Dangerous Lightbulbs Thanks Congress
Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:26 AM
Warning: Dangerous Lightbulbs
Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:58 AM
Although I agree that lightbulb shouldn't be used. If what he's saying he's true, we should wait for an alternative energy-saving lightbulb before using one so inconvenient.
In Before The Lock
Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:27 AM
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more
Posted 21 June 2008 - 06:14 AM
And i agree. LED is the way to go. Uses very little energy and can be super bright.
Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:20 AM
my science teacher gave everyone one of those energy saver lightbulbs at the end of the year (i know, Dirty Acronym right?), and i refused to take it. she got all mad and asked why, so i got to lecture the whole class on how theyre actually worse for the environment, etc etc
on top of that:
1) they dont last as long as everyone says they do, just try one...
2) they cost more
3) theyre SO UGLY!
4) the only kind that works on a dimmer switch is nearly twice the cost of a normal energy saver lb.
5) im gonna laugh in 10 years when we have a mercury crisis in our water supply because no one takes the proper precautions to dispose them.
6) i honestly dont care about the environment enough to deal with the harsh, ugly light they give off
7) since when does congress get to tell me what i can and cannot make or buy when the original thing wasnt hurting anyone??? i mean, sure they use energy... now what, only hybrid cars? only those stupid reusable grocery bags which you gotta buy and bring yourself??
edit: just watched, LOL place in glass jar with metal lid, since thats readily available
This post has been edited by Becc: 21 June 2008 - 07:25 AM
Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:31 AM
Posted 21 June 2008 - 10:00 AM
What I think is ironic is that more and more flashlight are coming out with LED bulbs in them since they are brighter, more energy efficient, put out very little heat, light instantly (unlike floresent lights), and last almost forever. Now that's a lightbulb I want for my house.