• You cannot reply to this topic

aircraft pilots Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   crazy ash killa 

• insanity at its best!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:crazy ash killa

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:14 PM

well here is a thread t odiscuss being a pilot.

i played a pilot in the western front game but as a hammer so every air battle i dominated there was no stopping my double trouble then i would land and destroy squads of people at once this position is great if you know the rules the feild has becasue you are immune to ground troups untill you land, only other aircraft and laws you need to worry about

yeah being a pilot is sick!
Evil is as Evil does and no one does it better!

#2 User is offline   tippmann14 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 October 2006 - 12:51 PM

wats a pilot? how is it an aircraft? u cant really be flying

#3 User is offline   THORST 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:THORST

Posted 18 October 2006 - 10:54 PM

It basically makes you immune until you land. I don't know if you can shoot when your in the air though. It's like airstrikes, doesn't really happen you just act like it.
If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done.
IPB Image
IPB Image

#4 User is offline   crazy ash killa 

• insanity at its best!
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2006 - 11:21 PM

View Posttippmann14, on Oct 18 2006, 03:51 PM, said:

wats a pilot? how is it an aircraft? u cant really be flying

Basicly you walk around holding a moop stickwith some type of aircraft on it, some have ropes some don't for example a ropeless stick is a figher pilot and is meant to ingade other aircraft and the roped sticks are bombers so the passengers on the bombers can throw gernades at ground troops.

yes while in the air you can not be shot exept by another pilot or by a law unless you land by depending feild rule lowering your stick or saying landing and setting it down.

awesome position and i would play it every time with my DT...

#5 User is offline   BASHBRO1 

• BASHBRO1
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BASHBRO1

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:13 AM

I am sorry but that is the most ridiculous position I have heard to date. I would love to shoot somebody carrying a stick with a flag on it. I suppose you have to make the sounds as well or nobody would know what you are :) I don't think that this position is realistic unless you actually have an aircraft or helicopter. I have been to games where SUVs where used to simulate helicopter landings in fields and towns but never seen single players running around pretending to be aircraft.
Also unless you have hundreds of people. You should probably be concentrating on squads and platoon infantry tactics instead of rogue fighter pilots. And if you do have hundreds of people you may very well be able to get a real helicopter to show up and play along.
BASHBRO1
"Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb"
Dark Helmet

#6 User is offline   tippmann14 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 October 2006 - 11:48 AM

thats stupid ur immune because ur carrying a stick the whole idea i personally think its dumb and good idea id also like to open fire on somebody carrying a stick saying their immune

#7 User is offline   stolz 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STOLZ

Posted 22 October 2006 - 11:32 AM

you cant kill me because i have a stick lol

#8 User is offline   crazy ash killa 

• insanity at its best!
  • PipPip

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:39 AM

it is true, how MXS runs there scenario like for the western front they had tri planes on a stick so you would know it is a aircraft, At the narnia game in april they had bats and griffins on them and i forgot what they used for blood moon. they were/are immune to ground troops till we lower or drop the stick and when some one shot at me to be Ignorant the ref 's took them out so either way i ws still in.

MXS games normally draw like 200 -400 people so the field is feild enough to pull this off

#9 User is offline   Fut 

• Silent Storm - Sabre
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fut

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:05 PM

How does playing "Pretend" interest any WoodsBallers?
Pilots and Planes make no sense... I can just picture a bunch of people at a big scenerio game running around with their arms up making airplane noises...

You might as well have a Navy in there as well; "Sorry sir, you can only shoot me While I'm Docked."

Even if you take an ATV or something and strapped wooden wings and stuff on it, why call it a "Plane"? Put some sides on it and call it a Tank. Pretending to be in the Air flying around is pointless, why even play paintball? Just play pretend with people, point at them and yell "Bang, you're dead!"

The only possible way I could see having a "Pilot" in a game would be for a Search and Rescue mission of sorts. Pilots would get a very limited Paint Supply (50 rounds or something) and they'd start the game by the "Downed Aircraft". One team has to find and rescue the Pilot(s) and the other team has to kill them.

Sabre #666

#10 User is offline   Brainard-OPFOR- 

• Team OPFOR
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Brainard

Posted 08 November 2006 - 02:08 PM

View PostBASHBRO1, on Oct 19 2006, 09:13 AM, said:

I am sorry but that is the most ridiculous position I have heard to date. I would love to shoot somebody carrying a stick with a flag on it. I suppose you have to make the sounds as well or nobody would know what you are :D I don't think that this position is realistic unless you actually have an aircraft or helicopter. I have been to games where SUVs where used to simulate helicopter landings in fields and towns but never seen single players running around pretending to be aircraft.
Also unless you have hundreds of people. You should probably be concentrating on squads and platoon infantry tactics instead of rogue fighter pilots. And if you do have hundreds of people you may very well be able to get a real helicopter to show up and play along.
BASHBRO1

In North Idaho, we actually incorporate a real Helo in the Blackhawk Down scenario games. We have designated Delta Force Team members that make an insertion into the city center (Its held in a mock city on about 12 acres), while the Rangers truck it in SUVs. The Helo gives us continuing air support from the door gunners. Pretty cool.

This post has been edited by Brainard-OPFOR-: 09 November 2006 - 02:01 PM

Team OPFOR - We're so hard, we f**k rocks.

CAPT S. Brainard
Unit CO

Team OPFOR

#11 User is offline   Texas Trigger 

• Nothin' but the rain...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 November 2006 - 08:24 AM

My buddy flies ultralite planes and we might be able to get him to do a flyover some day, but it would most likely be for recon, not shooting people from the air.....
I'm here, Benjie, I'm here, I said, clasping his hand on my arm.
Help me Rootie, my legs won't move.
Aw Benjie, it'll be okay Benj, I'll give you mine

USAFA '12.

#12 User is offline   SHADOW SNIPER 

• masta of disasta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shadow sniper

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:24 AM

i think its reallt pointless
www.zjpaintball.com
FREE AGENT
Rangerz ego7 sling trigger zick kit

#13 User is offline   Heavyman25 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Heavyman25

Posted 27 December 2006 - 07:46 PM

Are you stupid
Who would go around screaming i am imune wave around a stick.
For one i would shoot the hell out of you. Second that is the worst idea ever.

#14 User is offline   10-shot kid 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:22 AM

A long time ago survival new york (cousins of Newburg) was my home field and I was friends with all thejudges. I used to play 'dirty' at scenario games by aquiring bombs/007 cards/etc. and dicking up the opposing teams base all the time. I would then blame it on some poor kid while in a diffrent outfit, or become such a nusaince both teams would think I was against them and spend a considerable amount of time trying to find me, once when I was right next to them. Anyways...

One year they go "hey ten shot we have a really cool mission for you... hop in the tank!" I get in the tank and find out I'm a downed helicopter pilot. They'll drop me in some random place (with only 50 rounds :P) and I have to evade around four hundrish people, half of whom I have personally dicked over and TORKED OFF that day. I made it to the first checkpoints and didn't make the last "go across the middle of the entire field" exit.

Playing pilot without a plane sucks balls. Espicially when the refs think it's funny to radio in to the open channel where you are :P
Edward Thomas Cigar: 104 Limestone Plaza Fayettville, the only place with a proper lounge to buy and smoke well kept premium and rare cigars in syracuse.
Cousins paintball: Top of the line tourny and rec. fields and gear http://www.playpaintball.com/

Professional Internet Poster Sponsered by,
Sean "SP marketing dude" Scott: DESTROYER OF SPECIAL OPS 4 EVAH!

#15 User is offline   tankbuster 

• Colonel of the 4th Artillery Regiment
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:treesniper1

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:12 PM

Im saving up for an ultralight aircraft for 2 to accommodate a pilot and a gunner. But if you can get one a heli is always better.
92% of teens would drop dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your one of the 8% who would be laughing their butt off, put this in your sig.
SLAY THE ORCS!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users