun for an hour. Instead of cammo-ing the berrel sleeve put in in a poket that closes (Zipper/velcro) or you might eather lose it, or get shot during an ambush becuse how many bushes have orange Specops logos on them.... Besides my house. lol I wish I had Specop bushes and trees that would be awsome!!!! lol jk, But seriously I want em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ghost Gunner! (The counter sniper.)

#5 User is offline   HOUND1 

• VVVCheese Its!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AMRAAM11

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:05 PM

this is so off topic, but Zero Punctuation is amazing, Maj Tom
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   tnert 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:tnert

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:08 PM

i would definetly buy a barrel sleeve. your gun is usuelly the most forgotten thing to camo and honestly how many barrels out there come in a camo pattern.

if we cant do it. it doesent need to be done
official sabre #132
Team Evasive Action
my amazing sponser pbsports.com

#7 Guest_Coroner_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:11 AM

So buy some already!

Omnipat Barrel Skins

SO Digi Barrel Skins

This post has been edited by Coroner: 09 May 2008 - 10:11 AM

#8 User is offline   the hittmann 

• I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:36 PM

Who would want to hide(make it hard to see with the camo) something that tells people you are out. It will only get you lit up and mad and probably ruin your day. I have bright colored sleeves so people can see I am clearly out and not get unloaded on for no reason.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.

#9 User is offline   mrwaffles 

• Part time crazy person
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mrwaffles

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:03 AM

View Postthe hittmann, on May 9 2008, 03:36 PM, said:

Who would want to hide(make it hard to see with the camo) something that tells people you are out. It will only get you lit up and mad and probably ruin your day. I have bright colored sleeves so people can see I am clearly out and not get unloaded on for no reason.

Thats why you buy a bright barrel condom :happy: You can get them here (the bright orange is what im talking about).
I just ordered some stuff and apparently got the last SO digi barrel condom since they're not selling them anymore :ghillie:

This post has been edited by mrwaffles: 12 May 2008 - 10:04 AM

#10 User is offline   Tinker 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:41 AM

View Posttrevor, on Apr 25 2008, 07:42 PM, said:

Ok well I was thinking and I thought that every one has a barrel sleeve/condom. Well, raise your hand if you have a specops digi on or omnipat? Exactly. I think it would be awesome if spec ops could make camo barrel sleeves. So I did a search and it seems all the posts on hear about barrel sleeves are for custom ones or other such things... so any one?

If you want the real camo barrel sleeve and hopper cover, do not buy it from SpecOPs. They stole the idea for this from www.barrelsleeve.com.

This website can customize it to fit you marker.
Tinker
www.ghostsqaud.org
www.barrelsleeve.com

#11 User is offline   InsanityPaintball 

• Doc Insanity
  • Pip

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:58 AM

I think there is some confusion in here about the product in question. Some of you are confusing barrel "sleeves" for barrel bags/condoms. A sleeve covers the length of the barrel as decoration or camouflage. A barrel bag is used as a BBD and to show that you have been eliminated. Personally I don't see a reason to camo-up either of these. I use bright colored bags so I don't get shot after elimination or mistaken for playing on. As far as sleeves go, I had some made for my team that had our logo on it, but, why would you pay for a camo one when camo-wrap can be purchased at surplus stores and Wal-marts across the country for a dollar?

Just doesn't make sense to me.
I have a dream..............
.....................................And in it something eats you!

WWW.ReaperArmy.com/Forums

#12 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2008 - 12:16 PM

I have and use a Bright Yellow PMI BBD and I still get lit up, damn trigger happy bums!

#13 User is offline   Hellspawn 

• A Fetching Fetcher
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:29 PM

View PostTinker, on May 13 2008, 07:41 AM, said:

If you want the real camo barrel sleeve and hopper cover, do not buy it from SpecOPs. They stole the idea for this from www.barrelsleeve.com.

Sorry, spec ops is the only company that offers producs in omnipat and its not going to change anytime soon, its not about spec ops stealing anything, its about them offering a pattern that no one else has.

#14 User is offline   Explosive 

• Sabre/Sneaking Guy for Xtreme Fanatics
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-XF-Explosive

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:40 PM

View PostTinker, on May 13 2008, 09:41 AM, said:

LOL! I made homemade camouflage barrel sleeves 15 years ago...not like it was some major idea to steal.

#15 User is offline   Spartan Heart 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spartan Heart

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:34 AM

i heard they worked good.....and it's prob overall cheaper than gettin a custom paint job
Semper Fidelis- Death before dishoner- Fear is not an Option- Swift, Silent, Deadly
"If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done" (Saber)
Oorah!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users