• You cannot reply to this topic

SL68 II questions just got it Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Phantom9399 

• Ninja!
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Phantom9399

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:34 PM

well i just got a SL-68 II for my birthday... got it from a friend who saw how much i loved them after envying every player with one

(i almost said got a brand new SL-68 II... woulda felt like a moron there)

and ive got a few questions i figured you all would know the answer to

will it run on HPA? (ill proly run it on Co2... unless im playing a winter game or something)

about how many shots out of a 20 oz?

any idea on the bore size of the barrel? what paint has worked well for you in the past?

i think thats about it

really lookin forward to using it sometime
One shot = One kill
"As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i am not afraid because i am the meanest motherBOINKer in the whole valley" - General Patton
Tippmann owner # 98
JT owner number 5

#2 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:43 PM

Yes it will run on HPA - you may need to up the velocity a bit though. You'll need a high pressure tank. If you have an adjustable regulator it works best around 900psi.

It will definitely run on CO2. In fact, it will run very well in the winter. If you have trouble getting your velocity high enough in the winter you can slap on a siphon tank and your consistency and velocity will be higher than ever.

You should be able to get around 1200-1500 shots on a 20oz. Nelson pump markers are pretty much the most efficient valve system out there. The style of the velocity adjuster takes a little away from the efficiency and the fact that the parts are a little crude doesn't help but it should still be very efficient.

The bore size of the stock barrel is going to be pretty huge. I would assume around .693-.695. The marker is from a time when Tippmann had their "air pillow" theory and made barrels with very large bores. It still works pretty well. Fortunately stock barrels were made pretty nicely back then since after-market barrels were not common practice. Any large bore paint will do nicely - I personally like Karnage since it is made locally. Nelson in general makes good larger bore paint.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#3 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:50 PM

Piller's pretty much right, mine worked on HPA and CO2, your guess was a little low, mine got 1700 shots off of a 20 ounce (albeit on a warm day) The stock barrel was HUGE, I had rollouts with the same paint a guy using a .693 Freak insert was using, so I'm guessing at least .695...

The stock barrel is pretty nice, not bad, just big. Just snag some large bore paint (as Piller said) and you're okay.

Tell all the ub3r 1337 5n1pz0rz that you stole tippmann's prototype from the world cup, it's actually a pump. :panzer:
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#4 User is offline   Phantom9399 

• Ninja!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Phantom9399

Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

are there detents in it? or should i just not keep a ball in the chamber unless i wanna shoot?
One shot = One kill
"As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i am not afraid because i am the meanest motherBOINKer in the whole valley" - General Patton
Tippmann owner # 98
JT owner number 5

#5 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:14 AM

An old school trick is to put a 2-3 dots of nail polish a the beginning of the barrel - just ahead of where the ball sits before it gets shot. They prevent rollouts without breaking paint.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#6 User is offline   bubba3 

• Im a lil bord... and my dad's a big plank :)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bubba3

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:52 AM

you can get new barrels terned down...I know PWpaintball dose it...ya the nail polish trick is a good one

oh and a helpfull hint, dont tern the velocity screw in to far thay tend to get a lil stuck. I got them stuck on all three of mine one day cuz I couldnt get below 300 fps(my reg went loopy putin out 1000psi insted of the norm 800psi)
If your parents do not buy you your gear, put this in your sig I work at a hospital cleaning for my PB gear...and save change lol
stuff for sale my myspace feedback+32/-0 my brigade Tippmann Owner #23 ha you no see me!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users