• You cannot reply to this topic

Ion Air Leak

#1 User is offline   Harry092 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Headshot_Harry

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:14 PM

My ion has recently developed a small air leak. I know its at the rear banjo fitting. The problem is that ive replaced the fitting but its still leaking. I have it screwed in as much as possible without damaging the gun, and i have checked the hose...which is fine. So im stumped and have no idea what the problem is, and i was hoping the friendly neighborhood spec ops people could help me out. Normally i would take it to the pro shop, but it just closed down :)

#2 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:15 PM

Sounds like the hose is really the problem. Sometimes just looking at the hose you can't tell that there is a small hole(s) in it. I suggest replacing the hose and seeing if that helps.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#3 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 09 May 2008 - 08:59 PM

teflon tape?...

#4 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:57 PM

You can trying putting some teflon tape on the threads of the banjo and seeing if it helps. I've never had to do this because the banjo has an O-Ring that seals it off when its tightened down.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#5 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:14 PM

I have seen a few back banjo leaks and normally the issue is that either the rear hose needs replacement, is either too short or too long, or the end sin't cut squarely. Rarely is it the fact that the banjo itself is the problem but it could happen. The back hose should have a slight bend in it, like it's ~ .5 mm too long BUT NO MORE...and the end inside the banjo must be cut squarely. Any jagged/uneven edge will cause a leak.

First, I would take a mild soap solution in a spray bottle, and squirt the rear banjo and hose to find the EXACT location of the leak. Your marker needs to be aired up for this. DO NOT WET THE BOARD OR NOID COIL. Although they are water resistant, you don't want to run the risk of further damage to thm.

Squirtihng the soapy water will create bubbles where the air is leaking.

IF it's the threaded part that goes into the rear donut, teflon tape the banjo threads.
IF it's the banjo internally, replace it with a new one. Punisher's sells them in the Ion OEM section.
IF it's the hose, replace with the appropriate one again, available through Punisher's.
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#6 User is offline   Tora 

• Yes, that is Barney. My Barney. No you can't have him.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

View Postblackcellsniper15, on May 9 2008, 11:15 PM, said:

Sounds like the hose is really the problem. Sometimes just looking at the hose you can't tell that there is a small hole(s) in it. I suggest replacing the hose and seeing if that helps.

yes, replace the hose with a new one and wrap Teflon tape around the banjo fittings threads

This post has been edited by Tora: 10 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

FEEDBACK

My momma raised me the be SHAMELESS!

#7 User is offline   Kman866 

• AutoMaggot
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kman866

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:02 PM

there's a simple fix to this. i've had this problem several times.
replace the orings on the back breech thing. works every time for me when i get a leak back there.
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to metal, put this in your sig

If We Cant Do It, It Doesn't Need To Be Done!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users