• You cannot reply to this topic

Remote Line General, Nonspecific Review

#1 User is offline   cowboyup 

• Born to Bunker
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cowboyup

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:28 PM

I just got a brand new remote line from anythingxtreme, and I feel that I must share my experience with everyone and (opefully) save some people some money. Okay, here it goes.

As I said, I ordered my remote online and waited for almost two weeks to get my hands on it. It was a beautiful remote that cost me $55. It had a slide check and quick disconnect. I was sure I'd love it. Then it came in.

I had never tried a remote before, but I got the impression that it was pretty important based on the content of this site. I was therefore sure that I'd love it and spent a lot of money to get a high quality remote. However, I could not stand the way it actually felt in a real game. The cord prevented me from easily shooting off hand, and I was always worried about it catching on something (although it never did). Anyway, I used my $55 dollar remote for a total of 2 hours of paintball before I put my tank back on the gun and the remote in the bottom of my gear bag (it hasn't been touched since).

Long story short, don't do what I did. If you think you might want to run a remote set up, please try it out before you go out and buy a remote. Running a remote is definately not for everyone, so make sure you like it before you drop a wad of cash on something you may never use.

P.S. If anyone wants to relieve me of my remote, give me an email and maybe we can work something out.

edit: spelling

This post has been edited by cowboyup: 02 April 2005 - 09:29 PM

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:39 PM

I love my remote. I hate playing with my tank on my marker. I only play without the remote when i speedball. It is trickier firing in your offhand, but i think taking the extra weight off the marker makes it worth it. I use a 92 ci tank, so although i can run it on the marker, its just easier on a remote. Never had it ever get caught on anything. Some things work for some and not for others. Im sorry your remote didnt work for you, but sometime you might find you want to go remote again, like if you get a big hpa tank or if you scenario ball, long hours of play take a toll on your arms when you carry your marker for 8 hours straight. Good luck selling it.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 Guest_MOATI_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:46 PM

Remotes are not for everyone however I'd suggest trying it out now and then and see if you develop a feel for it. I say that because when I first starting using a remote, I felt the same way as you. It seemed very uncomfortable to me. However, now I couldn't imagine playing without the remote for any length of time. I'll go tank on gun for a quick game of speedball but that's about it.

#4 User is offline   cowboyup 

• Born to Bunker
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:35 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I may try the remote again in the future, but for now, I like running my air on gun (even with my 20 oz. CO2 tank).

#5 User is offline   Invictus 

• Operator Strike Force
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus-

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:30 AM

I have and use the Remote. I find that movement for me is easier. I can easily switch to shoot with either hand comfortably. There's only few downfalls that I noticed about the Remote Coil that I have

1. if you dont have the slide check then you must turn the remote off via the valve that's on your back to remove it from your marker.

2. if any pressure remains and you remove it, you run the risk of the o-ring inside it of blowing out (lol, I found that out at a scenario).

3. if you need to change tanks its a pain, unless you call yourself out.

Regardless of the mentioned downfalls though, I will never go back to screwing my tank straight into my marker ever again.

Proud member of Team IYAOYAS and sponsored by
Planet Eclipse , LCP Army, SobePaintball , Shooting Hot Magazine, Addiction Army, The Ford Report , and Conlee Custom Camo.

When being an Owner just isn't enough, A5OG l X7OG l 98OG l PEOG l IOG

#6 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:06 AM

cowboyup, on Apr 3 2005, 06:35 AM, said:

Thanks for the input guys. I may try the remote again in the future, but for now, I like running my air on gun (even with my 20 oz. CO2 tank).

i love my remote but i didnt enjoy the remote until i got my stock with the remote and stock my gun is half the weight and perfect for what i use it for i havent gone back to my tank on the gun and have never even thought of it (tank cant fit on the gun with the stock without a drop forward) but reconsider and think about a stock
looks cool and works awsome

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#7 User is offline   Halki 

• The beer swiller.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Halki

Posted 03 April 2005 - 11:12 AM

I have a remote line and I like it most of the time. Its gotten in the way on low crawls before. Whenever I use CO2 I use remote, with HPA Ill probably keep the tank on gun most of the time. Using a stock with air through towards the back makes the remote less "tangly".

Slide check and quick disconnect are definate essentials.

#8 User is offline   cowboyup 

• Born to Bunker
  • PipPip

Posted 03 April 2005 - 01:39 PM

Chibbs: My two markers are a Trilogy Autococker and a Spyder Rodeo. I'm not sure if I can even get a good stock for either of these markers.

#9 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 03 April 2005 - 07:21 PM

cowboyup, on Apr 3 2005, 01:39 PM, said:

Chibbs: My two markers are a Trilogy Autococker and a Spyder Rodeo. I'm not sure if I can even get a good stock for either of these markers.

well than mabe u should ditch the remote personaly i need somthing to steady my gun

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#10 User is offline   cowboyup 

• Born to Bunker
  • PipPip

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:42 AM

That's cool. Everyone has their preferences ;)

#11 User is offline   Animal Mother 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:///Animal Mother///

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:47 AM

I have tried every combo that you can think of over the last ten years and the answer I came up with is, different games require different setups. I use a remote one day and then I switch back to on gun the next. I just don't feel like there is one perfect way to go in paintball. You have to be flexible and be able to change your gear to suit the environment that you are playing in. Don't be so quick to sell that new remote. Hold on to it for awhile and try it here and there, you might change your mind, you already spent the money you should at least give it one more "SHOT" before trying to sell it. :D

#12 User is offline   cowboyup 

• Born to Bunker
  • PipPip

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:29 PM

Animal Mother, on Apr 4 2005, 07:47 AM, said:

I have tried every combo that you can think of over the last ten years and the answer I came up with is, different games require different setups. I use a remote one day and then I switch back to on gun the next. I just don't feel like there is one perfect way to go in paintball. You have to be flexible and be able to change your gear to suit the environment that you are playing in. Don't be so quick to sell that new remote. Hold on to it for awhile and try it here and there, you might change your mind, you already spent the money you should at least give it one more "SHOT" before trying to sell it. :D

Yea, I think I may give it another try in serious woodsball games. It will never come out on days that plan on playing some speeedball, though.

#13 User is offline   EgoisticWill 

• Horseman of the Apocolypse
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EgoisticWill

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:50 PM

I love my remotes. I don't have to worry about the off hand problem since I duel wield and therefore already have a gun off hand (which has a remote around the other side). I ordered my remotes for $38 from spec. ops. Get them there, they're cheaper.
"When playing heavy gunner, try to be the exact opposite of a sniper, this should get you by alright"

user posted image

#14 User is offline   cowboyup 

• Born to Bunker
  • PipPip

Posted 08 April 2005 - 04:17 PM

EgoisticWill, on Apr 6 2005, 04:50 PM, said:

I love my remotes. I don't have to worry about the off hand problem since I duel wield and therefore already have a gun off hand (which has a remote around the other side). I ordered my remotes for $38 from spec. ops. Get them there, they're cheaper.

Two remotes for two markers?

Cool bro :D

#15 User is offline   ShootinRooster 

• Shooter
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ShootinRooster

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:33 AM

cowboyup, on Apr 3 2005, 01:39 PM, said:

I found a site that has stocks for lots of different Spyders. I was thinking of getting one for my Imagine until I got a Vector M1 Combat. The name of the company is Gunhead. Try the link below.

http://www.gunheadguns.com/HOME1.html

:unsure:
IPB Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users