• You cannot reply to this topic

ANVIL position the heavier hammer... your worst nightmare Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 25 July 2008 - 09:31 PM

Oh then maybe I misunderstood the goal of this thread i thought maybe it was to make SO recognize it. Maybe it's just better to have the SOF recognize it? be easier? Dunno.

Go search some uh... what's it called... Grenadier and look for Ace-014's thread. You'll see I hassled a lot there. And I haven't been around too often but I'm not sure if that ever got pushed through, I doubt it did though. Grenadier is even more well known than an Anvil style, and THAT didn't even make it.

Just bustin some... marbles we shall call them.

did I die for a second there?...

#17 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:08 PM

its all good. i think javelin is the one other than ghost flanker that should be a shoe in. i see more laws than Dts and the such at scenarios. but idk. maybe specops is justhjaving fun with us. they put up this section, and now instead of actually adding something,they're laughing at us all. :no dodgy: lol.

idk. it could go either way. but i think this one has potential to at least be in the final running. i know paint manufacturers love the idea of 30+ BPS. :D
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#18 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:44 PM

check this out
the answer to your prayers

This post has been edited by mass destruction: 10 August 2008 - 07:45 PM

(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#19 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:38 AM

I would like this a lot...but for the sake of the ANVIL's future back problems, put it on a tank.
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

#20 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:54 AM

^^ that link is to a marker system known as "the defender", and was used in Ok Dday. i heard it didnt work though. my project was very similar, only it had 4 markers per arm, counted as a pug (MUCH harder to eliminate), had a much larger ammo hopper, and larger air tanks.

tank mounted super systems have the convenience of not having to carry heavy gear, but they are usually restricted in their travels on the field, cannot hide, and are easy targets for laws.

the advantages to man carried heavy weaponry outweigh the disadvantage of being able to be shot out like a normal player. besides, there is ALOT more to building a tank than just saying "wow... thats shooty... put it on a tank"...

#21 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:17 AM

thats incredible, it would probably use more paint in 2 minutes than i use all day, but it would be cool.
and yeah i see what you mean about it not being worth it too mount it on a tank.
that looks like alot of stuff to seriously be lugged around by one person all day though, but you could have teammates rotate if it proves too much to carry.

This post has been edited by mass destruction: 14 August 2008 - 09:20 AM

(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#22 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 30 August 2008 - 07:24 PM

I think I would like to be the one to pull the flanking maneuver on the team :unsure:
THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#23 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:37 PM

I didn't read all the comments so maybe someone already pointed this out, but if I get with 75 bps, I'm going to be a just a tad upset. :laugh:

#24 User is offline   murdercrow 

• Threadkiller Extraordinaire
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderCrow

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:26 PM

Umm, yeah. I'm thinking this is getting ridiculous. Maybe I'm unique in saying this, but I think FIFTEEN balls per second is a little excessive, and frankly a good way to ruin my day. I don't mind getting hit, but just the effort to clean all your cruddy paint off would put a serious damper on my mood.
Automaggot! Paintballin' Punk! "Purple Rambo over here...!"
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

#25 User is offline   Feather Sniper729 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AATPT EAGLE

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:55 AM

How bought calling this the human tank position. The player is just a little more venerable when he gets hit. You might also need two daggers to keep the paint flowing into the marker.
Its not all about the publicity the photos and the awards, its about enjoying the game.

#26 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2008 - 06:00 PM

View PostHeadshotPhantom, on Aug 30 2008, 11:37 PM, said:

I didn't read all the comments so maybe someone already pointed this out, but if I get with 75 bps, I'm going to be a just a tad upset. :D

oh, no lie, i feel you. but i would only shoot this thing at buildings, tanks, and much further away players. absolutely no up close encounters. i knwo i wouldnt wanna round a tree and be facing someone's private automatic weapon firing squad.

good to see my topic being posted on again.

ps-IF YOU WANNA HAVE SOME FUN, check out my mecha project in the hammer section.

#27 User is offline   JustinS 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MEMYSELFANDI

Posted 04 December 2008 - 04:45 PM

I think having 4-8 guns on one player is more effective at scaring people away than shooting them. I mean who wants to get hit w/ 60 bps? I'd avoid the anvil...

#28 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:08 AM

From what I'm seeing you're already pushing your luck with the Hammer position. I'm seeing more and more fields begining to cap at 15 and some even at the new PSP standard of 13. This is also slowly translating into Scenario play, mixed with more players, faster guns and lighter budgets. Over the next year we could again see an industry wide cap at 15 or 13. Now I beleive that the Hammer may still survive the cap but with the same understanding with the field/promoter as a LAW/SMAW users.
Everyone knows my distain for the marketing ploy that is the "Scenario" Positions but any one players walking onto the field with that much firepower is not only a danger to himself but any person on that field.

#29 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:18 PM

Hmmm well maybe using a big vortex bbmg design maybe for an anvil gun. If someone could actually achieve making one that works, that could be a potentially light 50 bps gun. I heard that some dolt, "scavies", over on spudfiles, along with some others over there are working on a steel one, but can't get enough power to shoot over 100 fps. They've tried already hooking up four 20 oz CO2 tanks inline, but now it turns out the gun is a paintball blender and the CO2 freezes in seconds. Good luck with that guys.

Anyway, I see two sides to the field owner's opinion on it. Would they care more about bonus balling and safety, or would they care more that they are making a fortune with field paint only off of that guy that's using 1k rounds per game. The obvious answer is....but money is tempting. Hmm....

This post has been edited by Scavies: 15 December 2008 - 05:19 PM

FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

#30 User is offline   roflmywaffles 

• RoflMyWaffles
  • PipPip

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:33 PM

I envision the most expensive position about to be born.
or about to become a miscarriage... whichever happens
205 BrowniePoints!

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users