• You cannot reply to this topic

Trouble with A5 E-grip solonoid or board in trigger?? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   PAINTSLINGER05 

• NCSU
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:PAINTSLINGER05

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:29 PM

Hey all, its been about 2 or so years since I've been on the forums (or played paintball for that matter), and I just got back into the game not long ago. Ordered an e-gripped A5 about a week ago, and it shot great the first day I had it. However, the e-grip is now malfunctioning. It isn't 'clicking' when I try to fire, like it isn't recognizing when I try to fire. I took the grip off, and looked at the solonoid when I try to fire and it doesn't work (I am assuming it is the solonoid that is the problem but i really have no professional input, only observation). Since this is my first time having an e-grip on a tippmann, I am really unfamiliar with how all of this "should" be working. I would like to fix this myself, due to the fact that I really dont have time to wait to send it off to tippmann and wait to get it all back, but if that is the only solution, I shall go that route. Thanks for any help, it is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I tried adjusting the dwell up to 15 then to 20, but it had no effect. However, it did start firing for a few shots before it stopped 'clicking' again. Any ideas what this may be?

This post has been edited by PAINTSLINGER05: 18 April 2010 - 12:07 PM

North Carolina State University Paintball Team Captain/President
Are you interested in joining the NCSU Wolfpack Paintball Club? Email me at naisenho@ncsu.edu

#2 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:59 AM

No "clicking" sound? Try a brand new quality battery. A vast majority of e-grip problems are due to an off-brand battery or just an old one. Even if you just put a new one in it last week, grab a brand new Duracell/Energizer & put it in (better yet get to a pro-shop & pick up a high end 9v). No guarantee, but it's a good start to make sure that it isn't because of a bad battery.

BTW - Welcome back!

This post has been edited by ger: 19 April 2010 - 10:59 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#3 User is offline   xrugger 

• I fart in your general direction!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:xrugger

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:13 PM

I had an Egrip on an A5 that would "lock Down" It was like the solenoid would stay magnetized and the sear would magnetically stick to the pin it hits at the bottom side. I took it to a pro shop and the guy replaced my trigger assembly with a different one and it fired a dozen or so times but then it started sticking again. I'm not sure if this is your problem but I sent mine back to tippmann and they fixed it.
IF YOU CAN READ THIS.....THANK A TEACHER!

#4 User is offline   PAINTSLINGER05 

• NCSU
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PAINTSLINGER05

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

View Postger, on Apr 19 2010, 10:59 AM, said:

No "clicking" sound? Try a brand new quality battery. A vast majority of e-grip problems are due to an off-brand battery or just an old one. Even if you just put a new one in it last week, grab a brand new Duracell/Energizer & put it in (better yet get to a pro-shop & pick up a high end 9v). No guarantee, but it's a good start to make sure that it isn't because of a bad battery.

BTW - Welcome back!

Thanks for the welcome! I tried Duracell, Energizer, and a Food Lion battery, with no effect

View Postxrugger, on Apr 19 2010, 12:13 PM, said:

I had an Egrip on an A5 that would "lock Down" It was like the solenoid would stay magnetized and the sear would magnetically stick to the pin it hits at the bottom side. I took it to a pro shop and the guy replaced my trigger assembly with a different one and it fired a dozen or so times but then it started sticking again. I'm not sure if this is your problem but I sent mine back to tippmann and they fixed it.

This is exactly what mine was doing actually. I called tippmann today and sent the trigger off because they really couldn't tell me how to fix it, however, a friend let me borrow a mechanical trigger for a couple weeks :P
North Carolina State University Paintball Team Captain/President
Are you interested in joining the NCSU Wolfpack Paintball Club? Email me at naisenho@ncsu.edu

#5 User is offline   xrugger 

• I fart in your general direction!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:xrugger

Posted 19 April 2010 - 10:06 PM

Glad my frustration was able to do some good for someone else. I bought a new Egrip before I called Tippmann cause i was playing the next day. I was not used to companies standing behind their products like Tippmann does. live and learn I guess. hope everything works out for you.
IF YOU CAN READ THIS.....THANK A TEACHER!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users