• You cannot reply to this topic

matrix

#1 User is offline   TIPSY101 

• BUNKER BOYZ FOR LIFE
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:TIPSY

Posted 13 May 2005 - 09:37 PM

the original dye matrix gun ? is it ok good? what would you need to add to it... does the stock stuff suck or what

#2 User is offline   tyguy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:11 PM

The Dye Matrix is fantastic marker, especially for the price (just reduced to $650 for remaining inventories). The last production runs included the Dye Hyper II regulator and latest LPR, both of which are very solid performing regs. The old Hyper Is and old LPRs weren't the greatest, so be careful what you're buying if you go used.

Upgrades depend on personal preference. I would swap out the feedneck for a short clamping style, and buy a quality barrel, like a Dye Ultralite. Those are the only two upgrades I would personally make, unless I had an opportunity to play a tournament circuit that allowed ramping (in that case a new board with ramping programming would be needed).

The Dye Matrix performs very similar to a DM4. It's just a larger package with more bolt parts/seals to clean and maintain.

-Ty

#3 User is offline   TIPSY101 

• BUNKER BOYZ FOR LIFE
  • PipPip

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:54 PM

i found it for 400$

soo your saying it like the same thing as the dm4 but just more complicated?

is it worth buying then?

#4 Guest_WeapsO_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:46 PM

TIPSY101, on May 24 2005, 04:54 PM, said:

i found it for 400$

soo your saying it like the same thing as the dm4 but just more complicated?

is it worth buying then?

short answer: yes.

#5 User is offline   TIPSY101 

• BUNKER BOYZ FOR LIFE
  • PipPip

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:17 PM

i actually found it for 650$ but i have a sponsor and they pay 1/2 (ka-ching) :unsure:

so id end up payin

$325-the marker

$89-for the hopper

$195-the nitro

thats what ......... the original price basicly

#6 User is offline   TIPSY101 

• BUNKER BOYZ FOR LIFE
  • PipPip

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:19 PM

is that still worth it?

#7 User is offline   tyguy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:50 PM

Two days ago I would have said it was worth it. The Matrix bolt has more pieces than a DM4/5/Proto Fuse bolt, and can be assembled wrong if you don't know what you're doing. That's about the only thing more complicated. The Matrix is just larger and bit less efficient than a DM4/5.

However, confirmed rumors have changed my opinion. Dye will be dropping Proto Matrix prices soon, to about $75 more than a Matrix, and I'd definitely go with the Proto over the older Matrix.

So, a couple of other options to consider:
1. Proto Matrix - This is the replacement for the Matrix, and MAP pricing will reduce to the low $700 range in the next week or two. The Proto has much better efficiency and is more compact, but has a bit of kick compared to a Matrix. You'll still want a different barrel and feedneck if you go this route.
2. Freestyle - New 05s sell for a bit less than a Proto Matrix will. It uses a similar concept as the Matrix (actually more like a pneumatic Mag), and they're extremely compact, light, fast, and smooth. Efficiency stinks, though. I have an 05 Generation 2 High Efficiency version Freestyle that's my backup, and I've been pretty impressed. I may sell it, though, but only because the thing is so light and small that going from my DM4 to my Freestyle just feels weird, and that's not what I want for a tournament backup gun. You'll want a new barrel with a Freestyle, and regulators are hit and miss (some are consistent, some are not). I got lucky with decent regulators on mine.

No matter which marker you go with, definitely buy a Halo or Reloader B to keep up with these machines. They all come standard with eyes to detect paint, but there's no point in skipping shots because of a slow loader :D

-Ty

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users