• You cannot reply to this topic

The Gen X Global Tactical Vest A cost-effective solution

#1 User is offline   Sharpshooter-88 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Operative

Posted 28 July 2007 - 02:03 PM

So there I was, lugging my random pieces of gear in my pockets, running out of paint in the middle of a firefight, and getting dehydrated. Today, I finally woke up and smelled the roses, and said; "GAHHH!! I can't take it anymore! I need a vest!!!"

And so I went looking for a woodsball vest at a reasonable price, but also of good quality. After taking a trip down to the tried-and-true paintball field of Wasaga Beach, I came out successful with this beautiful gear-hauling monster.

The front of the vest

The back of the vest

Onto the review!

Comfort = 10
With the foam either installed or not, this vest is extremely comfortable. It fits snuggly around your waist and shoulders, without crunching your collarbones with pressure. Also, when fully loaded with all manner of paintball gear, the weight is distributed equally and is not a burden to bear.

Storage Space = 8
This vest comes with 3 Velcro-d front pockets, 1 zippered map pocket, 1 zippered regular pocket and 1 Velcro-d radio pocket, most of which can hold a *@#$load of paintball equipment. Also, if you use the 2 elasticized holders beside the main pod holders, you can haul 840 (140 X 6) paintballs with you onto the field. The only fault here is that the radio pocket is not attached directly to the vest, but instead is attached to a short piece of Cordura (so the radio pocket swings a little as you run).

Durability = 8
The entire main "frame" of the vest is put together quite strong, and is made of tough Cordura nylon. Again, the only fault I can find is the water bladder pouch on the back of the vest, in which the interior fabric and stitching is quite thin. Although the fabric is not the greatest, it is water-resistant, and I can't see a water bladder tearing through this fabric on its own, so it's satisfactory.

Price = 10
I bought this vest for $85 Canadian (tax not included), so the price is just right; cheap.

*Bonus*
The entire lower back panel where the pods and tank holder are situated is fully customizable because it uses large Velcro straps and Cordura buckles to hold the pods and tank holder in place. How cool is that?

Overall = 9
This vest is perfect for someone looking for a functional vest at a reasonable price. It can carry a moderate amount of paint, a mean amount of paintball odds and ends, and it's of La-Z Boy comfortability. An ideal investment for the average woodsballer.

Sharpshooter out.
Official Canadian Woodsballer

SP-1 Owner #25

#2 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 14 August 2007 - 11:18 PM

forgot something i tryed it and ti was way to small for me ,this vest is made for smaller pson
im 6'4' 218lbs
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#3 User is offline   Monnster13 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Monnster13

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:46 PM

View PostQC MAD KID, on Aug 15 2007, 12:18 AM, said:

forgot something i tryed it and ti was way to small for me ,this vest is made for smaller pson
im 6'4' 218lbs

This is good to know. I am roughly the same size as you. I have thought about getting this vest, but now I know that it probably will not be big enough.

#4 User is offline   Splat Pack 

• merc for hire
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:daddysmut

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:20 AM

my team runs the same vests. one of the things i really like about it is the two front belt velcro loops. they keep the vest from sliding back and choking your neck from all the weight of your tank and pods.

one of the things i really hate about the vest is that the pocket for the hydro bladder is tiny. you can't even fit a 1 liter bladder in there. :blink:

#5 User is offline   Never Dead's twin 

• WARPAINT
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BLACK OPS RANGER

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:14 AM

View PostQC MAD KID, on Aug 14 2007, 11:18 PM, said:

im 6'4' 218lbs

How small(I need to know since I am only 3 pounds lighter but aprox. same hight)?

#6 User is offline   dw34 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:DW34

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:52 PM

I purchased the same vest a little over a year ago and really liked it , despite it being a little too small, as I'm a little on the large side. The prob with this vest is the velcro on the shoulders starts to breakdown quickly as does the velcro on the belt loops. I have recently purchased a spec-ops broadsword vest, MUCH better product for just a little more dough.
Walkers Rangers
Tippmann Owners Group #130

#7 User is offline   g88coba 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:01 PM

this vest is really good and dirt cheap. has a ton of pockets and grande pouches so you can use it during a scenario game like oklahoma d-day. it make get a little warm if your playing in high temperatures, but ive used it a while and i still havent experience major heat and i live in florida.

#8 Guest_Woodland Warrior_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 June 2008 - 07:32 PM

I have this vest, and I can tell you that it is the best solution cost wise. It's $40.00 (US), and it holds everything you need. Get this vest. a $120.00 vest from Special Ops isn't really worth it when you can get one for $80 dollars cheaper. Its also easy to clean and very durable.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users