• You cannot reply to this topic

Ball breakage question for the A-5 X7 users Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   RaZerWire 

• runnin a 98c w/flatline & R/T soon to be an A-5
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:RaZerWire

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

Just wanted to throw a question out there for the other tippmann shooters out there. I have never really had to deal with ball breakage before on my A5 or X7 in the 2 + years i I have had em. I went out the other weekend and used the RPS premium paintballs this was the first time I had used this paint. This paint had me dug in for most game unable to do anything because anytime I would get going i.e. shoot 5-10 ball then it would turn to soup and there I am stuck trying to clear a mess on the field. Like I said I have never seen the cyclones break so much paint so I am a bit dumbfounded as to the cause any insight or tips to fix this problem would be great. part 2 of my question is any one have any tips for paint out there I have used several brands but I cant seem to get my hand on anything worth a damn most of the paint I have used around where I live seems to be unable to hit a target at 50ft with any consistency I prob should also say on the A5 I still have the factory tube barrel and the X7 has a 14in works tippmann barrel.

So to sum it up
1- Any run in to big time ball breakage with this brand or others if so how did you fix it?
2- Any one know any paint out there thats able to land more than 5 shots in a row at 50ft?
3- Any good tips for new barrels with out going flatline or apex just looking for something that can help my paint fly straight?

Thanks for the time RaZeRwire

#2 User is offline   Boomer14 

• Irregulators Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Durty Dan

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

Is the paint breaking in the cyclone or barrel? If it is the cyclone (most likely), the best thing you can do for the X7 is buy squishy paddles. Techt makes ones that work great. My X7 did not like any kind of paint until I upgraded the whole thing, ratchet, paddles, and rod. You might also ensure that the ratchet is cycling properly. I have no problem with mine and Nelspat, our local cheaper field paint.

I prefer the Hammerhead barrel for the Tippman, but any quality one should do. If you don't size the paint for the bore you have, you might find that different cases of paint will be too tight for your bore, and lead to breakage in the barrel. Too loose (undersized paint) will lead to velocity issues and some say decreased accuracy.

As for paint brands, the most accurate is the one that is stored the best. Paint likes to be in a temperature and humidity stable environment and to be fresh. Your supplier may have some issues there. Discount stores and some fields are not the place to get fresh, properly stored paint. Cooling and warming will make any paint break unreliably. It can also change the shape and diameter of the paintball, creating accuracy and breakage problems. Everyone has their own favorite, mine is Nelson Special Forces. I put about 2 cases a day out when I play, and never have issues.

Hope this helps.

This post has been edited by Boomer14: 23 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

#3 User is offline   Benshan 

• Pastor Ben
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Benshan

Post icon  Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

Yes it matters where the breaks are occurring. You could buy TechT, WARgear, or Lapco squishy paddles. If you're tight on cash you can sand down the stock paddles and you may want to sand down the feed arm. I just did this tonight with my X7 because it chopped the heck out of my RPS Stinger balls. DXS Blaze seem to be really good balls form everything I've heard. i own some but haven't got to use them yet. Again weather variables make a huge difference if you are in humidity these things are water soluble and I've had them break down in my pods before when the humidity was really high. If they are breaking in your barrel look for anything that could be obstructing the passage. It's also possible your bolt is a hair too long and not hitting flush causing your balls to break. If you are low on air it may not be loading quit right. there are so many variables knowing where the breaks are occurring will help us to narrow down your issue.

Sabre # 805

#4 User is offline   RaZerWire 

• runnin a 98c w/flatline & R/T soon to be an A-5
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:RaZerWire

Posted 24 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

Sry was late when i first posted but the breaks are happening after the cyclone. there is not even a mess in the loading port where the cyclone meets the marker it like they are all barrel breaks but ..........

Crap sure a stupid question now that i just did a drop test... well trying to let the paintballs free fall thru both barrels it seems i have some massively over sized paint yay go me for not thinking lol. Thanks for the input though.

RaZeRwire

#5 User is offline   Ka1iBuR 

• The swagger of an EMPEROR!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ka1iBuR

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

As for question number two, any paint that decently matches your barrel bore will be more accurate and air-efficient than paint that is too large or too small. I would also recommend upgrading the barrel on your A5.
For question three, I have an X7 with a 14" Trinity Recon barrel with mock suppressor. All other performance parts are stock, and My X7 setup is the most accurate marker I've experienced to date. You can buy this barrel from the SOP online store for about 45 dollars.

#6 User is offline   Geos 

• Great Lakes Rangers
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Geos

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:14 PM

This may sound funny, but is your cyclone on to tight? I have heard this problem from several people. they losened the bolt that hold the cyclone on just enough for it to still be snug. After thry loosened it up the breakage stoped. I have had trouble with RPS paint in several markers, so try several types to find out what you can get local from a pro shop, not the really old stuff from retailers. Also check your speed, Tippmanns work best in the 275-285fps range.

Geos

#7 User is offline   Mastino 

• Let Loose the Dogs of War!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MASTIFF

Posted 11 June 2009 - 10:06 AM

View PostRaZerWire, on Feb 24 2009, 01:52 PM, said:

Sry was late when i first posted but the breaks are happening after the cyclone. there is not even a mess in the loading port where the cyclone meets the marker it like they are all barrel breaks but ..........

Crap sure a stupid question now that i just did a drop test... well trying to let the paintballs free fall thru both barrels it seems i have some massively over sized paint yay go me for not thinking lol. Thanks for the input though.

RaZeRwire

Yea that will do it. Just out of curiosity, are you using the stock barrel?
The Army of One
One man, One rifle, One shot, One kill

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users