Special Ops Paintball: deadly Hpa (nitro) And Co2 Tank Saftey Incidents - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

deadly Hpa (nitro) And Co2 Tank Saftey Incidents For experienced and new players

#31 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:43 PM

View Post10-shot kid, on Oct 11 2007, 04:01 PM, said:

once again,

I've been droping a drop or oil or two into the ASA threads in order to lubricate my gun for years without a problem. The reason this is ok is because there isn't a direct path to the air tank itself, the air is going through your regulator first. With the nipple it is a direct link to your tank and is the full unregulated 3000 PSI.

ASA=where tank screws into gun

The use of oil with HPA tanks is ONLY dangerous if it's placed on the fill nipple. That's the little thing that sticks out that you plug a hose onto in order to fill the tank. That nipple is a DIRECT line into your HPA tank. In other words that little nipple is recieving all 3000-4000 pounds per square inch of pressure. The thing air passage to the part that screws into your gun on the other hand is an INDIRECT line to your tank because it goes through a regulator.

Your also not pushing air through this regulator in order to fill your tank, air is only coming out. Explosions occur inside the tank when a spark gets inside of it and starts a fire. The resulting burst of pressure is extreamly fast and more than your tank can handle. Thus your tank explodes before counter measures kick in and everyone is angry with you.

Personally I think Co2 tanks are far more dangrous than HPA tanks, they are simply less strong, hold equal pressure, and have killed people in the past.

Ok let the farm kid clear this up a bit. CO2 is contained at 900psi any higher than 1000psi would cause the CO2 to become dry ice or frozen CO2. Air goes much higher in pressure because the molucules resist eachother more than CO2 molucules do(That means that CO2 liquifies and freezes at lower pressures than air).

Good post Im making all of my paintball buddies read it before our next paintball trip.

This post has been edited by Dunceb4ll: 27 December 2007 - 08:46 PM

THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#32 User is offline   Pilotguy6591 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pilot6591

Post icon  Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:22 PM

Last year I went to fill up my 9oz brass eagle and when the guy started to fill it it shot around and co2 was pouring of of the tank. Pretty scary and luckily no one got hurt.
Full-auto = ouch

#33 User is offline   Alix Primus 

• Poop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ALIX POOP

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:43 PM

Just wondering with filling the Co2 tanks, how do you know how far to fill it? We usually just let it fill until it stops.

#34 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 February 2008 - 12:56 AM

It is filled by weight. The person at the filling station should dump the remainder of CO2 in your tank every time... This does 2 things... First, it cools the tank and allows the filler to get more liquid CO2 in (where your shot capacity comes from), and 2nd it provides a starting point to zero the scale from. With the scale at zero, the filler will add CO2 until it reaches the tanks advertised capacity - 9oz, 12oz, 20oz and so on.
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

"Never play AGAINST your wife on her first day paintballing. Wife gets beat = no more nookie"
Mark that quote down... very important.

When I did tech support for Dell a call came in about a laptop that wasn't working right. The guy insisted that the bullet holes in had nothing to do with the boot issues... -Puzuma

#35 User is offline   infinital 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:infinital

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:33 PM

...I'm not sure I want to play Paintball anymore

#36 User is offline   Brandon Dolan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bman73CA

Post icon  Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:22 AM

Those stories are awful.

#37 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 02 March 2008 - 08:28 AM

It's all perfectly safe when done properly and operated/supervised by people with proper training.

If you have not been familiarised with an air station you should not use it without at least a demonstration.

e.g. How do you know if the fill is regulated, at a limited rate etc?

Some are limited only to the maximum pressure, but can fill at a high speed so when filling from empty you should stop and start the fill rather than just a single run up to full pressure.

Check out here for info on a recent incident.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users