Special Ops Paintball: Opsgear:Tippmann A5 MAG Kit - SIG - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Opsgear:Tippmann A5 MAG Kit - SIG ...not "as advertised"

#1 User is offline   anjin3515 

• Anjin
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ANJIN3515

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:45 PM

"This MAG kit is made specifically for the Tippmann A-5 and adds the intimidator look and feel to your marker! "

Well...thats really not the truth. Ordered a Sig mag kit for my A-5 from opsgear and it just came in today.
I opened it up and...low and behold...it seems to have been hacked off an airsoft gun!!!

Now I knew that it was a plastic mag...and I am fine with that.....BUT...look at the quote above it says..."made specifically for the Tippmann A-5"...I think not.

Its not that this is a horrible mag....but it was falsely advertised. I mean its got a spring in it and the bottom slides open to insert the bb's....also the top where it was cut is rather jagged and so is the extra hole they drilled to make it lineup with an A-5....this thing came from an airsoft gun I am sure of it.

All in all....Im just disapointed...not so much in the product....but in the way it was advertised.
I have to give Opsgear a thumbs down on this........just thought all of you all may want to be aware of this.

(spelling edit)

This post has been edited by anjin3515: 14 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

#2 User is offline   Snake Dog 

• Snake Dog
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snake Dog

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:51 PM

oh dude! i have been looking at opsgear tippmann packages too. i am glad you posted on this. opsgear has a thumb down from me too.
http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade...ew.asp?id=95752

IPB Image

I will fight, until from my bones, my flesh be hacked. Shakespeare

#3 User is offline   anjin3515 

• Anjin
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:55 PM

I should add that I have ordered other things from Opsgear and they were fine....its just that this really disapointed me......I dont want to bash them....but I do feel like I was mislead.

#4 User is offline   SWATORNOT 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:MONITOR

Posted 14 September 2006 - 08:58 PM

Their removable mag kit is also a hacked Airsoft mag. Check out this thread on the UMS where the member swapped out for a real metal M4 mag;
http://www.undergroundmodshop.com/forums/v...read.php?t=4770

The least they could do now is quit with the "hacking" of Airsoft parts and get a nice mold of their own going, or heck, buy a bunch of real mags and modify them to fit.
<div align="center"><b><a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=79662" target="_blank">How-To: Flatline Barrel</a> <a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=79663" target="_blank">How-To: Polished Internals</a>
<a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=72814&hl=How-To" target="_blank">How-To: Vest Care 101</a> <a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=79660" target="_blank">How-To: Start Your Own Team</a> <a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=79661" target="_blank">How-To: Ghillie Mask</a>
<a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=78548" target="_blank">Silencer Laws</a> <a href="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showforum=61" target="_blank">Forum FAQs</a>
</div></b>

#5 User is offline   anjin3515 

• Anjin
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:12 PM

umm...what also kind of gets me is right on the product card it says...“ And our gear is designed to meet and exceed this level of intensity and rigor. We stand by the quality of our products and are committed to continued innovation in the warrior’s arena”

hacked airsoft does not ="continued innovation in the warrior’s arena”

I dont want to bash Opsgear....I just feel let down in their discription of the product and felt like people should know that they are in fact buying an airsoft mag...not a plastic mag made for the A-5....

This post has been edited by anjin3515: 14 September 2006 - 10:14 PM

#6 User is offline   vargg 

• giggidy giggidy giggidy goo
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:vargg

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:53 AM

i had the g36 mag kit and the 1st time i tripped... crunch lol. yup is low grade plastic airsoft junk.although i saved the metal bracket and got 1 of my brothers 30 round mil issue m16 mags and mounted in bracket . now is rock solid.... is that soooo hard, youd think theyd of thought of that by now.thats what i recomend.

This post has been edited by vargg: 15 September 2006 - 06:53 AM

#7 User is offline   Miss T. Spray 

• Bob Dole
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mr.T.Baggins

Posted 27 September 2006 - 05:23 PM

Ya you got to be carefull the metal mags they sell look better and are alot tougher. I dont like plastic mags anyway I find they look very fake
Anti - H.E.M.P. member # 2

#8 User is offline   alittletippy 

• AlItTlEtIpPy
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:alittletippy

Posted 25 November 2006 - 08:41 PM

I had an opsgear sig mag kit and loved it. yeah it was plastic, but it was well molded. not some hacked up airsoft reject piece. Mounted real sturdy and took a bunch of abuse. Sorry to hear you got let down man. I to have done plenty of business with opsgear and have never been dissappointed in their products, but maybe im just a lucky one.
My Feedback
AIRHOG'S CUSTOM WORKS-CHECK THEM OUT
Tippy's,Thor,Punisher,Punisher CQB,BAKEMONO

#9 User is offline   Fallschirmjager Scharfuhrer 

• Links zwo drei vier Links!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CO Fiss

Posted 26 December 2006 - 10:08 AM

last year I purchased a Ump mag for the A-5 from OPS gear and it was fine, absolutly made for the tipmann A-5.

I cant believe they would do that, that is absolutly unacceptable. I hope you sent it back
Meine Ehre HeiBt Treue!

#10 User is offline   OCMI_VIPER 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:OCMI_VIPER

Posted 29 January 2007 - 01:44 PM

Ya, I have the OpsGear MP-5 Mag as well as the Sig Mag and they are both of great quality. The MP-5 Mag is Solid and fits perfect. The Sig mag is plastic, but is still molded pretty strong.

I have many OpsGear products and they are all well made and durable.
www.ocmipaintball.com
Proudly Sponsored by:
Tippmann Sports / Tiberius Arms / SC Village / Giant Paintball Parks

#11 User is offline   yeti2424 

• Unit Commander of the Orange County Mobile Infantry
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:yeti 24

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:19 PM

I also have an OpsGear Sig Mag kit. I used it for well over a year and had no problems with it. Mine was not an airsoft part at all but molded very strong. It took quite a beating without any problems. However it did break when I tripped and the mag took the full force of my fall. Though honestly I would have been shocked had it not broken. It was plastic and plastic has its limitations. (Heck I have seen and heard of many a Special Ops stock tearing away from its metal receiver in a bad fall.)

I have since switched to the M4 Hideaway Mag kit which is machined entirely out of aluminum, very sturdy, and functional in that you can store gear in it and access it with relative ease.

The Orange County Mobile Infantry is a Scenario/Woodsball team based out of Orange County California.
Proudly Supported by: Tippmann | Tiberius Arms | Giant Paintball Parks | SC Village

#12 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:11 PM

How on earth did Anjin end up with an airsoft part and you other guys got non-airsoft molded peices? We are talking about the same product, correct?
- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users