Shipped Paintball Marker Rentals $20 a week? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:59 PM

http://www.paintball...campaign=11marH

Strange. Not sure what I think about it but I think it would be better if they rented out better stuff (or at least gave the option).... I mean, unless you already play or know somebody who plays you probably won't hear about it.

Thoughts?

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

wonder if day one starts at the shipping?

#3 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:18 PM

View PostEskimo, on 28 March 2011 - 06:04 PM, said:

wonder if day one starts at the shipping?

I would hope they give you a few day grace period on either end of the week. Particularly as business days or something.

#4 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:32 PM

That seems pretty interesting. Aside from the timetable issues you both brought up it seems like a win for someone trying to figure out what they want. They do mention talking to them about different options, I doubt that means you could rent a G6R for a week though :laugh:. But for all those guys out there who have started a "98 vs. A-5, which is better" thread this could've been pretty helpful.

In truth though, this really would only help anyone who is out in the sticks somewhere & can't get to an organized field. Any basic woods field is likely renting at least one of those three, or at the very least has an abundance of players shooting all three of those. It's really simple (& free) to talk to a fellow player & ask to put some paint thru it at the chrono range. Heck I have a spare A-5 I'd let anyone borrow for a game, as long as I knew they weren't gonna run off w/ it.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#5 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

View Postger, on 28 March 2011 - 07:32 PM, said:

That seems pretty interesting. Aside from the timetable issues you both brought up it seems like a win for someone trying to figure out what they want. They do mention talking to them about different options, I doubt that means you could rent a G6R for a week though :laugh:. But for all those guys out there who have started a "98 vs. A-5, which is better" thread this could've been pretty helpful.

In truth though, this really would only help anyone who is out in the sticks somewhere & can't get to an organized field. Any basic woods field is likely renting at least one of those three, or at the very least has an abundance of players shooting all three of those. It's really simple (& free) to talk to a fellow player & ask to put some paint thru it at the chrono range. Heck I have a spare A-5 I'd let anyone borrow for a game, as long as I knew they weren't gonna run off w/ it.

Exactly my point - there are an abundance of these markers generally readily available to try. Except my field. They rent Spyders -_- lol.
I bet they'd do really well renting out expensive markers and they could even say you get your rental fee off the purchase price if you buy from us... etc. Easy money. I know plenty of players who bought something, hated it, sold/traded it...and it continues. Some in the same day.

#6 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:49 PM

That's what they are doing with these, it's a try before you buy deal. If you like it they knock the $19.99 off the purchase price, if you don't like it just send it back w/ the pre-paid/pre-printed label they supply.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#7 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:10 PM

View Postger, on 28 March 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

That's what they are doing with these, it's a try before you buy deal. If you like it they knock the $19.99 off the purchase price, if you don't like it just send it back w/ the pre-paid/pre-printed label they supply.

Probably checking to see if people will do it... IMO it'd be more successful if they did it with mid/high-end markers too, as you'd get more people interested in it. I hope it doesn't die off before that point because for most people there's no reason to ship a marker to yourself (I bet you pay shipping too).

#8 User is offline   Mike68 

• "Have a sense of preservation!"
  • PipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

I wonder how long it'll be until someone rents some of these guns under a fake name and finds themselves with five A5's for a hundred bucks. :dodgy:
"My greatest fear is that when I die, no one will remember me."

-Some dead guy

#9 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:29 PM

View PostMike68, on 28 March 2011 - 09:38 PM, said:

I wonder how long it'll be until someone rents some of these guns under a fake name and finds themselves with five A5's for a hundred bucks. :dodgy:

Fake name?

I'd set it up as a credit card only deal with funds held in case they don't return or something.

#10 User is offline   oldhunter 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:smoke guarde

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:23 AM

From the way it raed it seemed liked thay would charge by the week toword whatever payment method that was used.
repugno nex est morior inritus

#11 User is offline   dextonik 

• Grrrrrrr, ARRRG
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:dex.

Posted 30 March 2011 - 12:25 PM

It's like netflix only with paintball markers. Honestly I like the idea behind this. From what it looks like they are in the trial stage. If it's successful I'm sure they will start renting out higher end markers. Now that I got my IRS thing paid off, and the FBI is no longer raiding my garbage cans. I am half tempted to just try it for curiosity sake and see if it is actually worth it. I'm sure they have set it up as credit card or Paypal. Seeing that most of the purchasers are going to order the rental gun online anyway.
If you can't hack it, then I suggest you pack it!
I'm on it like white on rice, with a glass of milk in a snow storm.
Doesn't matter what gun you have, as long as you can hit what you're looking at.
Procrastinators of the world unite...TOMORROW

#12 User is offline   The Hobbit 

• Formerly Shadowlord
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

I would rent a luxe for a weekend to play with. Probably end up buying one afterwards to.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:06 PM

I would love to rent a G6R and Marq Victory, just to see which one I want...
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users