• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Halo Hopper Problem?

#1 User is offline   EMarcus 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:21 PM

My v35 works weird. It works perfectly with no paintballs in it (the rotor spins) but when i put paintballs in it, it just doesnt work. Some times i can turn it off, then turn it back in and itll turn until the guns loaded. But once i run out of the paint thats in the neck, it wont spin to keep it loaded. I have to turn it off, then back on. But sometimes the thing wont even turn off! It has a green light and a red light. When i first turn it on it goes 2 green blinks then 1 red, if i hit the button it again it goes red, green rapidly. IDK what to do, this thing would be sweet if it worked....lol
Thanks homes!

#2 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:25 PM

Try good fresh battery.

Is it jamming? Are you overfilling it?

Has it been taken apart before? The spring in the drive cone needs to be tensioned.

#3 User is offline   EMarcus 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:30 PM

Fresh batteries.
How much is overfilling?
Is there a manual for it? I have pulled it kinda apart. I pulled it in half and just cleaned out the cases. But i put everything back the way i had
BTW, slinky, i love you. Youre always the first to reply in any of my threads!

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:40 PM

Overfilling would require the lid to be pushing down on the balls.

However I think when you took the cone apart you didn't preload the spring under it. That allows the cone to put tension on the balls.

Cone:
Posted Image

Manuals: Both regulare Halo B and B35.

#5 User is offline   EMarcus 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:11 PM

oh i didnt mess with the cone. I just pulled the black case (thing that holds the cone together) out of the clear (exterior cases). And installed it like wise. I didnt get into all the electrical stuff..but i think i figured it out. When i would turn it on, i would press, not hold, the button, which put it on a different setting. Therefore it would reset it self, and i thought it just wouldnt fire.

#6 User is offline   drek 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:55 PM

EMarcus, I have had this problem. The problem is with the eyes not detecting a paintball in the stack. You have a HALO that uses eyes, correct? It'll load, and then the motor will go back and forth, then stop and the lights will start flashing?

The issue is that the eyes are telling the board that there are no balls in the stack. So the motor starts loading, and when it finds that it can't advance the stack despite the fact that it believes there are no balls in the stack, it concludes that it has a jam.

I believe it has more to do with the diameter of the paintballs you're using rather than the color of the shell. For instance, I have the Virtue Laser eyes, which Virtue tells me are supposed to be breakbeam, not reflective (I'm not sure how much I believe them, but for the sake of argument let's say that they're correct). I find that when I try to use smaller, winter paintballs, the loader can't see them. But larger paint is fine.

Anyway, I switched to a sound-activated loader, because I don't want a smaller paintball to take my system down.

#7 User is offline   jake9095 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:45 AM

Yeah a fresh battery would deffinetely help!, its obviously a problem with the power source

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users